How to View Pending Friend Requests in Facebook
At some point, all Facebook users send friend requests to establish new connections. You may have found your classmate from high school on Facebook, a former colleague, or you simply like the person’s profile picture and would like to get in touch with them. Over time, the requests can pile up, and you can lose track of all the people you’ve sent them to. In this case, accessing a list of all the users you’ve asked for friendship can come a long way in managing your profile.
In this entry, we’ll show you how to see your pending requests on Facebook.
How to See Pending Friend Requests on Facebook
A simple way to see your pending friend requests is to use your web browser:
- Go to Facebook’s website and enter your login information.
- Navigate to the “Friends” section.
- Here, you’ll see all the people who have asked you for friendship. Press the “See All” option.
- Choose “View sent requests.” You’ll now get an overview of all the requests you’ve sent that haven’t been accepted yet.
How to See Pending Friend Requests on Facebook on iPhone
Take the following steps to view pending friend requests on Facebook with your iPhone:
- Open the app.
- Press the three horizontal lines in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Choose the “Friends” option.
- Press “See All” next to the “Friend Requests” section.
- Hit the three horizontal dots in the upper right part of your screen and tap the “View sent requests” option.
- Here, you’ll see all your pending friend requests.
How to See Pending Friend Requests on Facebook on Android
The process works the same on the Android version of Facebook:
- Launch Facebook and hit the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand part of your screen.
- Head to the “Friends” section. This will take you to all the requests you’ve received from other users that you haven’t deleted or accepted.
- In the upper right-hand corner, press the “See All” option right next to the “Friend Requests” area.
- In the upper right-hand corner, press the overflow menu represented by the three horizontal dots. It’s located opposite the “Requests” section.
- A tab will now emerge from the lower part of the screen. Tap the “View sent requests” options, and you’ll immediately see the users you’ve sent a friend request to.
How to See a Sent Friend Request on Facebook
Accessing your sent friend requests on Facebook is a great feature because it allows you to see all the people you’ve tried to connect with. You can then manage the list and cancel the requests, if necessary. You can do this both on your PC and mobile phone:
- Open Facebook and head to the “Friends” section. You can find it in the left-hand part or on the top of the screen on your computer, whereas you’ll need to press the overflow menu on your phone to access it.
- Press the “See All” option.
- Hit “View sent requests,” and you’re all done. All your pending friend requests will be here.
What Is a Friend Request on Facebook?
The purpose of a friend request is to connect you with other people on Facebook. Once a friend request has been dispatched, the receiving side receives a notification, and they can decide whether they wish to accept your offer or not. If the request is accepted, the user will appear on your Friends list, and you’ll gain access to their shared content, including photos and statuses.
How Do You Cancel Friend Requests on Facebook?
You can cancel your friend requests whenever you want, provided the users haven’t already accepted them. The other person doesn’t receive a notification about the cancellation anyway. However, if the user has spotted your friend request and noticed the offer, they may realize that the friend request has been canceled once it’s gone.
Here’s how to cancel your Facebook friend requests:
• Open Facebook and press the “Friends” button.
• Hit the “See All” option, followed by “View sent requests.”
• All your sent requests will be here. To cancel them, just press the “Cancel” button under the user(s).
Managing Your Friend Requests on Facebook Is a Breeze
While you may have wanted to add a Facebook user at some point, the interest may not exist any longer. The person also might not want to respond to your friend request and is simply ignoring it. Either way, now you know how to see all the users you’ve sent a Facebook friend request to.
Did you manage to find your pending friend requests? Let us know in the comments section below.