How to Delete a Portfolio in Yahoo Finance
Yahoo Finance lets you create investment portfolios specific to your business. It can store and track all the information related to those holdings. In the past, it was challenging to delete your portfolio from Yahoo Finance as you had to contact the company direct. However, the new Finance Manager feature makes it easier to manage your account. This feature allows you to simulate an investment strategy or replicate an existing portfolio. It can also help you remove stocks from the portfolio or delete your entire holdings if the need arises.
In this article, we’ll show you how to remove your Yahoo finance portfolio.
How to Delete a Portfolio in Yahoo Finance on Desktop
Deleting a portfolio from Yahoo Finance can be accomplished with a few clicks. Be warned, though. Once deleted, you can’t recover your portfolio. Only follow the instructions shown here if you’re sure you no longer need the portfolio.
- Sign in to Yahoo Finance and navigate to “My Portfolio.”
- Scroll to the portfolio you would like to delete and tap it to enter the page.
- Click the “Edit” link, then select “Delete Portfolio” located at the top of the page.
Your Portfolio will now be removed from Yahoo Finance.
How to Delete a Portfolio in Yahoo Finance on Mobile
Removing your portfolio from Yahoo Finance using the app is a straightforward process. The steps demonstrated here will get rid of your holdings in a matter of minutes.
- Log in to your Yahoo Finance app.
- Tap the menu icon and click on “My Portfolio.”
- Press the list that you would like to delete.
- Navigate to the upper right corner and hit the More icon.
- Tap “Delete Portfolio,” then “Done.”
- Confirm your choice to delete the portfolio by clicking “Confirm.”
You have successfully removed your portfolio from Yahoo Finance.
How to Create a List in Yahoo Finance on Desktop
Once you’ve established a My Portfolio account, you’ll have full access to Yahoo Finance’s robust analytics. It lets you easily create lists, as shown below.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Finance account.
- Tap “My Portfolio” at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for your new portfolio and select a currency for your list.
- Hit “Submit.”
A new portfolio has now been created on Yahoo Finance.
How to Create a List in Yahoo Finance on Mobile
With the Yahoo Finance app, you can create a list to simulate investment strategies that you would like to implement. The method shown here will walk you through creating a list on Yahoo Finance using the mobile app.
- Log in to the Yahoo Finance app.
- Click the Menu icon then “My Portfolio.”
- Press any list and then the More icon in the upper right corner.
- Input a name for your new list and select the currency you would like to use.
- Hit “Submit” to complete the process.
A new list has now been created in your Yahoo Finance account.
How to Add Symbols to a Portfolio in Yahoo Finance on Desktop
Adding symbols to your Yahoo Finance portfolio helps you quickly identify the stocks you are following. Inputting these symbols doesn’t have to be a complicated process. Here’s how it’s done:
- Navigate to Yahoo Finance and sign in.
- Tap “My Portfolio” at the top of the page.
- Scroll to “My Portfolios” and select the list you want to add symbols to.
- Press “Add Symbol” and enter one or more symbols. Be sure to use commas to separate them.
- Hit “Enter” to complete the process.
Your Yahoo Finance list now has identifying symbols.
How to Add Symbols to a Portfolio in Yahoo Finance on Mobile
Using symbols on your Yahoo Finance list makes it easier to identify and keep track of stocks you are following. Here’s how to add symbols to your portfolio using your mobile device:
- Open your Yahoo Finance app.
- Tap the hamburger menu, then hit “My Portfolio.”
- Select the list you would like to add symbols to.
- Input a ticker image and press it to add it to the list.
The ticker symbol has now been added to your Yahoo Finance portfolio.
How to Reorder Symbols in a Portfolio on Yahoo Finance on Desktop
Reordering symbols on your Yahoo Finance portfolio helps you prioritize the stocks you are most interested in. Follow these steps to reorder the images associated with your holdings:
- Go to Yahoo Finance and log in to your account.
- Tap “My Portfolio” and navigate to “My Portfolios.”
- Press “Fundamentals” then “Reorder.”
- Click on a symbol, then hold and drag it to where you want it placed on the list.
- Hit “Save” once you’re done.
The symbols on the Yahoo Finance list will now be placed in your preferred order.
How to Reorder Symbols in a Portfolio on Yahoo Finance on Mobile
Changing the order of your symbols on Yahoo Finance allows you to prioritize your important stocks. Here’s how to go about reordering your symbols on the app:
- Open your Yahoo Finance app and sign in.
- Tap the Menu icon and then “My Portfolio.”
- Select the list you want to reorder.
- Navigate to the right of the screen and hit the “More” icon.
- Press “Edit Symbols” and then “Done.”
- Click, hold and then drag the ticker symbol to where you would like it moved.
- Hit “Done” to complete the process.
You have successfully reordered ticker symbols on Yahoo Finance from your mobile app.
How to Remove Symbols from a Portfolio on Yahoo Finance on Desktop
If you find that you don’t particularly care for the ticker symbols on your list of stocks on Yahoo Finance, there is a straightforward way to get rid of them. The steps highlighted here will enable you to remove symbols from your portfolio.
- Log in to Yahoo Finance and press “My Portfolio.”
- Navigate to “My Portfolios” and select the list with the symbol you would like to delete.
- Tap “Summary” and select the checkbox for the symbol.
- Press “Delete Symbols” and then click “Confirm.”
The symbols associated with your stocks will now be deleted from your Yahoo Finance portfolio.
How to Remove Symbols from a Portfolio on Yahoo Finance on Mobile
You may find that the symbols on your Yahoo Finance portfolio clutter the appearance of your interface. If you would like to remove them, follow the method described here.
- Launch the Yahoo Finance app and tap the hamburger menu icon.
- Hit “Portfolio” and select the list with the symbols you would like to remove.
- Tap the More icon to the right of the screen.
- Pick “Edit Symbols” from the list displayed, then click “Done.”
- Next to the symbols you want removed, press the Delete icon shaped like a trash can.
- Hit “Done” to go back to your portfolio.
Your Yahoo Finance portfolio will no longer contain unwanted symbols.
Manage Your Yahoo Finance Portfolio With the Click of a Button
My Portfolio is a free Yahoo Finance tool that lets you build multiple portfolios based on your brokerage account and real-world holdings. This feature helps you keep track of stocks you are interested in by allowing you to create lists that you can easily manage from your desktop or mobile device. With multiple analytics built into My Portfolio, you’ll be able to get a deeper understanding of the stocks that are of interest to you. You can also delete the portfolio that no longer serves you for one reason or another. This guide helps you navigate your Yahoo Finance account.
Have you deleted your Yahoo Finance portfolio? Let us know in the comments section below.