How To Login to Instagram Through Facebook
Updated Jan. 15, 2022, by Steve Larner
Since Facebook bought Instagram, the two networks have been slowly getting closer and offering more integration. If you’re a social media marketer, a small business owner, or just like sharing content across networks, linking Instagram and Facebook is a no-brainer. You can share content across both and make the most of the power of visual content. You can even log into Instagram through Facebook to save valuable seconds.
In some cases, people prefer keeping Instagram and Facebook separate and not sharing too much data between the two. When it comes to marketing, that changes. It’s all about efficiency and about getting the broadest reach with the least effort. Linking Instagram with Facebook helps achieve that. You can share across both platforms with a single click, so it makes sense to do it.
How to Link Instagram to Facebook
If you have a Facebook profile and an Instagram account, linking the two is easy. Then, you can share content seamlessly between the two networks without losing formatting or impact. Here’s how to do it.
- Open “Instagram” on your phone.
- Log in, select your profile, and then select the “Settings” menu.
- Choose “Account” then tap on “Sharing to Other Apps.”
- Select “Facebook” and log in with your Facebook account details if you’re not logged in on your phone. Give the app permissions when requested.
- You will then get asked to setup your Accounts Center. Choose your Facebook account or tap “Not you?” to change the account, then select “Continue.”
- Select where to share on Facebook. Tap “Continue” to finish Account Center set-up.
- Select “Start Sharing to Facebook.”
- Go back to the Accounts Center. Under the “Manage connected experiences” section, ensure that “Story & Post Sharing’ and “Logging in with accounts” are both enabled.
If you find this isn’t working out for you, all you need to do is go back to the Accounts Center menu on Instagram. Select Facebook and select Remove from Accounts Center.
How to Log into Instagram through Facebook
Logging into Instagram with your Facebook credentials is easy:
- For new accounts, skip to Step 4. For an existing Instagram account, open “Instagram” on your phone.
- Select “Log In With Facebook.”
- If you’re already logged into Facebook, you will automatically get logged in. If you’re not, add your Facebook login when prompted and select the blue Login button.
- For new Instagram accounts, select “Log In With Facebook.” Your account gets created and then links to your Facebook account.
- Your new Instagram account now has a random, precompiled username and password. To change it, log into Instagram using the “Log In With Facebook” option.
- Select your “Profile icon” at the bottom right and tap on “Edit Profile.”
- Select your “username” and change it to something more personal.
- Head back to your “profile screen,” tap on the “hamburger icon” (Menu) in the upper-right sectoin, then select “Settings.”
- Tap on “Account” then select “Personal Information.” Check the “Email Address” to ensure it is correct. Tap it to edit.
- Go back to the “settings menu” and choose “Security.”
- Select “Password” from the list to change it.
- You should see a notification that says something like ‘We sent an email to [ADDRESS] with a link to reset your password’. That email address will be the one you have in your account.
You can also edit your Instagram profile in a browser or change your Instagram password. The principle is the same, as is the result.
You can still log into Instagram through Facebook, but now, you have set up your account to be accessed independently too. You can change your profile image, add a bio, and modify your Instagram account as you like, and it will not affect that login.
How to Unlink Your Instagram Account
So, you’ve linked your Instagram account to Facebook, which means you can cross-post your content. But, what can you do when you no longer want to have the two connected?
Whether you’re deactivating your Facebook account or just want to separate the two services, it is possible to do so without losing all of your posts. All you need to do is follow the same steps as above, then follow these steps: o
- Launch “Facebook” and tap the “hamburger icon” (Menu) in the top-right section.
- Tap on the “gear icon” (Settings).
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Meta Accounts center.”
- Tap on “Accounts & profiles.”
- Tap on the corresponding profile group.
- Select your “Instagram profile.”
- Tap on “Remove from Accounts Center.”
- Tap “Continue” to finish the renmoval process, separating your Instagram account from your Facebook account.
Your Facebook profile will still hold your Instagram information until you remove that, and you’ll need to delete all of your Instagram posts from Facebook.
In closing, linking Instagram to Facebook saves time and makes social media marketing more efficient, but you need to use it with care. Ensure that you keep your personal and business accounts separate and only post relevant content for each account. While there is a lot of crossover between the Instagram and Facebook audiences, there are still plenty of times there aren’t. Knowing when you can cross-post and when it works is crucial for any effective marketer.
Overall, linking the two is a good thing and will not only save you time but also boost your marketing efforts, whether for business or personal use!
Facebook Login for Instagram FAQs
If I link my account and one gets hacked, will the other be compromised too?
Even after you link your two accounts, they still have a separate login (yes, you can log in using the Facebook option on Instagram, but they’re still independent. If your Instagram account is compromised or vise versa, it doesn’t necessarily mean that your Facebook account is also under threat. You should update your login information on Facebook and Instagram to ensure optimum security. However, just because someone gets into one account does not mean they have access to both.
Can I link multiple Instagram accounts to Facebook?
One of the neat things about both platforms is that you can have multiple accounts or pages under the same login. This feature means that you can easily toggle between your professional and personal profiles. You can link multiple Instagram accounts to the same Facebook page. All you need to do is follow the same steps above for each Instagram account.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
8 thoughts on “How To Login to Instagram Through Facebook”