How to Delete Friends in Snapchat
If you use Snapchat a lot, you may’ve received invasive snaps from people you don’t like. If that’s the case, you’ll need either remove or block them from your friend’s list. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to delete friends on Snapchat.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know.
Removing Friends From Snapchat
There are two main ways to remove unwanted profiles from your friend’s list. One is to go to your friend’s list directly. The other involves removing friends from delivered snaps. It’s important to mention that Snapchat won’t allow you to delete multiple friends at once. If more than one person is bugging you, this can be time-consuming.
Here’s how to remove a friend from Snapchat using the phone app:
- Log into your Snapchat and select your profile image. You’ll find this in the upper left part of your screen.
- Select the “My Friends” option.
- From the friend list, tap and hold down the profile you want to remove from the list.
- Navigate to “Manage Friendship”
- Select “Remove Friend,” and finally confirm the action by selecting “Remove.”
Once the action is complete, you won’t notice the person in your friend’s list anymore.
Alternatively, you can also remove friends from Snapchat this way:
- Select the chat bubble option in the lower toolbar after entering Snapchat.
- With your chat list open, find the profile you’d like to remove from your recent conversations.
- Hold down the profile, and select the three dots option.
- Select “Manage Friendship”
- Select “Remove Friend” and then confirm by selecting “Remove.”
Your Snapchat app will support either method for getting rid of friends, so it’s all about what’s easier for you. Before moving on, be advised that removing a friend doesn’t mean you won’t receive snaps from them. It just means they won’t be able to view your stories. However, you can still take other steps to ensure your privacy.
Setting Your Profile to Private on Snapchat
Removing or “deleting” somebody from your friend list will only stop them from sending you snaps if you use the privacy option within your Snapchat. Here’s how to do so:
- Select the ”Settings” located on your profile.
- From here, you can select the “Privacy Control” option.
- Select the “Contact me” option.
- Toggle the option from “Everyone” to “My Friends” and then select “Back.”
Snapchat takes privacy seriously. Amongst the privacy setting options, you can also choose who can view your story, see your location, and send you any type of notification. If there are other privacy settings you’d like to address, you can adjust them through the first two steps outlined above.
Blocking Someone on Snapchat
Browsing the settings and adjusting privacy parameters can be inconvenient. If you want a clean and simple way to make someone invisible on your Snapchat, the easiest method would be to block them.
When you block someone, your profile will completely disappear from their interface, as will theirs from yours. You’ll have no way of contacting each other through the platform.
Here’s how to block a person on the Snapchat app:
- Select the search option in the top left corner of your Snapchat interface.
- Type in the username of the person you want to block. When their profile appears, enter it.
- Select their profile image. This will open a chat with the profile in question. Select the three-dots menu in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Block” and then confirm the action.
The person won’t receive a notification from the platform that you’ve blocked them. However, they may notice that you’ve disappeared from their interactions.
How to Unblock Somebody on Snapchat
Sometimes, you can accidentally block the wrong person or maybe even have a change of heart. Fortunately, whenever you block somebody, that doesn’t mean their profile is gone forever.
Here’s what to do if you want to unblock somebody on Snapchat:
- Select your profile image after entering the app.
- Select the “Settings” option with a cog and then “Blocked.”
- Find the person you want to unblock from the Menu and select “Yes” to unblock.
Once you unblock the user, they can see your profile information and contact you based on your privacy settings. However, an unblocked account won’t automatically go back to showing up in your friend list. To do that, you’ll have to add them manually.
Adding Someone as a Friend on Snapchat
Let’s say you want somebody to be friends with you after you unblock them. You’ll have to go to their profile to do so. Sending them a friend request is a great way to show that there aren’t any hard feelings after the accidental blocking ordeal.
Here’s how to send a friend request on Snapchat:
- Select the magnifying glass search icon at the top of your interface.
- Type out the username of the person you want to send a friend request to in the search bar.
- Next, select the plus icon to send them a friend request.
Once you do that, you must wait for the other user to confirm your friend request, and you can start snapping again.
Can I get rid of stories on Snapchat without blocking a person?
Yes, you can get rid of stories you don’t like by “hiding” them. You don’t need to block them necessarily.
Will unfriending a person on Snapchat remove them from my friends list?
Yes, the person you unfriended will be erased from your chat list. However, they’ll still be able to see their conversation with you in their chat list and contact you.
Clearing Out Your Friends List
Deleting friends from Snapchat is easy. You can do so through your profile settings or by finding them in your recent conversations. If you want to go further, you can adjust your privacy settings or block them. Fortunately, Snapchat has widely customizable privacy parameters you can change, so it doesn’t have to come to that.
Did you find it easy to remove a friend from your Snapchat profile? What about finding the privacy specifications you needed? Let us know in the comments section below.