How to Clear or Edit the Continue Watching List in Netflix on Any Device
While the “Continue Watching” list on Netflix can be relatively useful, it can also be particularly bothersome to you, especially when other people use your profile. Fortunately, there are a few easy ways to deal with this issue. The good news is it is possible to clear your “Continue Watching” list on the Netflix app on iOS and Android devices, but you can also clear the list on your PC.
This article also provides alternatives to the ‘Continue Watching’ overflow problem and some FAQs related to the topic. Previously, the only option available was to clear titles from your Netflix Watch History. However, a past update added the ability to clear your entire “Continue Watching” list. Let’s get started!
How To Clear the Continue Watching List from a Desktop PC
- Go to “Netflix” using a browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.) on your PC (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.).
- Log into your account if necessary.
- Select your profile from the list.
- Click on your profile icon in the top-right section, then select “Account.”
- In the “Profile and Parental Controls” section, click on the dropdown icon to the right of your profile.
- Find the “Viewing activity” section in the list of options and click on “View.”
- The list of “Watching” items appears, but it includes all watched items including finished ones. You CANNOT delete items but you CAN hide them. Click on the “slashed-out circle” icon to the right of the listed item you want to hide. To remove all items at once, continue to “Step 8.”
- To remove all watched items, scroll to the bottom of the list and click on “Hide all.”
- In the popup that appears, confirm your choice by clicking on “Yes, hide all my viewing activity.”
Even though you can remove each title individually, Netflix won’t ask you if you’re sure you want to remove the titles from your Viewing Activity, which should speed up the whole process. However, as you can see above, removing all titles at once displays a confirmation for added safety. After all, the watched list helps Netflix make recommendations and resume unfinished streams.
Once you remove all the titles from the list, your “Continue Watching” section is empty.
How To Clear Continue Watching from an iPhone
If you want to remove titles from your Netflix “Continue Watching” list on your iOS device, do the following:
- Open the “Netflix” app.
- Log into your account and choose the right profile.
- Go to the “Continue Watching” tab.
- Find the title that you want to remove.
- Tap on the “three dots” underneath the title.
- Choose “Remove From Row” on the pop-up menu.
- Select “Remove” to confirm that you want to remove the title from the “Continue Watching” row.
Another way you can remove a title from the “Continue Watching” list is by also removing it from your activity page. In other words, Netflix will give you the option to “hide” the title from the Viewing Activity page. Unfortunately, you will have to use a web browser because the Netflix app doesn’t support the option.
Here’s how you can do this on an iOS device:
- Launch a web browser on your iPhone or iPad. Visit the Netflix website.
- Log into your Netflix profile.
- Go to the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner of the app.
- Continue to “Account.”
- Scroll down to the appropriate Netflix profile. Find “Viewing Activity” on the list of options. Tap on ‘View.’
- Locate the title that you want to hide.
- Tap on the “delete” icon (a circle with a slash through it) on the right side of the title.
That’s about it. The title won’t appear in your “Continue Watching” list anymore. Keep in mind that it might take Netflix up to 24 hours to hide the title on all of your devices.
How To Clear Continue Watching from an Android Phone
You can also remove titles from your “Continue Watching” list on Netflix on an Android device. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Netflix account and log in.
- Proceed to the “Continue Watching” row.
- Locate the movie or show that you want to remove from the row.
- Tap on the three dots below the title.
- Choose the “Remove From Row” option.
- Select “OK” to remove this title from Continue Watching.
If you want to use the alternative method of hiding the titles, the Netflix app will route you to a web browser to complete the task. This is how you remove titles on an Android device:
- Go to the Netflix app and log in.
- Head over to the Home page.
- Tap on your profile icon in the upper right-hand.
- Tap ‘Account.’
- Select the web browser you’d like to use to review your viewing activity.
- Sign in if prompted. Select the profile you’re working with.
- Go to ‘Viewing activity.’
- Locate the title that you want to remove.
- Select the “delete” icon (a circle with a slash through it) next to each title.
How To Edit Specific Titles on the Continue Watching List
To remove titles from the Continue Watching row on Netflix on your desktop, follow the steps below:
- Launch Netflix on your desktop.
- Head over to the “Continue Watching” row.
- Find the title that you want to remove from the “Continue Watching” row.
- Click on the title.
- Choose “Remove From Row.”
- Select “OK” on the pop-up menu.
Now, the title that you deleted will disappear from your Continue Watching list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Netflix offers one of the more user-friendly interfaces on streaming platforms today. If you have more questions, keep reading.
Can I recover my viewing history after I’ve deleted it?
Unfortunately, no. If you select the option to hide all of your activity and confirm your intentions, there isn’t an option to recover the activity.
Can I delete a Netflix profile?
Absolutely! If you’d like to completely remove everything associated with one of your Netflix profiles, you can. Here’s how:
1. Log into Netflix and head to the home page. Here, you’ll see all of your profiles. Tap or click ‘Manage Profiles’ at the bottom.
2. Tap or click on the pencil icon.
3. Select ‘Delete Profile’ at the bottom.
Watch Netflix With No Distractions
Now you know how to clear the “Continue Watching” list on Netflix. You also know how to remove individual titles from the “Continue Watching” row across various devices. Once you have finished clearing out the list, you can watch any content all over again.
Have you ever cleared the “Continue Watching” list on Netflix before? Did you use any of the methods we went through in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.