How to View Pending Friend Requests in Facebook
At some point, all Facebook users send friend requests to establish new connections. You may have found your classmate from high school on Facebook, a former colleague, or you simply like the person’s profile picture or information and would like to contact them. Over time, the requests can pile up, and you can lose track of all the people you’ve sent them to. In this case, accessing a list of all the users you’ve asked for friendship and managing it can come a long way in cleaning up your Meta Facebook data and account.
In this article, you’ll see how to view your pending sent friends requests and received ones and how to manage all of them on Facebook.
How to See/Manage Pending Facebook Friend Requests in a Browser
A simple way to see all pending friends requests you sent and received in Meta Facebook is to use your web browser. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the “Facebook website“ and select the “Friends” option in the navigational menu on the left.
- Click on “Friend Requests” under the “Friends” menu. All pending received requests appear.
- To view all pending sent friend requests, click “View sent requests.”
- You’ll now get an overview of all the requests you’ve sent that haven’t been accepted yet. To remove them, choose “Cancel Request” next to each profile.
How to See Pending Facebook Friend Requests using iOS/iPhone
Use the following steps to view pending friend requests on Facebook with your iPhone:
- Open the “Meta/Facebook” iOS app.
- Press the three horizontal lines in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Choose the “Friends” option.
- Press “See All” next to the “Friend Requests” section. This action displays all pending received friends requqests.
- Hit the three horizontal dots in the upper right part of your screen and tap the “View sent requests” option.
- Here, you’ll see all your sent friend requests that are still pending.
How to See Pending Friend Requests on Facebook on Android
The process works the same on the Android version of Facebook. In the steps to view your pending sent requests, you also get to see received ones and manage both as you see fit.
- Launch the “Facebook” app and hit the “three horizontal lines” in the upper right-hand part of your screen.
- Select “Friends.”
- Press the “See All” option in the upper right-hand corner. You’ll see all your received friends requests that are awaiting your response.
- Press the “three horizontal dots” in the upper right-hand corner.
- A tab now emerges from the lower part of the screen. Tap the “View sent requests” option.
- You now see all pending friends requests you sent and can tap the “Cancel” button for each profile as desired.
How to View Sent/Received Friends Request on the Windows Facebook App
Accessing your sent friends requests on the Windows Facebook app is an excellent feature because it allows you to see all the people you’ve tried to connect with on a larger screen. While doing that, you also get to see received pending requests. You can then manage both lists and cancel old requests as necessary.
The process to view sent and received pending Facebook friends requests (and manage them) on the Windows app is similar to using a browser. You can follow the browser steps above, but you have to maximize or enlarge the Facebook app window to get the left navigational menu. However, here’s another method serving as a fail-safe way to view sent and received Facebook Friends requests that are pending.
- Open the Windows “Facebook” app. If a “Friends requests” section appears in the top right corner, click on “See all” and skip to “Step 6.” The option may not always be there. If not, move to “Step 2.”
- Click on your “account” (profile) icon in the top right section.
- Select the profile you want to check for friends requests. Usually, you only have one.
- Click on the “Friends” tab at the top within the main window.
- Click on “Friend requests.”
- In the “Friends” menu that appears, select “Friend Requests.”
- In the “Friend Requests” menu, you can view and manage received pending requests. Otherwise, select “View sent requests” to view/manage pending ones you sent.
- All pending friend requests you sent appear in a popup frame. Click on “Cancel request” for each profile as you see fit.
While you may have wanted to add a Facebook user at some point, the interest may not exist any longer. The person also might not want to respond to your friend request and is simply ignoring it. Either way, now you know how to see all the users you’ve sent a Facebook friend request to and manage them in addition to received ones.
Facebook Friends Requests FAQs
Why did I get a second Friend request on Facebook for the same person?
A new Facebook friend request occurs for various reasons. One involves hackers/scammers who copied a friend’s profile image and data. Another could be that your friend created a second account for specific group purposes or for select people. A third reason could be because the original account got hacked.
How do you cancel Friend requests on Facebook?
You can cancel your “sent” friend requests whenever you want, provided the users haven’t already accepted them. Navigate to the friends section and find the “View sent requests” option.
The other person doesn’t receive a notification about the cancellation anyway.
To cancel (actually deny) “received” pending friends requests, the process is the same as above, except you won’t click on the “View sent requents” option. The list of recieved ones should already be there.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
One thought on “How to View Pending Friend Requests in Facebook”