How to Connect to a Wi-Fi Network in Windows 11
One of the computer’s primary functions is to act as a gateway to the internet. Our devices, be they desktop or mobile, allow us to access the World Wide Web. In order to do this, the PC needs to connect to the internet. Fortunately, Windows 11 makes it easy to connect various devices to a wireless network.
If you’re interested in using your PC to connect to Wi-Fi, this guide will walk you through the different methods to do so.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 11 Using the Taskbar
The taskbar is a convenient tool to use when you want to quickly access features on your computer. It has shortcuts you can utilize to manage your PC’s functionality. For example, you can use the taskbar to enable Wi-Fi in Windows 11.
- Tap the Network icon located to the left of the date and time on the taskbar.
- Once the Quick Settings menu opens, press the Wi-Fi button.
- Select a Wi-Fi network from the list displayed and hit “Connect.”
- Enter the network password if it’s locked with a security key.
Your device will now connect to the internet.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 11 Using Settings
You can connect to a wireless network using Settings on Windows 11. The process is pretty straightforward:
- Go to the Start Menu and select “Settings.”
- Navigate to “Network & Internet” and ensure that the Wi-Fi toggle is in the ON position.
- Tap “Wi-Fi” then “Show Available Networks.”
- Pick a wireless network from the list displayed.
- Press “Connect” and input the network password when prompted.
Your Windows 11 device is now connected to the wireless network.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 11 Using the Control Panel
Many of the functions found in the Control Panel in previous versions of Windows have been moved to Settings in Windows 11. However, you can still connect to Wi-Fi through the Control Panel. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to the search bar and type in “Control Panel.”
- Once the window opens, scroll to “Network & Internet.”
- Tap “Connect to the Internet” and check that Wi-Fi is toggled on.
- Select a Wi-Fi network from the list shown.
- Press “Connect” and input the password if the network is locked.
You can now access the internet through your computer.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 11 Using Command Prompt
It is possible to connect your computer to a wireless network using Command Prompt. This may not be a popular choice when linking to the internet. If you’re feeling adventurous, however, follow the steps below:
- Type “Command Prompt” into the search bar.
- Right-click on the result and pick “Run as Administrator.”
- Input the command shown below, then hit “Enter.”
netsh wlan show profile
- Confirm the network you would like to connect to.
- Input the command below to link to Wi-Fi.
netsh wlan connect ssid=YOUR-WIFI-SSID name=PROFILE-NAME
(SSID name is your network name followed by your profile name)
The PC is now connected to the Wi-Fi.
Wireless connectivity is a crucial component of your PC. Without the ability to connect to the internet, you won’t be able to use your device optimally. This guide highlights four methods that can help you connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 11. If you run into any trouble, there’s also a troubleshooting section to help you fix issues that may arise.
Have you connected to Wi-Fi in Windows 11? Let us know what method you used in the comments section below.