How To Post to BeReal from a PC or Mobile Device
Unlike many social media platforms, you can only post on BeReal once a day. The times you can do so are random. You usually get a notification between 11 A.M. and 11 P.M.
Besides this, there are other strict requirements for posting. Read on to find out more.
How to Post to BeReal on an iPhone
At some random point in the day, usually within what’s considered waking hours in a time zone, BeReal will send you a notification on your iPhone. Follow the instructions below within two minutes, or you won’t be able to post until the next day:
- Tap on the BeReal notification.
- Aim the rear camera at any object in front of you.
- Point the selfie camera at your face.
- Make any facial expression you want.
- Press the shutter.
- Retake the pictures if needed.
- Tap on “Send” when ready.
Since BeReal takes two photos to make a post, you can take two selfies or two pictures of the same objects if you want. You must be quick when taking the pictures, as the app doesn’t wait long before taking the second shot.
The two-picture trick also works on Android devices.
Taking RealMoji on an iPhone
RealMoji are a novel way of reacting to other posts on BeReal. However, unlike the emoji on Facebook and other platforms, these require you make the expressions yourself. If you want to react in a fun and creative way, follow these steps:
- Look for any BeReal post.
- Tap on the reaction button in the bottom-right corner.
- Pick an emoji to replicate.
- Tap on it to open your selfie camera.
- Look at your camera and make the facial expression corresponding to the emoji.
- Send the RealMoji to the post.
- Take another RealMoji if you wish.
You can take as many RealMoji as the bar contains, meaning you can react to a BeReal post several times with funny facial expressions. The post author will surely appreciate the personal touch.
RealMoji are also available on Android.
How to Post to BeReal on an Android Device
BeReal is also available on Android. The app works identically to the iOS version, meaning you can switch from one to the other without much difficulty. Here’s how to post on Android:
- Be sure to keep your Android device with you.
- When the notification arrives, tap on it.
- Aim at something and position yourself for a selfie.
- Make any facial expressions.
- Retake the pictures until you enjoy how they look.
- Select “Send” when you’re ready to show the world.
Once you send a BeReal post, you can prepare for a wave of RealMoji or send some yourself.
Taking RealMoji on an Android Device
Here’s how you take RealMoji on your Android smartphone or tablet:
- Search for any BeReal post that’s public.
- Touch the reaction button in the bottom-right corner.
- Select for the emoji you want.
- Tap on it and open your selfie camera.
- Look at your camera and make a facial expression corresponding to the emoji.
- React with the RealMoji to the post.
- Take another RealMoji if you wish.
Your RealMoji and those sent by others will allow for extra interaction. While you can comment on BeReal posts, sending RealMoji is much more entertaining.
How to Post to BeReal on a PC
While BeReal is a mobile app, there’s not much preventing you from emulating it on a PC. There’s no official PC BeReal app, so using it on a computer is somewhat unusual. While you can use any emulator, we’ll use Bluestacks as our example.
Bluestacks is one of the most popular Android emulators available, which makes it more accessible in case you want to try this bizarre process. Nevertheless, the steps aren’t too different if you use other emulators.
- Download and install BlueStacks.
- Launch the emulator on your PC.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Search for BeReal on the Play Store.
- Download and install the app.
- Log in to an existing account or create a new one.
- Wait for the notification to arrive.
Since BeReal requires an internet connection, forcing the notification to arrive using the system time is impossible. When it comes, try these steps:
- Open the notification.
- Look for something to take a picture.
- Prepare yourself for a selfie.
- Take the two images.
- Delete and make new ones if you wish.
- Send the post and wait for the RealMojis.
The problem with this method is that most laptops only have one camera, which is often used for online conference calls. Desktop towers don’t have built-in cameras, so you’ll need a USB webcam. There may be unforeseen issues that arise when using Android emulation.
Nevertheless, despite not being designed for PC, you can still mimic the system of an Android device with Bluestacks or another emulator. In other respects, BeReal still functions perfectly, such as taking RealMojis and writing comments on other people’s posts.
Taking RealMoji on PC
Bluestacks will use a laptop’s built-in camera or a webcam as the default camera. When taking RealMoji, you only have to position yourself in the right spot and make an expression.
- Open BeReal on your PC using Bluestacks.
- Look for some posts.
- Click on the reaction button.
- Pick one and take a photo.
- React with the RealMoji.
- Repeat the process if you wish.
As you can see, using BeReal is incredibly easy, even with an emulator. It’s not the most convenient app, but you can still enjoy it.
How BeReal Posts Work
BeReal posts can be public or private, and you can select this option under the Send button before publishing. Public BeReal posts can be found on the Discovery feed of the app, which is shown to everyone in your general area.
Public posts can also be made private. That way, you have control over your audience.
BeReal is relatively safe compared to some platforms, as it promises the following:
- Your friend list is never revealed
- The only way to tell if you have friends is the RealMoji and comment count
- You can turn your location off before sending pictures
If you somehow feel uncomfortable after making a post, there’s always the option to delete it. All of your old posts can be found in the Your Memories section. You may save them to your gallery or share them on other social media.
Some people take screenshots of your post. To see who did, you need to share the BeReal post. While you can do so, a trick to keep it private is sending it to a personal app that no one can find. A backup email address works wonders.
What time do you post on BeReal?
The developers have not revealed how they calculate the time you get BeReal post notifications, but it’s usually during waking hours. The range is from 11 A.M. to 11 P.M. for your time zone. Hence, you won’t have to change your sleep schedule radically.
BeReal is trending wildly right now, as people are intrigued by this timed social media app. While you can only post once daily, people look forward to it because of its limitations. Fortunately, you can share what’s going on with any device.
What do you enjoy the most about BeReal? Are there any new features you want to see on the app? Let us know in the comments section below.