How To Change Your Payment Method in Crunchyroll
Are you looking to add a new card or PayPal account on Crunchyroll? If yes, we’ve got you covered! This article will show you how to change the payment method on Crunchyroll and share tips to help you make the switch without problems.
Changing Payment Methods
Like any other subscription service, Crunchyroll requires you to add a payment method if you want to take advantage of all the cool features of a premium subscription. You can add a credit card, but PayPal is also an acceptable form of payment.
But there are times you may need to change the payment method. Perhaps your card has expired, and you’ve just received a new one from your bank. Maybe you subscribed using a card linked to a bank account you no longer use. Or perhaps you just want to manage your bills better by using a specific card for all your subscriptions.
Whatever the reason, you’ll be pleased to learn that Crunchyroll does provide an easy way to manage your payment methods.
Switching to a Different Credit Card
If you want to switch to another credit card on Crunchyroll:
- Launch Crunchyroll and enter your credentials to sign in to your account.
- Click on your avatar in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “My account” from the dropdown menu.
- Head over to “Premium Membership Status.”
- Select “Change Card” from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen guide to enter the details of your new card.
- Visit this page on the official website to complete the process.
Once you’ve updated your payment method successfully, Crunchyroll will use the new card to renew your subscription as soon as the current subscription expires. There’s no extra fee charged for making the switch. You can also switch cards as many times as you want.
That said, some users have reported difficulties changing their payment methods through the steps outlined above. If this happens to you, don’t fret.
You can still update your payment method by following these steps:
- Launch Crunchyroll and sign in if prompted.
- Head to “Account Settings.”
- Under “Premium Membership Status,” choose the card you’d like to use going forward.
Switching From PayPal to Credit Card
Crunchyroll is one of the few mainstream streaming platforms that have embraced PayPal payments. As with card payments, PayPal payments are processed automatically once your subscription expires.
If, for some reason, you want to ditch PayPal and instead link a card to your Crunchyroll account, the process is straightforward:
- Sign in to your PayPal account and navigate to the “Recurring Payments” page.
- Remove “Ellation, Inc” from the list. This will delete the billing agreement and disable the automatic renewal of your subscription.
- Wait for your subscription to expire. You might encounter an error if you attempt to purchase a new subscription before the current one expires. As a result, you should probably cancel PayPal on the last day of the month.
- Once your subscription has lapsed, sign in to your Crunchyroll account and head to the “Premium Membership Plan Comparison” page.
- Select the plan you’d like to purchase and choose “Credit Card” as your preferred payment method.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to provide all the card details required, including your name, CVC, card number, and expiration date.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully updated your payment method on Crunchyroll. All subsequent payments will now be made automatically at the end of each subscription period.
Reusing a PayPal Account
You may have linked your PayPal account to an old Crunchyroll account you no longer use. This begs the question: Can you link that PayPal account to another Crunchyroll account? The answer is yes.
However, you’ll need to terminate the billing agreement with Crunchyroll on the old account. Only after you’ve freed up your PayPal account from the old account can you use it as your payment method on the new one.
To terminate the billing agreement with Crunchyroll on your old account:
- Sign in to PayPal and head to settings.
- Under the “Recurring Payments” page, delete “Ellation, Inc.”
One of the best things about Crunchyroll is that it’s very user-friendly. If you want to change your payment method, you can do so in a few simple steps.
But as with all online payments, you can never rule out errors or glitches. If you experience problems, you should launch a support ticket immediately. Please check out this page for details.
Are you a Crunchyroll enthusiast? If so, have you tried to switch to a new payment method?
Feel free to share your experience with other anime lovers in the comments section.