How To Download Discord Emojis
As they are on many other social networks, emojis are a popular method of expression on Discord. They are a handy and fast way to describe your feelings without using words and add a bit of fun to your Discord chats. And if a particular emoji catches your eye, you can download it and use it on your server.
If you’re interested in learning how to download Discord emojis, we can help. This article will discuss everything you need to know about emojis on Discord, including what platforms you can use to download them.
Download Emojis From a Discord Server on a PC
If you’re using Discord on your computer and want to save an emoji, here’s what you need to do:
- Open your browser and go to the Discord website, or launch the Discord app.
- Log in to your account.
- Open the server from which you want to download an emoji.
- Locate the emoji and right-click on it.
- Press “Open image in new tab” to access the emoji ID. The emoji will now open in a separate tab.
- Right-click on the emoji again and select “Save image as.”
- Choose where you want to save the emoji. We recommend creating a separate folder with Discord emojis so that you can find them easily later on.
- Press “Save.”
Download Emojis From a Discord Server on an iPhone
Unfortunately, the Discord app for iPhones doesn’t allow you to download emojis from servers. However, you can try using your browser to access Discord and then download emojis. Keep in mind this method isn’t 100% reliable, and it may not work on your device.
Follow these instructions to download Discord emojis on iPhone:
- Open your browser and go to the Discord website.
- If you’re using iOS 13 or newer, tap the “Aa” icon on the left side of the address bar, and then tap “Request Desktop Website.” If you’re using iOS 12 or older, tap and hold the refresh arrow on the right of the address bar and select “Request Desktop Website.”
- Access the Discord server from which you want to download an emoji.
- Find the emoji and tap and hold it.
- Tap “Open in new tab.”
- Tap and hold the emoji again and select “Add to Photos… .”
- Save the emoji to the desired location.
Download Emojis From a Discord Server on an Android
The Discord mobile version doesn’t enable you to download emojis from a server. But there’s an alternative method: using your browser to access Discord in desktop mode. Unfortunately, this method doesn’t work for every Android device. If it’s not working for you, you’ll need to use the desktop version to download Discord emojis.
Here’s how you can download Discord emojis from a server on your Android phone:
- Open your browser and visit the Discord website.
- Tap the three dots at the top-right corner and press “Desktop site.”
- Go to the Discord channel from which you want to save an emoji.
- Find the emoji in question and tap and hold it.
- Tap “Open image in new tab” or “Open link,” depending on the browser you’re using.
- Save the image to the desired location.
How Do I Add Emojis to a Discord Chat?
Preloaded emojis can be added to a Discord chat on both the web and the mobile versions.
The easiest way to add an emoji to a Discord chat is using the emoji menu. Here, you can browse standard and Discord-exclusive emojis, access the recent emojis you used, etc.
If you’re using your computer for Discord, press the gray smiley face on the right side of the message box. If you’re using the mobile app, tap the smiley face on the left side of the message box.
Type the Emoji’s Name
Every emoji has a name in Discord. The name is bracketed by colons, and you can find it in the emoji menu. If you already know the name of the emoji you want to use, you can type it in the message box, and it will be sent as an emoji.
Express Yourself With the Right Emoji
If you want to express your thoughts and feelings without using words, emojis are a perfect choice. Discord enables you to use built-in emojis or upload custom ones. Whenever you see an emoji you like, you can download it and use it on another channel.
We hope this article assisted you in learning how to download Discord emojis and that you’re now an emoji expert.
Do you often use emojis on Discord? Do you download them from servers or websites? Tell us in the comments section below.