How to Add Someone to Family Plan in Spotify
If you want to listen to your favorite songs on Spotify in different ways, then choose the Spotify Family Plan. Once you subscribe to this service, you can invite five members from one household to use one affordable account.
If you’ve subscribed but can’t add a relative to your account, you’ve come to the right place. This article explains everything you need to know about adding someone to Spotify Family Plan.
How to Set Up a Spotify Family Plan
The Spotify Family Plan enables one household to share the cost of running one account. It’s the cheapest option for those who want to pay less and enjoy more songs. The Spotify Family Plan has easy-to-understand features, including offline playback and personalized playlists.
If you’re new to the platform, here’s how you set up a new Spotify Family Plan:
- Ask everyone you plan to add to your subscription plan to create an account.
- Move to the “Premium for Family” page and opt-in.
- Choose yourself as the Family Plan account’s “owner.” This will let you add new users and manage existing users.
- Spotify will generate a URL link you can send to everyone you plan to add to your subscription plan.
- When all people click the URL link you’ve sent, they will become members of a joint account. So, change profile settings like language preferences, notifications, and usage limits for the children in the plan.
- Now your Spotify Family Plan is ready for new members.
How to Add New Members to a Spotify Family Plan
If you’re a music fan on Spotify Family Plan, you can invite new members to use your account. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch your Spotify app on your device.
- Press the “Premium for Family” tab on the left pane.
- Once the “Premium for Family” window opens, you’ll see “Active” and “Waiting for one person” slots.
- Click on an available slot to activate two ways of adding a new family member.
- Under the “Invite Family” window, you’ll notice “Invite with link” or “Invite with email.” Choose the option you want.
- Beneath the “Invite with this link” button, copy a specific link, and share it as you wish. You can also save it just in case someone misses their invitation.
- After sharing a link or inviting family members via email, Spotify will show “Waiting for one person” status. Beneath it, you’ll notice “Link sent.”
Note: Everyone who joins your Spotify Family Plan should share their home address. Also, only one group member can manage the subscription plan to allow others access to the premium features.
How Spotify Confirms Addresses for Newly-added Users
Soon after receiving an invitation, do the following to verify your address on Spotify:
- Click “Accept Invite” from your email address.
- Once on the Spotify website, use your login details to open your account. If you’re new, follow the prompts to create a new account.
- Enter your family address and hit “Find Address.”
- Review and confirm the address.
- If your address and the Family Plan owner’s address are similar, Spotify will verify you at once.
- Spotify will also assess your IP address and cookies to verify your account.
Note: If Spotify rejects your address, you must reactivate it within a week. Failure to do so will result in the ban of your account for one year. As you re-verify the account, enter the same address the Family Plan owner uses.
How to Remove a Member from Spotify Family Plan Account
If you change your mind shortly after inviting someone new, you can remove them from your premium account. It’s the same if you wish to remove an existing member. There are two methods for removing users.
If you notice the “Waiting for one person” slot, here’s what you need to do:
- Choose “Waiting for one person” to view the first URL link you sent the member you want to remove.
- Click “Replace this Person” to create a new URL link.
- Copy and save this link for future retrieval.
- Click “OK” to replace the original link with the one you’ve made.
Note: You can’t remove a user from your premium Family Plan account without generating a new link. After creating a new link, you’ll continue viewing the “Waiting for one person” slot. However, the link slot will be the new one.
Perhaps the person you wish to remove is an “Active” member. You can only remove this person by generating a new link from their current slot. Here’s how it’s done:
- Choose an “Active” slot.
- Hit “Replace this person.”
- Then, send an email to remove the active user.
Note:An alternative way is to click “Invite with link” to generate a new link. Then, click the green “OK” icon to remove an existing user. When you generate a new link, the app will now show the “Waiting for one person” status.
How to Manage Existing Users on a Spotify Family Plan
Managing your existing members on Spotify Family Plan is vital as they may do inappropriate things. For instance, some users can stream music constantly and deplete data bundles. Additionally, kids can add unsuitable music that you don’t want them to hear. Fortunately, managing your Spotify Family Plan is easy:
- Log in to your Spotify app and head straight to “Account.”
- Scroll to the bottom until you locate “Family Members.”
- Click “Invite Member” to add new members.
- Click “Replace this person” and send an email or a link to remove a member.
- After adding or removing members, alter profile settings. Open each member’s account settings to alter their permissions.
How Members Should Tackle Cancellations or Changes
If you wish to cancel your subscription or leave the group, you should focus on these tips:
- As the Spotify Family Plan is for sharing, you must talk to other members before canceling your subscription.
- Leaving the group affects the remaining members because they’ll share the cost.
- If you leave a group, you can’t return unless someone invites you again.
- If you’re chosen as a group manager, you must have access to all members’ accounts. It will let you update payment details per account and buy subscriptions on behalf of all members.
- All members of the Spotify Family Group should collaborate and cooperate when there are changes to make.
Advantages of Using Spotify Family Plan
The Spotify Family Plan is great for families who love music.
Each Family Plan service consists of six accounts. This includes the account owner and five invited persons. Each member should pay $2.665 per month to meet an overall price of $15.99.
Choose Any Tune
If you choose the shared Family Plan account, you can play any track you want. However, free Spotify members don’t have an unlimited choice.
No Annoying Ads
When listening to Spotify music as a group member, nothing will interrupt you. Spotify doesn’t show ads to all premium users when they’re listening to music.
Skip Songs Repeatedly
As a free user, you can skip only six songs every hour. On the other hand, a premium user of a shared Family Plan account can skip as many songs as they want.
Use Spotify Kids
The Spotify Kids feature is only available in the Family Plan. It features child-friendly content that you can control throughout the day.
How can you cancel your Family Plan subscription?
If you want to stop paying for the Family Plan service, visit the Subscription and Payment page first. Then, choose “cancel your subscription” to stop using your account.
Can I download music when using the Family Plan service?
Existing and new members of the Family Plan option can download a maximum of 10,000 songs. They can then listen to these songs on their devices.
Attempt Adding a New Member
If you all share a passion for music, your family can benefit from a Family Plan account. Better still, you can add five more people and reduce the monthly cost. Adding new family members is an easy step-by-step process. Once new members accept their invitations and verify their addresses, they’ll be able to access all features of this subscription plan.
Have you ever added new members to your Spotify Family Plan? If so, did you use any of the tips and tricks featured in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.