How to Change the Language in Apex Legends
Apex Legends Season 10 is in full swing, and millions of people from around the globe are joining the fun. The game offers a wide range of languages to choose from to ensure a seamless experience for such a broad player base. But how exactly do you change your language in Apex Legends?
In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on changing the language in Apex Legends. We’ll also show you how to do it on all major devices to help improve your cross-platform gaming sessions.
How to Change the Language in Apex Legends on a PC
Most people play Apex Legends from their PC, be it through Steam or Origin. This section will show you how to change your language in Origin. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Origin and find Apex Legends in the Library.
- Click the game and press the gear symbol to go to the settings.
- Navigate to the “Advanced Launch Options” section.
- Select your preferred language, and you’re good to go.
How to Change the Language in Apex Legends on a PlayStation
Changing the Language in Apex Legends on a PlayStation is fairly straightforward.
- Launch Apex Legends.
- Go to Settings.
- This window will display the option to change your language.
- Select the desired language and return to your game.
How to Change the Language in Apex Legends on an Xbox
Changing the language on an Xbox is like the PlayStation process described above. Take the following steps to do so:
- Start Apex Legends.
- Launch the Settings.
- Find the option to change your language and choose between English, French, German, Japanese, and eight other languages.
How to Change the Language in Apex Legends on a Nintendo Switch
Unfortunately, there isn’t a direct way to change your Apex Legends language on Nintendo Switch. Instead, you’ll need to change your console’s language, and the change should apply in your game.
Complete these steps to change the language on your Nintendo Switch:
- Go to your Home Menu.
- Choose the “System Settings” option.
- Navigate to the left-hand part of the screen.
- Scroll down to the “System” window.
- Go to the right side of your display and press the “Language” button.
- Choose between English, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, and 12 other options.
- Restart your Nintendo Switch, and your Apex Legends should now run in your preferred language.
How to Change the Language in Apex Legends on Steam
Steam is the other launcher you can use to play Apex Legends on PC. Like Origin, the platform allows you to choose your game language:
- Start Steam and locate Apex Legends in the Library.
- Right-click on the game and select the “Properties” button.
- Navigate to the left part of the screen and go to the “Language” tab.
- Choose your preferred language and start your Apex Legends with your new language installed.
You can use another method to change your language, too. Bear in mind that it’s slightly more complicated:
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Find Apex Legends and right-click on the game. Choose the “Properties” option.
- Navigate to the “Launch Options” sections and go to the end of the line in the box.
- Replace the line’s final word denoting the current language (e.g., Japanese or Italian) with your preferred language.
- Close the window and restart your Apex Legends.
If the game still uses the same language even after updating your language pack, you’ll need to delete or rename the old files:
- Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Locate Apex Legends and right-click on it.
- Choose the “Manage” option, followed by “Browse Local Files.”
- Go to the “Audio” folder and then the “Ship” folder.
- You should find a bunch of languages in this window. To get rid of unwanted ones, select them and press the “Delete” button in the upper part of the menu. Alternatively, rename them into something Apex Legends won’t recognize. This way, the game will be forced to use your preferred language.
- Return to Steam’s main menu and launch Apex Legends.
How do I Change the Language in Apex Legends Mobile
Changing the language in Apex Legends isn’t only reserved for PCs and consoles. You can also do it on your mobile phone. Here’s how:
1. Start Apex Legends on your mobile.
2. Navigate to the Settings.
3. Go to “Language Settings.”
4. Choose one of the languages and press the “OK” button.
5. Restart the app to apply the change.
Bridging the Language Gap in Apex Legends
The game’s language might have been an insurmountable obstacle in Apex Legends, but that’s no longer the case. Whether you’re playing the shooter on your PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, or smartphone, you can choose the preferred language within seconds. The result will be a much more enjoyable gaming experience and a user-friendly interface.
What language do you use in your Apex Legends? Do you have the PC or the console version? Have you tried any other method of changing the language? Let us know in the comments section below.