How To Download All Photos From a Messenger Conversation
If you frequently use Facebook Messenger, you know what a terrific platform it is for sharing photos. Saving images from your Messenger threads can be a great way to collect memories. It would be much easier if photos sent on Messenger were automatically saved onto your device, but unfortunately, that is not the platform’s default setting.
However, there are various ways to download photos from your Messenger conversations.
In this article, we will dive into downloading all the photos from your Messenger conversations. We will look at how to do this manually or set Messenger to download the images automatically.
Download All Photos From a Messenger Conversation on a PC
We will look at several ways of saving photos from your chats to your computer, starting with how to do it manually.
To download images sent to you on a Messenger conversation:
- Tap on the sender’s name at the top of the message thread.
- Scroll to the images sent during the conversation.
- Click on the photo you would like to save and then click “download” icon at the top right corner.
- Repeat this process for all the images on the thread.
If you don’t want to download the photos one by one manually, you can use the method below to download all photos from a Messenger conversation.
- Go to the Messenger website.
- Open the menu, click on the messenger icon at the top left corner then choose “File” and select “Preferences.”
- Under “General Account Settings,” go to “Your Facebook information” and click on “Download your information.”
- Click “Deselect all” then check the box next to the messages, scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Request a download.”button .
- The photos will be emailed to you. Open the email that has been sent and click the “Available files.”
- Download them to your computer.
Download All Photos From a Messenger Conversation on an iPhone
If you would like to transfer photos from your Messenger chat to your iPhone, you can do so by following the methods outlined below.
If you are looking to save photos from your Messenger conversation manually:
- Open your Messenger app and navigate to the conversation with the images you would like to save.
- Locate the image and long-press on it.
- Click “Save” to download the image to your gallery.
To save multiple images simultaneously to your iPhone:
- Open the conversation thread with the pictures you want to save.
- Tap on the sender’s name at the top of the thread.
- Scroll down to More actions, tap ” View photos & videos.”
- Select each image that you would like to save by tapping on it.
- Tap “More” then “Save,” and the photos will be downloaded to your iPhone.
- Repeat 4 & 5 to save all images on the thread.
Download All Photos From a Messenger Conversation on an Android
If you are looking to save photos from a Messenger conversation to your Android device, follow the steps outlined below:
- Open the Messenger app and select the conversation with the images you want to save.
- Scroll to the image and tap on it. It will open in full-screen mode.
- Tap the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Save.” The photo will be downloaded to your Android device.
- Repeat this with all the photos you would like to download.
How to download all photos from a Messenger conversation automatically
Although photos from Messenger conversations can be saved automatically to our device, the feature must be manually set up. Photos can take up a lot of storage space, so Messenger’s default setting lets you choose the images you would like stored. However, if storage is not an issue for you, you can ask Messenger to store all incoming photos to your device automatically.
To do this on an Android device:
1. Open Messenger, go to “Settings,” then “Data &Storage.”
2. Check the “Save Photos” box.
Incoming photos will now automatically be saved to your gallery.
To do this on an iPhone:
1. Open Messenger and tap on the “Settings” icon.
2. Scroll down and tap “Save photos to camera roll.”
3. Toggle to the “ON” position.
Photos from your Messenger conversations will now automatically be saved to your iPhone gallery.
A Folder Full of Memories
Downloading photos from your Facebook Messenger conversations is a great way to stock your albums. Although Messenger doesn’t save images from the chats directly to your device by default, there are ways to choose this setting manually. If you are concerned that you don’t have the storage space, you can always download the photos manually, irrespective of your device.
Do you frequently use Facebook Messenger? How do you save images from your Messenger conversations? Let us know in the comments below.