How to Create a Google Docs Cover Page
The number of resumes, essays, and business proposals submitted each day is staggering. If you have to submit a document, you already know the competition is stiff. Your document will be one among tons of other look-alikes. How do you make your document stand out among the others so your hard work can be seen?
Use Google Docs to make the first impression of your document last beyond a first glance. The app is full of tools to use to create a notable cover page. Keep reading to learn how to create a professional Google Docs cover page that gets attention.
How to Create a Cover Page Google Docs on a PC
Take your project from mundane to fabulous when you create a cover page using Google Docs on a PC. To start, you have to use the correct browser. Google Docs works on most browsers, but its outstanding features aren’t accessible on every browser. These are the best browsers to use:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge (Windows Only)
- Safari (Mac)
Now that you’ve chosen your browser, you can decide how you’ll make your cover page. One option is to make the cover page from scratch. This gives you a cover page that is uniquely yours. Here’s how to make a Google Docs cover page from scratch:
- Open the browser on your PC.
- Sign in to Google Docs.
- Select Blank Document.
- Choose File > Page setup to edit the page layout.
- Select Format > Text to choose your text style.
- Type your page content.
- Tap Insert > Image to add an image.
- Select File > Download to name and save your document.
Once your document is saved, you can go back at any time to make changes. Explore additional features Google Docs has to offer for ideas to enhance your document. Remember to save your page once the changes are made.
Creating a cover page on Google Docs from a blank slate is an excellent option if you are confident in your design skills. If not, you can make a cover page with Google Doc templates. Templates are a jump start to your cover page but leave room to add your own special touches. Here’s how to modify a Google Docs template:
- Open Google Docs.
- Tap Template gallery (at the top-left of the screen).
- Choose a suitable template.
- Customize the template with your images, text, etc.
- Save the cover page (File > Download).
You can save the cover page to your computer in several different formats so that you may edit or share it at any time.
How to Create a Cover Page Google Docs on an iPad
Google Docs lets you design a great-looking cover page on devices other than your PC. This section will show you how to create one on your iPad. The first step is to Install Google Docs for iPad as follows:
- Tap the Apple Store icon.
- Type “Google Docs” in the search bar and then tap Get.
- Tap Install in the window that pops up.
Google Docs is ready to use as soon as the download is finished. Now create a cover page like this:
- Open Google Docs (the blue paper icon).
- Tap Plus (+) icon to design a cover page from scratch.
- Go to three dots at the top right” then Page setup to set the page layout.
- Select the A icon and then Text to format your text.
- Type your information and then click the Insert menu and Image. Add an image to your page.
- Open File and select Download to name and save the cover page.
Once your customized cover page is saved, it is available for you to reopen, edit, and share as needed. The other option for creating a cover page is to modify a preset Google Doc template. This is how you do it:
- Open Google Docs.
- Tap Plus (+) in the bottom corner.
- Tap Choose template.
- Choose a cover page and modify it as desired.
- Name and save your cover page.
Simply open the saved document if you have a last-minute change. There’s no need to wait until you get home to your PC if you have the tablet with you.
How to Create a Cover Page Google Docs on an iPhone
Make the most of your iPhone by using cover pages just like you would on your Mac or iPad. For a great-looking Google Docs cover page on the go, follow these steps:
- Open Google Docs.
- Select the + icon at the bottom right corner to create a new document to design your cover page from scratch.
- Tap the … three horizontal dots at top right and go to Page Setup to layout the page.
- Press the A icon and Text to format the text. Type your content.
- Tap + and then below Insert, select Image to add a picture.
- Name and tap blue checkmark at the top left to save your cover page.
Another option is to choose a Google Docs template for your cover page. Make changes to customize it as you desire. It’s as easy as this:
- Open Google Docs.
- Tap the + icon at the bottom right and then Choose template.
- Scroll to the template you want and tap it to modify the template.
- Name and tap the blue checkmark to save the document.
Save your cover page on your iPhone. You can also send a copy to your PC or email address. Since it’s on your iPhone, it takes just a quick second to pull it up for viewing. This will allow you to make final changes before it is submitted.
How to Create a Cover Page Google Docs on an Android Device
It is not difficult to create an eye-catching cover page with your Android phone or tablet. Google Docs works with the same ease on Android. For starters, the app has to be downloaded on your device. Follow these steps:
- Search for the Google Docs app for Android in the Google Play Store.
- Tap Install.
- Select Open.
You’re ready to create and save your cover page and have mobile access to the document. Just open the page and make changes if you suddenly have a new idea. Here’s how:
- Open the browser, go to Google Docs, and choose Blank Document.
- Tap File > Page Setup to customize the layout.
- Select Format > Text to format the text. Type your content.
- Tap Insert and Image to add an image.
- Name and save the cover page.
Using a template can be even easier with these steps:
- Open the app and select a template from the list that appears.
- Modify the template to your liking.
- Name and tap the blue checkmark at the top left to save the template.
Now the cover page is right at your fingertips. Open it for a last-minute once-over before it is submitted to its final destination.
Design a Dazzling Document
The cover page is the gateway to your document. As the saying goes, “image is everything,” and you can use Google Docs to create a cover page with a polished look with ease. You never know who will see your impressive document and where that action will lead you.
Have you used Google Docs to make a cover page? Tell us whether you think it made a positive difference in your document in the comments section below.