How to Pin a Post on Facebook
An engaging Facebook post gets your finest social media content noticed. However, Facebook is a fast-paced social media platform. The most eye-catching posts move down the timeline in no time. Your followers won’t see the content after a few hours unless they scroll down the page.
Make sure your post gets attention by pinning it to the first spot on your page. Keep reading to learn how to pin a post on Facebook and which devices you can use to do so.
How to Pin a Post on a Facebook Page on a PC
The steps to pin a post are straightforward. It is even easier if you know Facebook policies for pinning content. Only editors and admins can pin Facebook page posts at the top business, Group, and organization pages. Public figures can also pin posts on their Facebook pages.
Using a PC to pin a post is not a complicated process. The following steps help you quickly pin a post on a computer:
- Sign in to your Facebook account from your web browser.
- Click “Pages” (flag icon) in the left menu.
- Open the page containing the pinned post.
- Find the Facebook post to pin or create a new one.
- Click the “More” menu (3 dots at right top corner).
- Select “Pin to Top of Page.”
The content moves above the last post on the timeline. A stick pin icon appears next to the pinned post. One pinned post at a time is allowed on your page. Creating a new one unpins the previous pinned post.
You can remove a post from the top of the timeline when it is no longer needed. To unpin a Facebook post using a computer:
- Sign in to the Facebook account.
- Tap the “Pages” flag to open the page.
- Select the post you want to unpin.
- Tap “More” (3 dots) on the upper right side.
- Select “Unpin from Top of Page.”
How to Pin a Post on Facebook a Page on an iPhone
Facebook makes it easy to manage accounts from mobile devices. Page editors and administrators can pin a post using an iPhone device.
The steps are as follows:
- Download and open the Facebook mobile app for iPhones.
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Tap “Menu” (the 3 lines at the bottom right of the screen).
- Choose “Pages.”
- Click on the page that will display the pinned post.
- Select the post to pin.
- Tap the “More” menu (upper right).
- Select “Pin to Top.”
The post stays first in the timeline until you unpin it. Tap “More” and “Unpin Post.”
How to Pin a Post on a Facebook Page on an Android
You can also use an Android mobile device to pin Facebook posts when you’re on the go. Here’s how:
- Find the Facebook app in the Google Play Store on your device.
- Download and open the latest version of the app.
- Open the “Menu” (3 horizontal lines) on the top left of the screen.
- Tap “Pages.”
- Choose the page to pin your post.
- Select the post.
- Tap “More” in the top-right menu.
- Click “Pin Post.”
Your post will move to the first position of the timeline. A pin icon next to the post lets your followers know it is a pinned post. You can move the post to its original position as follows:
- Tap “More” (3 lines next to the post).
- Select “Unpin post.”
How to Pin a Post on Facebook Page on an iPad
Use can also use an iPad to pin a post on your timeline. Follow these steps to pin a post on a business, organization, or public Facebook page.
How to pin a Facebook post using an iPad:
- Download the Facebook mobile app for iOS.
- Launch the app.
- Tap “Menu” (3 lines) at the bottom right of your screen.
- Select “Pages.”
- Choose the page for the pin to post.
- Click on the post.
- Select “Pin to Top” from the menu on the right side of the post (3 dots).
You can unpin the post whenever you want. Tap “More” and “Unpin post.” It will go back to its original position on your timeline.
How to Pin a Post on a Facebook Group Page
Sometimes group members or leaders post messages about upcoming events or meetings. Group page managers can pin posts to first on the timeline as a reminder. Note: Pinned posts in Facebook groups are called “Announcements.”
Facebook Group leaders can pin posts on a PC, tablet, or mobile device. Follow the steps below to pin posts to Facebook groups that you manage.
To pin a Facebook Group post on a PC:
- Launch Facebook from your web browser.
- Tap “Group” on the left side of the screen.
- Select the group page to pin the post.
- Create or find a post to pin.
- Tap “More” (three dots) beside the post.
- Choose “Pin to Featured.”
Your post appears as the first announcement in the group page. Tap “More” and then “Remove Announcement.” Group managers can pin up to 50 announcements at one time. However, Facebook recommends posting one or two announcement posts to avoid confusion.
To pin a Facebook Group post on an iPhone:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Navigate to the group of the intended pinned post.
- Select or create the post to pin.
- Tap “More” then “Mark as Announcement.”
Some users tap “More” a second time to ensure the post stays first in the timeline. Select “More” and “Remove Announcement” when you no longer need it highlighted.
To pin a Facebook Group post on an Android:
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Tap “Groups” then “Your Groups.”
- Select the group page where you will place the pinned post.
- Go to “More” (the 3 dots) on the right side of the post.
- Choose the “Mark as Announcement” option.
Your post appears in the Announcements section (top of the group page). You can unpin it by tapping “More” and “Remove Announcement.”
To pin a Facebook Group post on an iPad:
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Choose the group page where you want to pin a post.
- Select the post to pin or create and publish a new post.
- Tap “More.”
- Select “Mark as Announcement.”
Stick a Pin in It
Some of your followers don’t log in to Facebook every day. You may therefore need to leave content or messages visible on your page for a while. Pinning your post gives it time to gain traction. Viewers can share, like, or comment on the post for as long as you want them to.
Give your viewers enough time to engage with your social media content. Stick a pin in your most impressive or informative posts to grab as much attention as possible.
Are you a Facebook editor or administrator? Let us know if pinning your posts increases viewer interaction. Leave your comments in the box below.