How to See Stories on Snapchat Without Following or Adding Someone
There’s no denying that Snapchat is a fantastic way to share your silliest moments with your friends. But since its inception in 2011, Snapchat has also attracted big companies, personalities, and trends to its groundbreaking platform. Nowadays, there’s way more to the app than just seeing what hijinks your buddies are up to currently. You can catch breaking news, appreciate unique works of art, and get great laughs.
Viewing Snapchat stories is a fun and addictive activity. You could spend countless hours browsing through different ones until you realize you have glued yourself to your smartphone for too long. Snapchat lets you view other users’ stories even if you don’t follow them or have them as your Snapchat friends. The stories need to be set to public for you to see them.
Finding all the public stories that might grab your attention is relatively easy. You can try a few methods to start indulging in hours upon hours of Snapchat stories.
Let’s take a quick look at how you can see Snapchat stories without following or adding someone.
If you want to see stories from users that you don’t follow, Snapchat makes it extremely easy to do so via the “Snapchat Discover” feature.
This feature lets you discover all Snapchat stories set to “Public.” You need to take a few steps to access the videos, but once you are there, you will undoubtedly find at least a few new people to follow or add to your account.
Here’s how to access the Snapchat Discover feature:
- Launch the Snapchat App, then swipe left on the home screen to access the Discover window.
- Swipe up until you find the story you want to view from those created by celebrities, news agencies, websites, YouTubers, and others.
- You can tap on any Story in Snapchat Discover to view it.
- On the video, tap the “vertical ellipsis” in the top-right section to get options, including “Subscribe” and “Send Snap.” Not all videos include this option.
- On the same video, slide the screen up to share the snap video via Meta, Messenger, Twitter, Messages, Instagram, and other methods. In addition, you can copy the link, use the “Quick Add” feature, send it to various groups, etc.
- On the same video once more, you can tap on the profile name and icon in the top-left section to view options such as “View More Episodes,” “Subscribe,” Recommended,” and “Send Episode to…”
- To scan through the stories in Snapchat Discover, you can slide the screen left to go backward and right to move forward, or you can slide down on the screen to go back to the Discover page.
Now, you know how to view stories from profiles not on your friend list and can easily share or send the snaps, subscribe, and enjoy them without being their friend. Of course, the profile must have its settings set to public, or you won’t see them on the Discover page.
How to See Stories That Are Not Public
If a user’s story is not public or part of Snapchat Live, there is no way to view it. This setting protects the privacy of those who would rather not share their stories with anyone.
Some apps might let you see a story set to private of someone who is not your friend. However, most apps come from unreliable sources and involve fishy websites, login options, or downloads, so we can’t recommend this option. It is thus best to steer clear of these hacks to avoid a potential ban on your Snapchat account.
Anyway, adding a person as your Snapchat friend is much easier than trying to hack into their account.
Can I see private stories without adding someone?
No. Unless a friend screen records the story and sends it to you, or you become a follower, you can’t see a private story.
Can I fake a live Snap?
Yes, you can fake a live snap on Snapchat.
Stories are the bread and butter of Snapchat. Stories allow you to share pictures and videos with your friends and followers. They are also a great way to better understand a user you like or get the latest news about a significant event from the people attending it.
Follow the tips in this article to see stories posted by other people not on your Snapchat friends list. Also, don’t hesitate to post a public story or two of your own because you never know who might like it and befriend you.