How To Remove a Zoom Profile Picture
Zoom is an excellent tool for chatting with friends and family. But perhaps you now have to use this application for work, and the profile picture you have is no longer appropriate. Or maybe Zoom has assigned you a profile picture from your Google account that you don’t quite like. The best way around this is by removing your image altogether.
If you’re looking for instructions on how to remove your Zoom profile picture, you’re in the right place. In this article, we show you step-by-step how to do this on various devices.
How to Remove a Zoom Profile Picture on an iPad
If you use Zoom on your iPad, you will most likely make use of the Zoom app. Unfortunately, the Zoom app has no way of allowing you to delete your profile picture on the app interface. Instead, you will need to log in to the Zoom website and remove your profile picture there. This is how to go about it:
- Open the internet browser on your iPad and navigate to https://zoom.us/
- Sign in to your Zoom account. Once you have signed in, scroll down to the very bottom of the home screen.
- Here, you will find various menus. Under the menu listed as “Support,” you will find an option labeled “Account.” Tap it.
- On the “Account Profile” page, you will see a bar with “Account Profile” and a downwards facing arrow. Tap this arrow to expand the menu.
- Select “Profile” from the menu.
- On the new page that opens, you will see a thumbnail of your profile picture. Beneath it, there are two options. Press the one that says “Delete.”
Your profile picture is now deleted. If you sign out of the Zoom web page and log in to your Zoom app on your iPad, you will see no profile picture displayed.
How to Remove a Zoom Profile Picture on an iPhone
Using Zoom on your iPhone is much the same as using it on your iPad. iOS devices use the Zoom app downloaded from the App Store. As mentioned previously, the Zoom app does not provide the option of removing your profile picture. But, there is a way around this:
- Open the web browser on your iPhone and navigate to https://zoom.us/. Once on the page, sign in to your Zoom account.
- Swipe to the very bottom of the home screen and look for a menu labeled “Support.” Under this menu is the option for “Account,” press on it.
- You will see an “Account Profile” bar with a drop-down arrow on the page that opens. Tap the arrow.
- From the menu that drops down, choose “Profile.”
- Beneath the thumbnail of your profile image that displays is the option to “Delete.” Tap it.
Your profile image will now display as blank. If you log out of Zoom on your browser and open the Zoom app on your phone, you will see the image is deleted there too.
How to Remove a Zoom Profile Picture on an Android Phone
Much like an iOS device, an Android device uses the Zoom app, downloaded from the Google Play Store. As with the iOS version, the Android Zoom app does not allow you to remove your profile picture. You can change it but not delete it. Luckily, there is still a way to remove the image. This is how to do it:
- Launch the web browser on your phone and navigate to https://zoom.us/. Log in to your Zoom account.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the home screen and look for a menu called “Support.” Tap the “Account” option listed under this menu.
- On the page that opens, find the “Account Profile” bar and tap the downwards facing arrow next to it. From the menu that appears, choose “Profile.”
- Select the “Delete” option provided beneath the thumbnail of your current profile picture.
Your profile image is now deleted from your account. The online version of Zoom and your Zoom app will now display a blank placeholder in place of a profile image.
How to Remove a Zoom Profile Picture on a PC
Removing a profile picture on Zoom from your PC is a little more straightforward. Here is how to do it:
- Launch the web browser and head to https://zoom.us/. Log in to your Zoom account.
- On the home screen that opens, scroll to the very bottom of the page. Here you will see various menus on a darkened banner. Under the “Support” menu, you will find “Account.” Click on it.
- The “Account Profile” page will open. At the top-left of the page will be a menu of options. Click on “Profile.”
- On the “Profile” page, you will see a thumbnail of your profile picture. Beneath the image, you have two options. Click on the one labeled “Delete.”
- A confirmation pop-up will ask if you want to delete your profile picture. Confirm your choice by clicking “Yes.”
Your profile picture will now display as a blank image.
Why Is a Profile Picture Still Showing Even Though I Deleted It?
If you log in to Zoom using your Google Account, you may encounter this problem. This is because zoom automatically assigns one of your saved images from your Google Account as a profile image. There are a few ways around this.
Your Google Account profile picture is linked to Zoom too. Making your Google profile picture blank will then make your Zoom profile image empty too. This may cause Zoom to select another photo from your Google account. In this case, you could delete all your pictures from your Google Account.
While these two options works, not everyone wants to delete their Google Account images and profile pictures. We suggest using the third option, which involves saving a blank image as the profile photo on your Zoom account. This is how to go about it:
1. Find a generic profile image on Google. It could even be a plain white JPEG. Save it to your device.
2. Next, in your web browser, head to zoom.us/profile and sign in to your Zoom account. Your profile page will then open.
3. Beneath your existing profile picture, choose the option to “Change.”
4. Select your saved generic profile image from your device storage.
5. When the image has uploaded, select “Save.”
Your Zoom profile picture will now be set as a generic image until you choose to change it again. This method works for all devices. It is important to keep in mind that Zoom only allows you to upload images smaller than 2Mb, and they must be in JPEG, PNG, or GIF format.
Profile Picture Removed
Removing your profile picture on Zoom is relatively straightforward once you know the steps to follow. The simple instructions provided in this guide will enable you to remove your image without hassle. Now you can set about chatting to colleagues or clients without having an unprofessional profile image in the way.
Have you removed your Zoom profile picture on any of these devices before? Did you use a method similar to those in this guide or did you do it a different way? Let us know in the comments section below.