How to Add Existing Account to Spotify Family
Have you been struggling with paying for separate Spotify accounts for each of your family members? If you have more than one teen in your household who’s a music fan, the expenses may seem especially too high.
You’re not alone. Many parents have been looking for a solution to multiple Spotify accounts, and luckily, the streaming music platform has one. You don’t need to give up on your Premium features to bring everyone under the same account if you opt for the Family Plan.
Here’s how you can gather your family in this Spotify Family package.
How to Add an Existing Account to the Family Plan
If you’re the one paying for the Family Plan, you can add other household members to it. They can’t join the plan unless you permit them, so follow the instructions below to add other accounts to the Premium Family Plan.
- Make sure that your Spotify subscription is up to date.
- Set an address for your account by visiting the official Spotify website and logging in to your profile. Others can’t join you unless you do so.
- Once you’ve set up the address, you can proceed to send invitations to other household members.
- When they receive your invitation, they should tap or click on the link they’ve got in the email. You may also send the link via text messages, Facebook Messenger, and other apps.
- When prompted, tap or click the “Accept Invite” button.
- Sign in to your Spotify profile if you haven’t already. You can also create an account now if you don’t have one.
- Select “Confirm Location” to confirm that you and the Family Plan subscriber live at the same address. You can also choose to enter the address manually if something’s not working.
- Once you’ve confirmed the address, select “Confirm” one more time. If you need to edit the address, you can do it now.
- If the address is correct, it’s the last step of the subscription. Now all members of the plan can enjoy listening to music and using the Premium Spotify features.
Note: If you’re setting up the account when not at “home” – the address the plan owner has entered for the account – don’t choose the “Confirm Location” option. It uses your device’s location and will not be able to confirm your account if you’re not physically at the listed location. If away from home, enter the address manually.
When you switch from a single Premium account to a Spotify Family account, you get to keep all your playlists, recommendations, and music.
How to Add Another Account to Spotify Family
After you tap or click the “Accept Invite” button in your invitation to Spotify, you’ll be prompted to log in to your account. But what do you do if you don’t have one?
No worries. The process of adding people to the Family Plan works the same for existing and new accounts, so simply create a Spotify account for yourself.
- Click or tap the “SIGN UP” button.
- Type in your email address and verify it.
- Create a new password (make sure it’s not easy to hack).
- Enter other account details – birthday, display name, and more.
- Click or tap the “SIGN UP/CONTINUE WITH FACEBOOK” option.
- If you’re already logged into your Facebook profile, you’ll be prompted to allow Spotify to access your details. If not, you’ll need to use your Facebook credentials to log in.
- Confirm that you’re giving Spotify access to your Facebook information.
Be aware that the same process is used for any Spotify account, whether it’s free or Premium. Even if you’re using a free account, it’ll automatically be upgraded to Premium and billed through the Family Plan subscription.
And another note: If you’re having trouble sending the link and adding your family members, do it via your web browser.
How to Revert Back to a Single Spotify Premium Account
If you no longer wish to use the Family Plan with your household members, you can easily switch back to the single Premium account.
- Open your browser and go to the official Spotify website.
- After you log in, navigate to the upper right corner and click on your profile image.
- Click on “Account” and scroll to find the “Your Plan” section.
- Select “Change Plan” and scroll to the bottom, where you’ll see the “Cancel Premium” button.
- After you confirm the cancellation, you’ll be able to pick a new plan and go back to being a single Premium user.
- Confirm your choice, and you’re done.
Does the Family Plan sound great to you? If you have more questions about it, you might find your answers in the section below.
How Much Does Spotify’s Family Plan Cost?
By opting for the Family Plan, you can save quite a bit of money and allow the whole family to enjoy their favorite music, together or individually.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eThe Spotify Family Plan comes with a one-month free trial. After that, you’re charged $14.99 per month. You can invite five more family members to join you in the Family Plan.
How to Add a Facebook Account to Spotify Family
As mentioned briefly above, you can connect your Facebook and Spotify accounts in just a few clicks.u003cbru003eIn case you’re already logged in to your Spotify account, you’ll want to log out. Then, when you’re invited to join the Family plan by one of your family members, select the “Continue with Facebook” option instead of logging in with your email address.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eAll you need to do is allow Spotify to access your Facebook info.
What Is Spotify’s Family Plan?
It’s a Spotify Premium Plan meant for a group of people living under the same roof. It supports up to six accounts, and they can all listen to different music and podcasts simultaneously. They can also listen to it together.u003cbru003eu003cbru003ePremium Family also includes Spotify Kids for youngsters, where they’ll only be exposed to age-appropriate music. Another feature of the Family Plan that parents will appreciate is that they have Parental Control options within this plan.u003cbru003eYou’ll be able to cancel the plan anytime.
No Need to Take Turns
Spotify Family is an excellent solution for families who want to listen to their favorite artists without dealing with ads or taking turns selecting music. Now, you can all listen to music together or play your favorite tunes separately.
What’s more, the plan is much more affordable than buying a Premium subscription for each family member individually.
Have you already signed up for the Family Plan? How many household members do you have currently using Spotify? Share your experience in the comments section below.