How to Get a Refund for Minecraft
If you’ve purchased Minecraft but you’re don’t have time to play or simply don’t like it, your next logical step might be to request a refund. But since Minecraft comes in various versions and is available on multiple platforms, the refund policies can vary.
If you want to know how to get a refund for Minecraft, look no further. This article will discuss the conditions under which you can request a refund and explain the steps you need to follow.
How to Get a Refund for Minecraft Windows 10
If you want to request a refund for Minecraft Windows 10, you’ll need to do it through your Microsoft account.
Minecraft will accept refund requests only under certain circumstances:
- You have a valid reason for requesting a refund.
- It’s been less than 14 days since the purchase.
- You played the game for less than two hours.
- You didn’t purchase the game from an unauthorized seller.
If you match the criteria, follow these instructions to request a refund:
- Go to the Microsoft Account page and log in.
- Press “Payments & Billing.”
- Select “Order History.”
- Locate Minecraft and press “Request a Refund.”
- Select why you’re returning it.
- If necessary, describe your situation in more detail.
- Follow the instructions to complete the request.
How to Get a Refund on Minecraft Marketplace
If you’ve purchased the wrong item in the Minecraft Marketplace or want a refund for Minecraft Coins, the process depends on what device you were using when you made the purchase.
Since Minecraft Marketplace is available on Windows 10 and all devices that support the Pocket Edition, you’ll need to contact the corresponding store’s support to request a refund.
- If you’ve made a purchase on your Windows 10, reach out to Microsoft Support.
- For App Store purchases, contact Apple Store.
- For Google Play purchases, contact Google Play Store.
- If you used Apple TV, contact Apple TV Store.
- If you used Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire TV, reach out to Amazon Store.
How to Get a Refund on Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Since Minecraft Bedrock Edition is available across multiple platforms, whether or not you’re able to get a refund depends on the company’s policy.
Most companies require you to request a refund within the first 14 days of the purchase and only if you’ve played the game for less than two hours.
The Bedrock Edition is available on Windows, iOS, Android, and Fire OS. To check the return policies for each company, follow the links below:
- For Windows, click here and log in to your account.
- For iOS, click here.
- For Android, click here.
- For Fire OS, click here.
Some platforms may not have refund options, while some offer partial refunds within a specific time limit. That’s why it’s vital to react immediately after realizing you’ve made a mistake.
How to Get a Refund on Minecraft Dungeons
Requesting a refund on Minecraft Dungeons is done through the Minecraft Support page.
You’re eligible for a refund if:
- It’s been less than 15 days since you’ve purchased it.
- You’ve made the same purchase twice.
- Someone used your account to make the purchase without your authorization.
- You can’t play the game even after troubleshooting.
File a refund request by entering your personal information and explaining the situation. We recommend attaching photos that support your claims.
How to Get a Refund on Minecraft Xbox One
If you’ve purchased the Minecraft Xbox edition, you can request a refund through Xbox support. Keep in mind you’re only eligible if it’s been less than two weeks since the purchase and you’ve played the game for less than two hours.
Here’s how to request a refund:
- Visit the Xbox Support page.
- Sign in to your Microsoft Account.
- Find Minecraft under “Purchases that may qualify for a refund.”
- Press “Request refund.” The product’s name and order number will be filled in automatically.
- Explain why you’re requesting a refund in detail. You can also include photos that support your claims.
- Press “Submit.”
How to Get a Refund on Minecraft Pocket Edition
Minecraft Pocket Edition is the game’s mobile version. Although it doesn’t go by that name anymore, the game is still available for Androids, iOS, Windows phones, and Fire Tablets. The mobile app offers almost the same gaming experience as the PC and console versions.
When requesting a refund for Minecraft Pocket Edition, you’ll need to contact the company through which you’ve purchased the game. As with other games available for multiple platforms, refund policies depend on the company you’re using.
In most cases, you’ll be able to get a refund if you act fast and request it as soon as you realize you’ve made a mistake.
- iPhone or iPad users should follow this link to request a refund.
- Android users can request a refund by visiting this page.
- If you purchased Minecraft on your Fire Tablet, follow this link to get a refund.
Act Quickly When Requesting a Refund for Minecraft
Requesting a refund for Minecraft is possible, but whether you’ll get it depends on several factors. Your eligibility depends on how long it’s been since the purchase and whether you’ve already played the game for a specific period of time. In most cases, you’ll need to submit a refund request to the company through which you purchased Minecraft.
We hope you’ve found our article helpful and learned how to get a refund for Minecraft.
Have you ever made the wrong purchase of Minecraft? What did you do about it? Tell us in the comments section below.