How To Fix Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code On Android Device
For Android users sometimes a message saying “Connection problem or invalid mmi code” shows up and can be a frustrating thing to deal with. When the invalid MMI code message is shown, it generally means that calls or text messages can’t be sent until this issue has been fixed.
But there are several ways to fix Android connection problem or invalid mmi code that will be explained below.
What Causes the MMI Error to Occur
There are several reasons why the “Connection problem or invalid mmi code” error message appears, the main reason can be because there is an issue with the carrier provider or problems with the SIM authentication on the smartphone.
Ways to Fix the MMI Error
The following are several different methods to fix the connection problem or invalid mmi code on an Android device.
Restart the Android Device
- Hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time until the phone turns off and starts vibrating, wait for it to restart.
- Alternatively, press and hold the Power Button until the Shutdown options menu appears, and then select Restart.
- If the Prefix code is (*2904*7#), then add a comma at the end, similar to this (*2904*7#,).
- You can use the + symbol after * similar to this (*+2904*7#).
Activating Radio and Turning on IMS over SMS
- Go to the Dial pad.
- Type in (*#*#4636#*#*) NOTE: No need to press the send button, it will automatically appear the Service mode.
- Enter Service mode.
- Select Device information or Phone information.
- Select Run Ping test.
- Click on the Turn Radio Off button and then the Galaxy will restart.
- Select reboot.
Check Network Settings
The steps to access your network settings will differ, but the concept is the same. follow along to check your network settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Now, select Network Connection.
- Followed by Mobile Networks.
- Then, Network Operators and select wireless provider during the search.
- You might have to connect again for another 3-4 attempts before it starts working again.
Dealing With MMI Errors
As you’ve seen, there are a few steps you can take to remedy the MMI error on your phone, some a little more involved than the others.
Did any of these suggestions fix your problem? Do you still have issues? Let us know in the comments below.