How to Add Location Information or Filters to a Snapchat Post
For those who love to have endless options for stickers and filters, Snapchat is probably the best social media platform available. It’s incredibly interactive, and everything about it promotes creativity and reaching out to friends, and it’s engaging.
One of the ways it helps you connect to others is by allowing you to add a location and use a specific geofilter. It’s a fast and efficient way to let your friends know where you are or where you’ve been.
However, if you’re not a savvy Snapchat user yet, figuring out where the location sticker is might be confusing. No worries, we’ll guide you through the process and show you a few other tips along the way.
How to Add a Location to a Snapchat Post in the iPhone App
While some social media platforms, such as Instagram and TikTok, allow user access via web browser, Snapchat is entirely mobile-based.
If you’re an iPhone user, make sure always to have the latest version of the iOS app installed to get the whole Snapchat experience. That’s always the number one step before taking any action.
Once you have updated your Snapchat, follow these steps to add a location to a post:
- Open the Snapchat app on the iPhone and take a photo or a video.
- Tap on the sticker button on the right side of the screen. It’s a third button from the top of the screen.
- When the sticker drawer appears, tap on the “Location” button.
- A list of available locations will appear, and you can select one. If none of the location stickers are accurate, you can use the search bar to find a specific location.
- The location sticker will appear on your Snapchat photo or video. You can move it around the screen and change its appearance by tapping on the sticker.
When you add the location sticker to your post, you can either post the snap as a story or send it to an individual friend. Both options are available at the bottom of the screen.
Be aware that Snapchat is always adding more locations and tweaking this feature, which has some limitations in scope.
How to Add a Location to a Snapchat Post in the Android App
A Snapchat location sticker is super helpful when you’re traveling or when you witness something exciting and want to let everyone know where it is.
It’s also a convenient way to tell people about a great restaurant or a beach spot. So, if you want to add location on your Snapchat post and you’re an Android user, here’s how it works:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android device.
- On the right side of the screen, tap on the sticker button.
- Once the sticker drawer appears, choose the “Location” button from the top of the screen.
- From the list of available locations, choose the one that describes your whereabouts most accurately. Alternatively, find a different location by entering it in the search bar.
- You’ll see the location sticker on your Snapchat post instantly. You can move it wherever you want on the screen and change its appearance.
If the Snapchat post shows the chosen location, click on the “Story” or “Send to” option at the bottom of the screen.
Note: To make sure you always have the most accurate locations in Snapchat, make sure to use the latest version of the app.
How to Add a Location Filter to a Snapchat Post in the iPhone App
A location filter or geofilter in Snapchat is a more interactive and creative way to add a location to Snapchat. Essentially, once you take a picture or video, you can search for available location filters and add them to your post.
Snapchat is well-known for the variety of filters it offers, so it’s unsurprising the geofilters are huge on the app. Before you send a snap to your friend or post a story, you can choose the overlay design that describes your location.
Keep in mind that some places will have more filter options than others. For example, you may find many location filters in certain tourist spots in New York, but barely any in a lesser-known place. So, if you want to add a location filter using your iPhone, here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Snapchat app and create a photo or video.
- Start swiping left or right across the screen and see the filters change.
- When you encounter a location filter you like, stop swiping.
- Continue to customize your Snapchat post.
Once you have the location filter you like and are ready to share it, post the snap to your story or send it directly to a friend.
How to Add a Location Filter to a Snapchat Post in the Android App
The Snapchat app on Android works precisely the same way as it does on iPhone. So. If you have an Android device and want to add a location filter to your snap, follow these steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android phone.
- Take a picture or video.
- Start swiping either left or right across the screen.
- When you find the location filter that speaks to you, stop swiping.
From there, continue adding stickers or customize the app in other ways. Finally, send the snap to your friends or share it on your Snapchat story.
Keep in mind that some geofilters will offer specific locations such as stores, restaurants, and other businesses. That’s because many companies have taken advantage of this feature on Snapchat and have created fun and customized location filters for their customers.
How to Add a Location to a Snapchat Streak
One of the most popular features of Snapchat is the streaks. It lets two friends send snaps to each other consecutively every day, and they can watch their snap streak grow.
The only way the streak works is if both friends participate equally and no more than 24 hours pass from the time of the last sent snap. For many avid Snapchat users, the streaks are very important, and they try to create record streaks.
Adding a location on a Snapchat stream is only possible if you add a location on each post. All you need to do is tap on the conversation streak you have with a friend and do the following:
- Create a snap you want to send to them directly.
- Tap on the sticker button on the left side of the screen.
- Then, tap on “Location” and choose one of the available options or search for the location you want.
The location sticker will appear immediately on the snap, and you can send it to your friend. When they receive the snap, they can tap on the location sticker and learn a little about that specific location. It can be the area, address, and even info on the place of business such as phone number and website.
Mastering the Art of Snapchat Locations
Snapchat encourages users to share their locations with those they trust to make the communication even more entertaining. Sometimes adding a location to a direct snap to a friend is a quick way of letting them know you arrived home safely. Other times it’s about letting everyone know you’re visiting a cool place by posting the location on your story.
The Snapchat location feature is excellent, but not without its flaws. There will be times when you’ll have to search for the location manually rather than relying on its precision. Still, the location stickers and filters are tremendously valuable and entertaining.
How would you use the location feature on Snapchat? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
One thought on “How to Add Location Information or Filters to a Snapchat Post”
Comments are closed.