How to Delete a Cash App Account
In this current age of technology there are always new apps to try out and one of the newest is the Cash App. It’s a way to transfer money to your friends and family, much like Venmo. With only a few clicks on your phone or computer, you can help a family member or friend out of a financial jam.
However, the Cash App is not like all the other apps in that you can delete with one click. Since this app is connected to your bank account you need to take a few more steps before deleting it on your phone or computer.
How to Delete your Cash App Account From an iPhone
You might have found a new, better app for storing your money, or you just don’t like Cash App and you want to delete it permanently. Whatever the case, with a few easy steps you can delete Cash App. Here’s how.
- Open your Cash App on your iPhone device (It’s the little app with the green dollar icon).
- If you have money in your account, click on the house icon, which represents Banking.
- In the bottom-left corner, you will see a “Cash Out” icon. Click on that to automatically transfer your money back to your account.
- If you have any bitcoin, sell it before deleting your account.
- Next, tap the silhouette of a person in a circle in the upper right corner. This represents your Account.
- Tap on “Support.”
- Tap the “Something Else” option.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and select “Account Settings.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click on “Close my Cash Account.”
- Click on “Confirm” if you are sure that you want to delete your account.
- An email will be sent to you asking you to confirm you want to delete your account. Make sure you get this email before uninstalling your app from your iPhone.
- After confirming, hold the app icon for a few seconds. A menu will pop up where you can tap on the “Uninstall” option.
How to Delete your Cash App Account From an Android Device
Because smartphones these days all have some of the same options, deleting the Cash App on an Android device is somewhat similar to how it’s done on an iPhone. So, you can follow the steps above for iPhone to delete the Cash App on Android.
Here are a few more tips to know before attempting to delete your account permanently.
- Do not simply delete the app. It can seem easy to just uninstall an app, but that would only mean that you have removed it from your phone. All your banking information will be on file on your still active account. If you want to delete your account securely, you’ll need to follow the steps above.
- Make sure that you don’t have any money left on the app. If you do and you delete your account, that money will just disappear. Follow the step-by-step instructions on how to cash out your money from your account. Do that before deleting the account.
- Deleting your account on the Cash App takes only about 5 minutes, so make sure you follow along with the steps as closely as possible to avoid any mistakes.
How to Delete your Cash App Account From a PC
It can be quite intimidating working with an app that stores all your money, but there are always easy steps you can take to make sure you’re taking care of your money. Deleting your account on the Cash App on a PC is as easy as it is on your smartphone. These are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Open your internet browser and log into your Cash App account.
- Make sure you have “Cashed out” all your money before deleting your account.
- Find the “Settings”menu and left-click on it.
- Choose “Profile”or the “Personal”option.
- If you scroll down, you will find a “Delete”or “Deactivate Account” option. Click on it.
- Now you will need to type in your reason for deleting your account.
- Click on the “Confirm”button to complete the process.
After going through all these steps, you can use the same email address, phone number, and bank account to make a new account. However, your payment history from your previous account won’t be restored.
Cashing Out Safely
Information is key when you are storing your money in an online account. As we’ve shown, deleting your Cash App account can be simple and a stress-free process. Follow our steps closely and you’ll avoid the risk of losing your hard-earned money due to an error.
Do you store money on Cash App? Have you used any of the steps above to close your account? How did it go? Let us know in the comments below.