How to Send a Snapchat Voice Message
You’re having an interesting conversion over Snapchat, but you don’t feel like typing out an enormous paragraph to say everything you need to say. Luckily, like many other apps that feature a chat, Snapchat allows you to send voice messages.
But how do you record a voice message on Snapchat? In this article, you’ll find the steps to recording a voice message on Snapchat on different devices successfully.
How to Send a Snapchat Voice Message on an iPhone
Snapchat is a social media camera application for both iOS and Android that comes with a multitude of entertaining and innovative features. Snap is most recognized for its picture and video tools, such as live video streaming, Bitmoji avatars, photo filters, and effects, but its messaging tool is also popular among users.
The chat features are not only popular but also very specific to Snapchat. The messages disappear after opening, and users will be notified if you take a screenshot or save a snap. Among all these features, Snapchat also allows you to send voice messages to your contacts.
Even though the voice message feature is not as obvious as in other social apps, it doesn’t mean that it’s complex to send one. The steps to send a voice message on Snapchat using an iPhone are:
- Swipe your finger from the left to the right side of the screen right after opening the Snapchat app.
- Choose the person to whom you wish to send your voice message.
- In the “Send a chat” bar, tap and hold the microphone icon.
- Begin your voice message while keeping your finger on the screen. As you talk, yellow lines will appear on your screen.
- Remove your finger off the microphone symbol once you’ve completed the recording. The voice message will be sent immediately, and the yellow lines will turn green.
If you decide not to send the voice message while recording it, swipe your finger to the left to delete it.
How to Send a Snapchat Voice Message on an Android Device
Considering that the majority of the worldwide population chooses Android devices over iOS devices, it’s safe to assume that most people access Snapchat through an Android device. The apps for Android and iOS have the same features, including voice messaging.
The steps to do so are pretty similar to recording a voice message over iPhone. However, keep in mind that they might slightly vary depending on the Android device you’re using, but the main idea stays the same.
- After you launch the Snapchat app, swipe your finger from the left to the right side of the screen.
- Select who you want to send your voice message to.
- Tap and hold the microphone icon in the “Send a chat” box.
- Start speaking while keeping your finger on the screen. Yellow lines will show on your screen while you speak.
- When you’ve finished recording, take your finger off the microphone icon. The audio message will be delivered right away, and the yellow lines will change color to green.
You can also swipe your finger to the left to remove the audio message if you decide not to send it while recording it.
How to Send a Snapchat Voice Message on a PC
Although Snapchat is designed for mobile devices, many users have discovered how to access it on a computer. However, Snapchat appears to be making it more difficult for users to access their accounts from devices that aren’t compatible with the app.
The one and the only way to use Snapchat on a computer is to download an Android emulator. An Android emulator is software that simulates the Android platform, allowing you to download and use mobile apps from the Google Play Store.
Bluestacks is a well-known and perhaps the best-optimized Android emulator that works as an actual Android phone. So, using the Bluestacks emulator, here’s how you can download and install the official Snapchat app for Windows.
- Install the Bluestacks emulator on your PC by downloading the “.exe” file.
- Sign in to Bluestacks with your Google account once it’s been installed.
- Next, go to the Play Store and type in “Snapchat.”
- Install the app and start using Snapchat.
You have to log into Snapchat and use the voice messaging feature similarly to using it on a phone. However, you need to enable the app to use your microphone, and of course, you need to have a microphone connected to your PC. Afterward, follow these steps:
- Launch the app and open the chat window.
- Decide who you’d like to receive your voice message.
- In the “Send a chat” box, click and hold the microphone icon.
- While still pressing the microphone icon, begin to speak. While you talk, yellow lines will appear on your screen.
- Lift your finger from your left-click once you’ve completed the recording. The audio message will be sent immediately, and the yellow lines will turn green.
Even though recording a voice message on Snapchat might be slightly different from other messaging steps, it’s still pretty straightforward. When it comes to doing so on PC, you’ll have to put in some extra effort, but it’s still achievable. Keep in mind that once the person receiving the snap opens the chat with the voice message and exits it, they can’t access the voice message again. This can be changed by adjusting the time it takes for a message to disappear in the chat’s settings.
How often do you use Snapchat for messaging? What do you think about the messaging features Snapchat offers? Let us know in the comment section below!