How to Edit Favorites on Roku
One of the best things about having a new gadget is making your own personal stamp on it. When you get a new smartphone, it’s just a device with an operating system. After you create passwords, change the background, select a font, and download your favorite apps, it starts feeling more like your phone.
That also goes for your Roku streaming players. Making something distinctive matters when it comes to using it and Roku allows you to personalize your viewing experience in numerous ways.
In this article, we’ll explain how to edit the favorites list. We also offer tips on how to purchase and download channels from the store.
Rearrange the Channels in Your Favorites
After you’ve purchased the channels you wanted or downloaded some of many free channels on Roku, you can personalize them. Are you wondering how to edit favorites on Roku and move them from the bottom to the front and center? They are your favorites after all, and you’ll be using them more than others. All you need is your Roku remote and a few simple steps.
- Select the channel that you’d like to move.
- Press the * on your remote and you’ll see an option menu.
- Choose “Move channel” from the option menu.
- Use the directional pad on your remote to move the channel up or down, left or right.
Now, you’ll have your top choices at the top of the screen. But, keep in in mind that this change only applies to the device you’re currently using. If you use Roku streaming service on other TVs or mobile devices, the change won’t apply.
Remove Channels From Your Favorites
Finally, you can remove the channels you no longer consider your favorites, as well as those you accidentally added to the list. With a few short and simple steps you can delete any channel from the list.
- Go to the Home Screen of your Roku player or Roku TV.
- Use the remote and find the channel you’d like to remove from the favorites.
- Press the asterisk (*) and you’ll again see the Options menu.
- Select “Remove channel” and then confirm the selection.
In case the channel you want to remove is one you’re subscribed to, you must cancel your subscription first. You’ll have to press the (*) on your remote and click the “Manage subscription” option. Then, select “Cancel subscription” and confirm it.
That’s it. The channel you no longer want will be removed from your favorites list. Editing your favorites on Roku includes rating channels, rearranging them, and removing them. You can do all that with just several clicks on your Roku remote.
How to Add Roku Channels to Your Favorites
The easiest way to go is to add channels directly from the channel store on your Roku device.
- On the Home Screen on the left, choose “Streaming Channels.” From here, it’s easy to browse and add any channels you like. There are thousands of streaming channels available.
- When you find the channel you like, highlight it with your Roku remote and choose “Add channel.”
- You will be asked to type in the pin you created during the activation of your Roku account. In case you forgot your pin, you can reset it on Roku’s website.
- You’ll be asked to confirm adding the channel, and immediately after, the channel you selected will appear on your Home screen.
If you want to add more channels, all you need to do is click back to the Channel Store. New channels appear on the bottom of your channel list.
When you open the app, select “Channel Store.” You’ll see different categories, choose one and select the channel you like by tapping on it and then just tap “Add channel.” This is where you’ll be asked for your PIN again, in case you had one set up during Roku activation.
If the channels you downloaded do not appear at the bottom of your Home Screen, make sure that your Roku device is operating on the newest system update.
You like knowing where things they want are, their exact place. You want to have your favorites ready to entertain you just as soon as you launch the Roku, and understandably so.
However, you can always change your mind and kick a channel you no longer like from the list. You’re free to browse, discover, rate, but most importantly enjoy.
Let us know what you think about Roku’s favorites feature and how easy it is to customize. Tell us all in the comments section below.