How to Add or Remove or Change a Card on AliExpress
AliExpress is one of the biggest online retail services in the world. It was launched in 2010 and has amassed quite a following, especially in Asia and South America. The platform is known for having a wide range of products and slowly gaining traction on the European and North American continents.
As for convenience, AliExpress is somewhat limited in terms of payment methods, but not so much regarding sources. As a user, you’re allowed to save multiple credit cards with multiple billing addresses.
When you’re setting up your account, adding credit card information may feel like a drag, but the process is relatively simple. Likewise, linking credit cards to your account is quite basic and similar to what other e-commerce websites require.
Here are the three credit card-related processes that you need to know about on AliExpress.
Add or Remove Cards in AliExpress using AliPay
A maximum of five cards is allowed on each AliPay account. AliPay is the third-party payment platform used on AliExpress, and it is where your cards get stored. Here’s how to add up to five credit cards in Alipay to use on AliExpress.
- In AliExpress, click on “My AliExpress” in the top-right section.
- Click the “My AliPay” dropdown and select “Account.” You’ll get prompted for your AliExpress login credentials before going to AliPay.
- In your AliPay account, click on “Manage your cards” in the top-right section.
- In the “Manage your cards” section, select “Add cards” or “Remove.”
- When adding credit cards to AliExpress using AliPay, enter your credit card information in the form.
- When finished entering your credit card information, click on “Save the card.”
Add Cards to AliExpress using the Shopping Cart
You cannot remove credit cards using the AliExpress Shopping Cart, but you can add them. Furthermore, you cannot use the same credit card on more than one AliExpress account, even though most American e-commerce sites allow you to do that. Here’s how to add credit cards to AliExpress using the Shopping Cart.
- In AliExpress, place the item you want to order in your cart.
- In the popup window, click on “View Shopping Cart.”
- Click on “Buy from this seller.”
- In the new popup window under “Payment Methods,” click on “Select payment method.”
- Select “Add new card.”
- Enter the credit card information in the proper fields, place a check in the box next to “Save this card,” then click on “Continue.”
- The new card is now added to AliPay and AliExpress, and gets displayed as the current payment option. You can click on “Change” if desired for the current purchase.
The above procedures to add a credit card to AliExpress may not let you remove a credit card, but you can use the first process above to add/remove cards using AliPay.
You can repeat this process to add another card. For the second card and beyond, you can use the same billing address or input a new one. This information will be verified when you hit Save the card (or whenever you try to run a charge). The street number and 5-digit zip code of your billing address must match your card’s record.
You can also remove a credit card if you’re not on the computer or don’t have access to a browser. Simply download the AliExpress Mobile App on your tablet or smartphone. Log into your account and then follow these steps.
Remove a Credit Card Using the AliExpress Mobile App
- Open the AliExpress app
- Tap Options
- Tap My Wallet
- Tap My Credit/Debit Cards
- Select card
- Tap Remove
Doing this has the same effect as using the browser method.
Changing Credit Card Information
Unfortunately, you can’t change your credit card details. Once a credit card has been linked to your account and validated, you’ll have to use it as is. This means that if your card expires, you can’t perform a manual update.
What you can do is remove the credit card from the list, as shown above, and then add it again with the updated information. It takes a bit longer than it should, but at least finding the list of credit cards is as easy as it gets.
A Final Thought
If you’re shopping on AliExpress, you don’t need an activated Alipay account. You can use your credit card to make a purchase and you’re not obligated to save that information. However, if you want to make things easier on yourself and use more than one card, account validation is required.
The registration form is quite basic as is the credit card linking form. The only real downside is that the platform only accepts Visa and MasterCard.
The fact that you can’t update your credit card information is not such a big deal, as this is the case with almost all other webstores.