How to View Hidden Information in Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace is an excellent platform to use if you want to sell some of your unused belongings or if you’re looking to buy something. But it can also be inconvenient because the only way to contact a seller is through Facebook Messenger. After all, their personal information is hidden.
But there are ways to see hidden information on the Marketplace, and this article will show you how you can do that.
How to See Hidden Information on a Mobile App
It’s better to view the Marketplace on the mobile app when you’re looking for a certain product. You can use the Facebook app to see hidden information, and these are the steps to do that:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Select the menu icon and click on “Marketplace.”
- Find the listing you want and select “Copy Link.”
- Open the Chrome app. If you don’t have it you can download it from Google Play or the App Store.
- Click on “Paste” and then “Go.”
- Scroll down the page until you see the hidden information that should now be visible.
The following are the pros and cons of using the Marketplace on your phone:
- The information isn’t hidden.
- You can access it from anywhere.
- Difficult to find a listing unless you have it saved.
How to See Hidden Information on Your Desktop
This is a good option if you want to see the photos of the products in more detail. Open the Facebook mobile version on your desktop by following these steps:
- Go to Facebook.
- Open the menu icon.
- Choose “Marketplace.”
Opening the Facebook mobile version on your desktop opens the mobile interface that doesn’t hide seller information.
These are the pros and cons of using the Marketplace on your desktop:
- Images are much larger.
- Easier to look through a lot of listings fast.
- No one-tap contact option.
How to See Hidden Information on Your Browser
You can use this method on iPhone and Android devices, or any mobile device that has a browser installed. The instructions are:
- Open Facebook and go to the Marketplace.
- Click on the listing you want.
- Hit the three dots and then select “Copy link.”
- Open your web browser and paste the URL from Marketplace listing into the box.
You might need to log into Facebook to do this, but the hidden information should now be visible.
How to Send a Listing from Facebook on Your Desktop to Facebook on Your Phone
There are two ways to send a Marketplace listing from your computer to your mobile device. The first way is to save the post:
You can send a listing from your PC to your phone by saving the post. To do that follow these steps:
- Go to Facebook on your desktop device.
- Open the listing you want.
- Save the post by selecting the “Bookmark” icon.
- Open Facebook Marketplace on your phone.
- Tap the icon for your account (the silhouette of a person) at the top, then “Saved Items” to see the listing.
The second is to copy the link:
You can also send a listing from your PC to your phone by copying the link, to do that follow these steps:
- Copy the link of the post by tapping the “Share” icon and then selecting “Copy Link.”
- Send the link to yourself by:
- Sending it through Facebook Messenger
- Emailing it to yourself and then opening it on your mobile email app
- Send the link to someone else using the Messenger app
Contact the Seller
You can also try to contact the seller to request the hidden information. You may have to wait for a response but it would be the most accurate information and you wouldn’t have to take additional steps.
How to Hide Seller Information
If you’re a seller and want to hide seller information, this is how you do it:
- Click on “Sell.”
- Click on the items you want to sell and add the info.
- To hide your listing, tap on “Hide from Friends.”
Hide or Remove Posts
You can hide or remove content from Facebook, and even move it to your archive or trash. These are the options you have:
Hide from Timeline
When you hide something from your profile, people won’t be able to see it when they go on your page, but they may still be able to see it if the information is shared elsewhere on Facebook.
This will permanently delete your content from Facebook. Keep in mind there is no way to restore it once it’s been deleted.
Once you’ve moved your content to the archive only you can see it. You can restore things that have been archived.
When you send something to your trash, it’ll stay there for 30 days before it’s automatically deleted. Within 30 days, you can restore the content if you wish, but after 30 days, it’ll be too late to restore it.
The following instructions will tell you how to delete, trash, hide, and archive your content using the classic and updated mobile browser:
Why is there hidden information in the Marketplace?
Hiding certain information helps keep hackers and spammers from collecting it.
How do I find a hidden email address?
You need to contact the seller if their email address is hidden.
How do I get to the Marketplace?
Go to your profile icon, click the three-line menu on the bottom, and tap on the “Marketplace.”
Can you see who has viewed your items on Marketplace?
No. The Marketplace doesn’t show any information about who has viewed the items you have for sale.
Unearth Hidden Info
The Marketplace is a great way to utilize your desire to make money or purchase something you’re hoping to get your hands on. Some information is hidden to provide safety to the seller, so you need to do a little work to see that information, especially if you’re unable to reach them via Messenger.
Have you utilized Facebook Marketplace? How did you enjoy your experience? Let us know in the comments section below.