How to become an Xbox beta tester: How to join the Xbox Insider Program
The Xbox Insider Program allows gamers to direct the development path of new features, and get a sneak peek at the new content on the horizon. It’s legitimate and relatively easy to join, too.
How to join the Xbox Insider Program
To join the Xbox Insider program, you can visit the Xbox website and sign up.
- From the home screen click ‘Join Now’ on the left-hand side of the webpage.
- Click ‘Install’ in the upper right-hand corner
- Follow the verification steps and select the device you’d like to sign up with
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Xbox Insider will begin downloading on your Xbox.
Signing Up Through Xbox
- First, boot up your Xbox One, and then go to My Games & Apps. If your console updates are set to update automatically, the Insider Hub icon should be there already. If not, follow the instructions below.
- Head over to the Updates tab, and select the Xbox Preview Dashboard option.
- You’ll then need to wait a while for the update to download. Once it’s done, the app and name icon should change to the Xbox Insider Hub.
- From there you’ll be able to access both the Insider Program and the Xbox Preview Program. The former has previews for games and apps, while the latter is mostly focused on system updates.
- If you don’t want to try out everything, you’ll be glad to know it’s possible to opt-in and out of multiple previews.
- And that’s it. You’re now able to sample the latest developments on the Xbox One. Enjoy!