How to Delete the Amazon Apps from a Firestick
Your Firestick device comes with numerous pre-installed apps that, according to Amazon, are there to keep it running smoothly. But you might notice some of these apps aren’t necessary and take up storage space. If that’s the case, you may want to delete them and free up space for the apps you use more often.
If you’re wondering how to delete Amazon apps from Firestick, we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to do it and offer further information about managing apps on Firestick.
How to Delete the Pre-Installed Apps From Your Firestick
Whether you want to free up space for other apps on your Firestick or just to get rid of apps you simply never use, deleting pre-installed apps can be a good idea. There are various methods you can use, so let’s start with the first one:
- Make sure your Firestick is connected to your device and turned on.
- From your home screen, open settings by pressing the gear icon at the top-right corner.
- Press “Applications,” and then select “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Scroll down until you find the application you want to delete.
- Open the app and press “Uninstall.”
- You’ll see a pop-up message asking you if you’re sure you want to delete the app. Press “Uninstall” once more.
After just a few seconds, the app will be deleted. If your Firestick was experiencing performance issues due to insufficient storage, deleting one or more pre-installed apps should improve things.
Another way to delete pre-installed apps from your Firestick is by using your remote. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure your Firestick device is connected and turned on.
- Hold the “Home” button on your remote.
- Press “Apps.”
- Find the app you wish to remove from your device and select the options button.
- Press “Uninstall.”
- A pop-up message will appear asking you whether you’re sure you want to uninstall the app. Press “Uninstall.”
The third way to delete pre-installed apps from your Firestick device is by using a third-party app. Different file managers allow you to install, delete, and customize your Firestick apps, including the pre-installed ones.
We recommend using ES File Explorer since it’s one of the most popular file managers. You’ll find the steps for deleting pre-installed apps through the ES File Explorer below:
- If you don’t have it already, download and install the ES File Explorer. You can find it on the Amazon App Store.
- Once you’ve installed it, open the app.
- Press “Library.”
- Press “App.”
- Find and select the app you want to delete. A green checkmark will appear at the bottom-right corner of the app’s icon.
- Press “Uninstall” in the bottom menu.
- You’ll be asked if you want to delete the app. Press “Ok.”
File managers such as the ES File Explorer are excellent if you want to delete multiple apps simultaneously. Simply mark the ones you want to delete and remove them without repeating the process several times.
You can use all the methods mentioned above for both the pre-installed apps and the ones you’ve installed yourself.
What Apps Can I Delete From Firestick?
The Amazon Firestick device comes with numerous pre-installed apps. You may notice that not all apps have the “Uninstall” option. Some apps are essential for your device. They ensure the Firestick is running smoothly without any interference and keep all the functions properly set up.
On the other hand, Firestick has several pre-installed bloatware apps. Bloatware is a term used for apps that aren’t important for your device’s proper functioning and smooth performance. These apps take up space on your Firestick even when you’re not using them. Some examples are weather apps, different games, sports apps, etc. Since they aren’t necessary for your device, Amazon Firestick allows you to delete them, thus freeing up space for other apps you find more useful.
How to Clear the Cache on a Firestick
Besides uninstalling apps from your Firestick device, you can also clear the cache to free up storage space and ensure smooth performance. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Check if your Firestick is properly connected to your device and turned on.
- Access the settings by pressing the gear icon at the top-right corner.
- Select “Applications,” and then press “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Scroll down and select the app for which you want to clear the cache.
- Press “Clear cache.”
How to Delete All Apps From a Firestick
If you have numerous unnecessary apps, rather than deleting them one by one, you can opt for deleting all of them at the same time. This is an excellent option if you’ve noticed the apps are slowing down your device. In that case, you can perform a factory reset and start fresh.
Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset on your Firestick:
- Make sure your Firestick is connected and turned on.
- Press the gear icon at the top-right corner to access settings.
- Press “My Fire TV.”
- Press “Reset to Factory Defaults.”
- A pop-up screen will appear asking you to confirm you want to reset. Press “Reset.”
Firestick will now delete all the data, and it will take between five and fifteen minutes until the process is completed. Ensure you don’t interrupt the process by disconnecting your device or by turning it off.
Keep in mind that all of your account logins, passwords, and customizations will be deleted. Once the process is done, you’ll need to log in to your Amazon account and set everything up, just like you did when you purchased your device.
In addition to performing a factory reset, we recommend updating your device afterward to ensure the best user experience. Here are the steps for updating your software on Firestick:
- Turn on your device and ensure it’s properly connected.
- Open settings by pressing the gear icon at the top-right corner.
- Press “My Fire TV.”
- Press “Developer option.”
- If you see the “Check for Updates” option, it means you have the latest version installed. If you see the “Install updates” option, it means you’re not using the latest version. Press “Install” to get it.
- Press “Update.”
The process usually takes around 5-15 minutes, depending on your internet connection. Once completed, the device will restart, and you’ll be redirected to the home screen.
Deleting Apps From Firestick Is Easy and Quick
Although Amazon Firestick is one of the most popular streaming services, it has its drawbacks, such as insufficient storage. That’s why learning how to delete Amazon apps is essential for keeping your device running smoothly. If you find that you have a lot of unnecessary apps that are slowing down your Firestick, you can opt for using a third-party app to delete several apps at once or perform a factory reset.
Do you often delete apps from your Firestick? Do you use one of the methods we discussed? Tell us in the comments section below.