How to Make an Online Poll for Your Friends
Online polls are a great tool to use when you need information from your peers. Whether you’re a creator looking for feedback from fans or just looking to settle a debate, an online poll is simple to make, but there are many options that you can choose some.
All social media sites have poll functions for posts. Each one is unique and follows different formats. Here’s a breakdown of how to make a poll for the most popular social media platforms.
How to Create a Poll on Facebook
Just about everyone has a Facebook page. It’s easy to reach a large audience quickly on Facebook, which makes it a good place to create polls. Creating a poll on Facebook is super easy and quick. However, you can only make polls in Facebook groups and on Pages. Here’s how to make one:
- In a Facebook group, go to the click on the “Write something” text box.
- At the bottom, there will be a section called “Add to your post.” In the bottom right of the screen, you can see all options by clicking on the “…” symbol
- Select “Poll” option
- A window will pop up with a set of tools to create your poll.
- First, write your question at the top
- You can have as many answer options as you’d like.
- Once you’ve filled everything in, you can tag anyone you wish, then click “Post.”
How to Create a Poll on Instagram
Instagram has quite a few tools in its repertoire besides photo editing. You can even create polls for your followers to answer. Instagram polls must be published on your Story. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to the Instagram app and tap “Add story.”
- You’ll need a picture or video for your story. Make sure to use something that is both eye-catching and personalized.
- At the top of the page, there are four icons. To make a poll, you’ll need to select the smiley face, which is located second from the left.
- In this menu, select “Poll”
- In the black text box, write the question you want answered.
- The default answers are “Yes” and “No” but you can change them to whatever answers you’d like.
- You can add more answers by tapping on the white text box that says “Add another option…”
- When you’re finished, tap “Done” in the top right corner.
You can periodically check the results by tapping on “Your story.” Instagram stories only last 24 hours, but you can save your posts if you want to.
How to Create a Poll on Twitter
Twitter is an easy and convenient way to get your thoughts out there. Making a poll is simple on Twitter and you can even set how long you want it to last. To make a poll on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Under the main textbox, click on the third icon between the smiley face and the “GIF” symbol.
- Just like Instagram and Facebook, you start with two answer options. If you want to add more answer options, click on the “+”. Note that you can add up to four options in total
- Set how long you want your poll to be up by filling in the boxes. You can set a Twitter poll for up to seven days.
- Next to the small globe icon, you can set who can see and answer your poll
- When everything’s done, click “Tweet.”
How to Create a Poll on TikTok
TikTok isn’t just for the latest trendy dances or political monologues. You can also make polls for your friends and followers. If you want to see what your followers are thinking, here’s how to make a poll:
- You’ll need to create a new post.
- After you’ve made all the edits and the video is to your liking, tap “Next.”
- Choose the sticker option. This is the smiley face on the screen.
- Near the top, you will the “Poll” sticker. Tap on it to continue
- Now, type your question. Here you will also add your answers.
- Tap “Done” in the top-right corner to save everything
- Once you’ve added captions and tags, tap “Post.
How to Create a Poll on LinkedIn
LinkedIn isn’t as popular as Instagram or TikTok, but millions of working professionals use LinkedIn to connect for business and employment opportunities. LinkedIn also offers polls for those looking to get feedback about their industry or who want opinions on their products. Creating a poll is straightforward, here’s how to do it:
- Next to your Profile Pic, there’s a text box next to it that says “Start a Post.” Click on it.
- A small window will appear. Find the bar graph icon on the bottom right. This is the option for polls.
- Start with your question, then add up to four answers.
- You can now the duration of your poll, up to two weeks.
- When you’re finished, click “Done.”
How to Create a Poll on Reddit
You can also create polls on Reddit, but there are a lot more rules for posting on Reddit than other social media. Before you post, you need to choose a subreddit to post in. Each subreddit has its own rules for posts. Some of them may not allow polls, so always double-check before you try to post a poll on Reddit.
Reddit polls have many more options than all of the other sites including up to six answer options as well as font choice and all of the other freedoms that Reddit posts allow. Here’s how to make a poll on Reddit:
- On the Reddit front page, in the top left, select “Create Post.”
- Choose which subreddit you want to post to.
- At the top of the post, there are a number of tabs. Select the “Poll” tab.
- Add the title and body of your post. Writing the question as the title is better, so everyone can know what the post is.
- Fill in up to six answer boxes. Reddit encourages polls with lots of options.
- Where it says “Voting length,” choose how long you’d like your poll to be up.
- Add any tags you want the poll to have.
- Select “Post.”
Polls are a great way to get answers to all of your burning questions. Each social media platform has their own way of doing them. When make a choice, make sure to weigh all of the pros and cons of each before you decide. Reddit is probably the most complete option, but TikTok’s and Instagram’s simplicity make it the most accessible.
Have you ever made an online poll? Did you use any of the methods outlined above? Let us know in the comments section below.