How to Change your Email in Spotify
One way to update your Spotify account is to change your current email address. You might want to do so if you’ve changed your email service provider due to privacy issues. Alternatively, you might want to make a change because your old email was an easy target for hackers. Fortunately, updating your Spotify email address without losing your data is relatively straightforward.
This article explains everything you need to know.
How to Change Your Spotify Email on a Computer
If you plan to change your old Spotify email address on your Mac or Windows PC, here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Spotify on your PC and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the “Profile icon” near the upper right corner.
- Under “Account overview,” choose “EDIT PROFILE.”
- Type your new email address under “Email” and hit “SAVE PROFILE.”
- Open your new email address and check if you’ve a Spotify email message.
- Click the confirmation link within this email to verify your account.
Changing Your Spotify Email on Mobile Devices
If you enjoy Spotify on your smartphone, the instructions are equally straightforward. Here’s how to alter Spotify email on Android and iPhone.
- Launch Spotify app on your Android phone and sign in to your account.
- Touch the “Settings” gear icon on the top right area.
- Tap “View Account” to trigger the “Account Overview” drop-down list.
- Choose “Edit Profile” from this list.
- Under “Email,” enter your new email address.
- Tap “Save Profile” to confirm these changes.
- Open your new email address and check if you’ve received an email from Spotify. Open the message and touch the “confirmation link” to verify your new email address.
You can alter your Spotify email with ease on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Spotify app on your iPhone and sign in to your account.
- Touch “Home” at the bottom of your display.
- Tap the gear icon to view the “Settings” menu.
- Scroll down the menu and choose “Account.”
- Select the “Change Email Address” option.
- Enter your new email account and click “Send Verification Email.”
- Log in to your new email account and look for a “Verification email” in your Inbox or Spam folder.
- Open the email and tap the “Verification link.”
- Continue using your new Spotify email address.
Altering Your Spotify Email via Facebook
Logging into online accounts like Spotify with your Facebook or another social media account is the norm these days. If you often sign into Spotify with Facebook, you can use it to alter your email address.
- Launch the Facebook app on your computer.
- Sign in to your Facebook account and navigate to “Settings and Privacy.”
- Click “Settings” and select “Apps and Websites” from the menu on the left side.
- Find “Spotify” from a collection of integrated apps.
- Hit “View and Edit” and select “Remove.” This should disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook.
- Launch Spotify and sign into your account.
- Click your “Profile icon” to see the “Account Overview.”
- Select “Edit Profile” from the menu and enter your new email address beneath the “Email” option.
- Choose “Save Profile.”
- Open a “confirmation email” in your inbox and click the link to verify your new email account.
Note: If you want to continue opening Spotify with Facebook, you can choose that option when logging in.
Altering Your Spotify Email Address Without a Password
It might be the case that you’ve forgotten your Spotify password, and you plan to change your current email. Logging in to Spotify without a password is a challenge, but not impossible. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open Spotify on your computer and click “Log In.”
- Hit “Forgot your password?”
- On the “Password Reset” window, follow the prompt to enter either your “Username” or “email address.”
- Spotify will send you a password reset email message. Follow easy instructions to reset your password.
- Log into Spotify with your new password and head to the “Profile icon” in the top-right of the screen.
- Beneath the “Account Overview” option, select “Edit Profile.”
- Enter your new email and hit “Save Profile.”
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email. Click the link within it to verify your new account.
Altering Your Spotify Email for Artists
If you’re an artist on Spotify and you’d like to change your old email address, here’s what you need to do:
- Sign in to this page.
- Navigate to your avatar in the upper right corner and click it.
- Choose “User Settings” and click “Notifications.”
- Add a new business email and hit “Save.”
Changing Email and Password After a Hack on Spotify
If your current username and password are easy to guess, hackers can enter your Spotify account and make changes. These changes might not be obvious unless you can’t log in to your account anymore. Here are some signs that someone has hacked your Spotify account:
- Playlists don’t show up anymore.
- Spotify starts playing music randomly.
- The “Recently Played” list has songs you didn’t add.
- Spotify has notified you about illegal activity in your account.
- You can’t log in to Spotify on any device.
- Your subscriptions look different, and you didn’t make changes to them.
- Unfamiliar social media accounts now link to your Spotify account.
- You can’t log in anymore, yet you can remember your username and password.
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs, change your password and email address immediately. Call customer support staff if you can’t log in or reset your password. If you can open your account, go to “Settings,” “Account Overview,” and check if the hacker has changed your email address and other personal details. If that’s the case, contact the customer support service for immediate assistance.
How Changing Your Spotify Email Might Affect Your Account
Immediately after changing your email address, you can use Spotify as normal. The platform will retain your subscription plan even if you’ve added a new email. Even if you access it via Facebook, you’ll continue using it as usual. A problem might arise if you get your premium subscription service through a third-party like iTunes. You need to consult with iTunes or any other third-party you use to buy subscriptions.
Where can I view my details on Spotify?
First, log into Spotify and click your “Profile” icon to view the “Account Overview” section. Check your personal details, including email address, username, country of origin, date of birth, etc.
How can you make a new Spotify account with a deleted email address?
Once you delete your original email on Spotify, you can use it again to make a new account. However, Spotify won’t accept your previous username.
Must I share the same login details with those I use Spotify with?
You can use separate login details if you subscribe to the Duo Spotify plan with a friend. After that, each person will access their account. With a Duo plan, two accounts merge into one affordable account. However, users retain their favorite playlists and songs.
Add a New Email to Spotify
Changing your email address for Spotify is vital if you’ve noticed signs of hacking. Also, you can add a new email from a more reliable email service provider. Change your email by logging in to Spotify and editing your profile details. You can do so with Facebook, Apple, or any other third-party service. Then, navigate to “Account Overview,” “Edit Profile,” and add a new email address.
Have you ever changed your email address on Spotify? If so, did you do it successfully? Let us know in the comments section below.