How To Add a Second Mailbox to Outlook
Having multiple email accounts is starting to become a necessity these days. It is standard to have one email account for business and another one for personal use.
If that’s the case for you, you probably need to check both accounts frequently, which means that you have to log out and switch accounts quite often. This takes time and it can get annoying, especially if you have more than two email accounts.
But if you use Outlook to store your emails, we have some good news. Outlook allows their users to add multiple accounts to their platform and check their inboxes in just a few clicks. This article will show you how to do that.
Adding Another Account to Outlook
Outlook has updated its functionality and implemented a feature that allows you to add a second mailbox to your Outlook account. That way, you will have two mailboxes on the same page from two different accounts.
In other words, you won’t have to log in and out anymore, and you’ll be able to check all your mail in a matter of seconds.
We will use the latest Outlook version for this tutorial. Outlook 2019 allows you to connect up to 20 accounts to your existing Outlook account.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Log in to your Outlook account.
- Click on the Settings icon. This will open a drop-down menu where you can change your Outlook account’s theme, color mode, notifications, etc.
- Select View All Outlook Settings. This option is located at the very bottom of the drop-down menu. A new window will appear after clicking on this option, and then you will be able to adjust everything regarding your Outlook account.
- Select Mail – this is located on the left side of your screen, under the Search bar and the General option. After selecting this tab, a series of options will appear on the middle of your screen.
- Click on Sync email. This option is located under Customize Actions in the middle section of your screen.
- Select the type of email that you want to add.
Outlook allows you to connect your existing Outlook account with Gmail or with a different Outlook account. If you want to connect your Outlook account with your Gmail account, simply click on the Gmail icon. After that, the Connect Your Google Account window will appear.
From there, you will be able to choose a display name for your Gmail account, where the imported email will be stored. You can create a folder with a Gmail subfolder or import into existing folders, like Inbox. You can also select how you want to connect your Gmail account, which means choosing between two options:
- Connect your Gmail as a Read and Send account – allows you to store email from your Gmail account and send it via Outlook.
- Connect your Gmail as a send-only account – allows you only to send emails via Outlook.
After you’ve selected the configuration that you want, click on OK, enter your email address, its password and your Gmail account will be added.
If you want to add another Outlook account, click on Other Email Accounts. That will open the Connect Your Account window, where you’ll need to enter a Display Name of your choosing, the other account’s email address, and the password.
You also have the option to choose where the imported email will be stored. You can create a new folder for your second account’s email, or import into an already existing one.
Make sure that you’ve entered everything correctly and hit OK.
NOTE: You can connect different versions of Outlook. In other words, it doesn’t matter if your account is premium and you want to add a regular one, or vice-versa.
Organize Your Inbox
Connecting your accounts makes it easier for you to follow your received emails. Now that you know how to do that, just make sure to create separate folders and organize your inbox well.
Is there something you would like to add to this topic? Feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below. We would love to hear what you think about Outlook’s features.