How To Edit the Lock Screen with Wallpaper Engine
Wallpaper Engine lets users customize their desktops and also helps to setup lock screen on your PC. If you’ve been looking for a way to use Wallpaper Engine to set up this feature, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know about setting up lock screen using your Wallpaper Engine.
How to Use Wallpaper Engine to Set the Lock Screen on Your PC
The process of setting up a lock screen on your PC using the Wallpaper Engine is simple and quick. Follow these steps to complete this process:
- Locate the app using hidden icon menu on your taskbar.
- Right-click on Wallpaper Engine and then open “Settings.”
- Click on the “General” tab under Settings.
- Scroll down the window till you locate the “Override lock screen image.”
- Turn on toggle to enable this option.
It’s important to remember that the only image that you can set up as your lock screen display is your current home screen wallpaper.
How to Use Wallpaper Engine to Set the Lock Screen on Your Phone
Steam offers you a free companion Wallpaper Engine for your smart phone once you purchase the Wallpaper Engine. Here’s how you can use it on your phone to setup lock screen:
- Open “Settings” and select “Wallpaper and Style.”
- Choose the “My wallpaper” option.
- Navigate to the top of your screen and tap on the three dots on the top right.
- Select “Live Wallpaper.”
- Tap the Wallpaper Engine appearing in this window and select “Set Wallpaper.”
- Choose “Lock Screen.”
It’s important to note that depending on your phone manufacturer, the wallpapers you set using the Wallpaper Engine can either be static or live.
How to Set Up Wallpaper Engine as Screen Saver
This is an alternative method to setting up the lock screen recommended by Wallpaper Engine developers. However, the process is quite complex. First, you’ll have to initiate screensaver setup.
Here’s how you can set up Wallpaper Engine as screensaver in combination the On resume display logon screen:
- Move your cursor over the installed tab in the Wallpaper Engine window.
- Click “Configure screensaver.”
- Screensaver will automatically be saved if it’s already installed.
- If not, a prompt will appear asking you to install screensaver.
- Window screensaver will open automatically after installation.
Configuring Screensaver Settings
You’ll have to first configure Windows. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open “Settings” on your computer and click “Personalization.”
- Click on “Screen Saver.”
- Select Wallpaper Engine as your screensaver.
- Set wait time then check the box next to “On resume, display logon screen.”
- Click “Apply.”
- Select “OK.”
Wallpaper Engine Configuration
You can begin to set up the Wallpaper Engine screensaver after you’ve finished setting up your screensaver settings. Here’s how it’s done:
- Launch Wallpaper Engine.
- Move your cursor over the installed tab in the top left corner of your Wallpaper Engine.
- Select “Configure screensaver.”
- Wallpaper Engine will now preview your screensavers.
- You can go back to your wallpaper configuration by exiting screensaver mode.
The Wallpaper Engine typically operates the same way as the wallpapers that are actively running. But you can alter these settings by changing the screensaver settings to be configured separately. With the option to configure separately enabled, you can set up different wallpapers for different functions and profiles. Click on the red quit button in the upper left corner of the Wallpaper Engine window to restore your Wallpaper Engine to default settings.
How to Troubleshoot Screensaver
The screensaver function on the Wallpaper Engine is authorized by Windows. There are a few methods you can use if your screensaver refuses to run appropriately:
- Check Windows default screensaver to see if it’s working properly. If it is, you can restart your PC to see whether issue is resolved.
- Double-check your Windows screensaver settings to ensure that the wait time is correct. Also check your Windows energy settings. If battery power is low, ensure you connect your device to a power supply.
- You can also exempt the screensaver file from the PCs antivirus scan.
If you don’t want the wallpapers to fill your screen when your device is in sleep mode, you can disable Wallpaper Engine screensaver. You can do this by opening Windows screensaver settings and changing the screensaver option to “None.”
What is the best method you can use to set up lock screen with Wallpaper Engine?
The best method to use is to override lock screen using the Wallpaper Engine setting.
Why is Wallpaper engine refusing to set up lock screen on your phone?
It’s likely that your phone manufacturers haven’t enabled these settings to ensure that your phone security isn’t undermined. Windows also treats the lock screen area as a protected area and blocks you from enabling this setup.
Is it worth it to invest in Wallpaper Engine?
Yes, this is an amazing tool especially for gamers. But, you can also use it to improve the overall look of your desktop.
Is Wallpaper Engine free?
It depends. The Wallpaper Engine from Steam for your PC is a paid for platform. But once you purchase it, Steam gifts you a free Wallpaper Engine companion designed for your Android phone.
Color Your Lock Screen With Wallpaper Engine
There are limited options on how you can enable lock screen using Wallpaper Engine. The reason being, the manufacturers in the field believe that allowing these settings will compromise device security. There will hopefully be more positive updates on this as technology evolves.
Does your phone allow live wallpaper lock screen? If so, have you ever used it before? Let us know in the comments section below.