How to Edit Screenshots on Amazon Fire Tablet
Thanks to the big display and high-quality resolution of the Amazon Fire tablet, this device is a great platform for viewing and editing images.
It can be especially convenient for quickly taking and editing screenshots, as you can capture a large screen in a matter of seconds.
All Amazon Fire devices from the third generation onward can easily capture a screenshot at any time and edit it using the official Amazon Photos app. This article will explain how to do so.
How to Take a Screenshot on Amazon Fire Tablet
If you have the recent generation of Amazon Fire devices (made after 2012), taking a screenshot is a pretty straightforward process. You just have to know which buttons to press. Follow these steps:
- Go to the screen that you want to take a screenshot off on your Amazon Fire device.
- Press the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time.
- Wait for the screen to flash (as if you’ve taken a photograph). You should briefly see a smaller image at the center of the screen, notifying you that you’ve successfully taken the screenshot. If the device’s sound is on, you’ll also hear a shutter sound.
- Let go of both buttons.
The screenshot will be stored in the ‘Screenshots’ folder in the ‘Photos’ app which you can access via the app menu.
How to Edit Screenshots on Amazon Fire Tablet
The easiest way to edit your Amazon Fire screenshots (and any other images) is via the Amazon Photos app. This Cloud storage is built-in to the Amazon Fire operating system.
The first time you set up your Amazon Fire, it will sync with your Amazon account. All of the screenshots and images that you take should be backed up to this Cloud storage.
To edit screenshots on Amazon Fire, follow these steps:
- Go to your Amazon Fire app menu.
- Tap ‘Photos’ app.
- Locate the screenshot that you want to edit.
- Tap the image to open it.
- Tap the ‘more’ option (three vertical dots) at the top-right of the screen.
- Select ‘Edit’.
This will open the editor toolbar at the bottom of the screen. You’ll see an abundance of actions you can perform with your image – rotate and resize it, add text, sharpen or blur certain parts, adjust colors, and plenty of other options.
- Try out all the effects that seem interesting before you finish the editing. When you’re satisfied with your screenshot, tap the ‘Save’ button at the top-right of the screen. You should see the ‘Exporting’ screen, notifying you that the edited screenshot is being saved.
Once the process is finished, you’ll find the edited image in the Photos app. Also, the Photos app won’t delete the original screenshot. Therefore, if you want to edit the same screenshot from scratch again, just follow the same steps from above.
Are There Other Ways to Edit Screenshots?
The Photos app is the most convenient app to edit photos. It’s built-in, official Amazon app that’s synced with your account. This makes adding, removing, and navigating through the images in your storage extremely easy. However, this isn’t the only way that you can edit apps on the device.
Amazon’s app store offers plenty of interesting photo editing apps with distinctive tools and features. These are some of the best:
- Photo Studio – One of the best third-party photo editing apps with an abundance of tools and more than 200 unique photo filters. You can also create photo collages and add photo frames, which is a bit difficult in the Photos app.
- Photo Editor – This tool has similar features to the Photos app with some additional perks, such as the Drawing tool. It also has a smooth zoom mode which allows you to edit images up to tiniest pixels.
- BeFunky Photo Editor – BeFunky has some of the best photo effects that you’ll find online, and it’s also extremely user-friendly and intuitive. You’ll find some interesting effects such as ‘Beautify’ or ‘Fill Light’ as well as a bunch of different text fonts.
Furthermore, there are even more complex photo editors for Amazon Fire. However, they’re premium, which means that you can’t get them for free. If you want to tinker with intermediate tools, look for these premium apps online.
Photos App – More Than Enough
All the aforementioned apps can enhance your image editing experience. However, when you’re editing screenshots, there’s a high chance that you don’t need so many editing tools.
When it comes to editing screenshots, it’s usually cropping the image to remove the redundant parts, zooming in, or highlighting some important points. For these simple editing tasks, the built-in Photos app is more than enough.
Which tools do you use to edit your screenshots and why? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below.