How to Add or Change the Profile Banner in Discord
A profile banner is a great way to personalize your Discord account and make it stand out from the rest. It helps you to fill up your profile icon with one of your favorite games, movies, memes, or anime characters. You can even fill up the space with your own face.
Before looking at the steps to change your profile banner in Discord to a custom image, it’s important to note that this feature is only available for Nitro users. If you’re not on the Nitro plan, you’ll have to settle for a limited list of 10-15 pre-made banners. These banners feature basic designs and solid colors. What’s more, you can’t set up or change your banner on the Discord mobile apps. You can only do so on its desktop versions.
This article will show you how to change your Discord profile banner to ensure that your profile stands out.
How to Add or Change a Profile Banner in Discord on a PC
A profile banner is a piece of artwork that you can add to your Discord account. Everyone will see it when they visit your profile, so it’s a great way to customize your experience on the app. The Discord app for PCs is designed with an attractive interface that lets you customize your account however you want.
However, Discord’s long-term goal is to make banners completely customizable for every user on the platform.
If you’re looking to add a cool banner to your account, follow these steps:
- Launch the Discord desktop app.
- Click on “User Settings” in the bottom left corner. The “User Settings” icon is shaped like a cog, right next to the microphone icon and your avatar.
- Once the settings section opens, click on “Edit profile.”
- Next, click on “Change Banner.” This will launch File Explorer to help you navigate to the folder where your new banner is saved. If you’re not on a Nitro plan, you won’t see the “Change Banner” icon. Instead, there will be a link to help you unlock Nitro and take up one of the packages on offer. All you’ll need to do is to follow the on-screen prompts and make the required payment.
- Once you’ve found the image you want, double-click on it or click on “Open” at the bottom of the File Explorer window.
- A new window will pop up, allowing you to resize or move your image to conform to Discord’s banner customization guidelines. The banner will be shaped like a circle, and you can adjust its size as you see fit. When done, click on “apply.”
- Click on “Save Changes” in the bottom left corner. If you’re not satisfied with your banner’s new look, click on “Reset” and resize your image to your satisfaction.
Et voila! You now have a new banner that stands out, showcases your creativity, and keeps other users glued to your profile.
How to Add or Change a Profile Banner in Discord on a Mac
On the surface, Discord is a voice and text chat app for gamers. However, underneath its many features lies one that makes it stand out from other chatting apps: it’s built for gamers by gamers. Mac computers are perfect for Discord because they have powerful graphics cards with excellent hardware acceleration to keep up with your gameplay.
If you want to make your Discord account stand out, a profile banner is a great way to start. To add or change a profile banner in Discord on Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the Discord desktop app and enter your credentials to sign in to your account.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner. This will open the User Settings section where you can make changes to your profile.
- Click on “Edit Profile.”
- Next, click on “Change banner” and then proceed to select the file you’d like to use as your banner.
- Once you’ve picked the image you’d like to use, you can use the on-screen controls to make further tweaks. For example, you may opt to use only a portion of the image and discard the rest.
- Click on “apply” and then click on “Save Changes” in the bottom right.
Types of Discord Profile Banners You Can Upload
There are many different types of banners that you can upload. Check them out below and choose what will work best for you:
a) Normal Pictures
Your banner can be any static image, including PNG, JPEG, and JPG files. However, it has to follow Discord’s profile banner guidelines. The recommended dimensions are 600 x 240, and the file size should be no more than 10MB. If you upload a square image, Discord’s algorithms will automatically crop it into a circular one. Thus, it’s important to edit the banner and select the portion that interests you the most before adding it to your account.
b) Animated GIFs:
Animated GIFs can be the perfect way to capture other users’ attention. You can use them to create a dynamic icon that is ever-changing, taking the idea of an avatar and expanding it far beyond simple still images. You can create your own animated GIF or download one from reliable platforms such as Giphy or Imgur.
Does the Discord Banner Replace Your Profile Avatar?
The answer is no.
Your Discord profile avatar is the image that accompanies your username. It shows up as a thumbnail in chats and DMs. Your profile banner, on the other hand, works pretty much like cover photos on Facebook. It’s a graphic that can only be seen when users visit your profile. It. Your profile banner can be anything you want- a picture of your favorite character, a meme with text on it, or just plain text.
Rejuvenate Your Discord Account
A Discord profile banner is a great way to make sure your friends know what’s happening in your life. It helps other Discord users keep up with what you’re currently playing, reading, or watching. You can pick any type of background, design, or anything you want to represent you. You could even showcase your latest painting. And the best part? The banner doesn’t have to get old. You can update it every few weeks or sooner, depending on how creative you are.
At the end of the day, make sure your profile banner is something you’re proud to show people who visit your profile as they’ll see it every time they start a conversation with you.
Have you tried adding or changing a profile banner on Discord? How did it go? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
Comments are closed.