How To Find Your Facebook Friends on Twitter
If you have recently decided to start using Twitter alongside other popular platforms, you might have asked yourself – how am I going to find all of my friends here?
Facebook users can find their friends on Twitter rather easily. This article will explain how.
Finding Your Facebook Friends on Twitter
For one, you can search for your friends by their names. Just type the names in Twitter’s search bar and see if you can recognize your friends. However, there’s a big downside to this method.
If you have plenty of Facebook friends and want to find them all on Twitter, you would have to search for them one by one. Not only is this time-consuming but it is also sometimes impossible to do because they might not be using their real name.
With the steps below, you can easily find all of them in a matter of minutes. This way, you will save time and locate the people that you want without breaking a sweat.
- The first thing you need to do is make a Yahoo! Mail account. In case you already have one, log in to it and proceed to the next step. If you have never used Yahoo! Mail before, you must open one. You can create your new account here. This signup process won’t take long, so you’ll be ready to move on to the next step pretty quickly.
- After you have logged into your Yahoo! Mail account, click on the Contacts option. This option is located in the top-left corner.
- Select Import Contacts from the list of displayed options. This will open a new window which contains a list of various social media platforms.
- Select Facebook from the previously mentioned window. A popup window will appear where you’ll need to log in to your Facebook account. After you’ve done that, you will be asked to confirm your choice. Simply press OK to continue.
- Wait for a few minutes for your Facebook contacts to be imported to your Yahoo! Mail account. You will know that all of your contacts were uploaded successfully once you see the Congratulations message. Click on Done to finish this step.
- That’s all that you need to do with your Yahoo! Mail account. Now, log in to your Twitter account.
- Scroll down and click on the Twitter Importer feature. By clicking on this feature, you will be redirected to another page where you will be able to find your friends.
- After that, click on the Search Contacts button. This button is located next to the Yahoo! Mail icon.
- Yahoo! Mail will then load. Once the loading process has finished, click on Agree. This will import all your Yahoo! contacts to your Twitter account.
As you can see, we have used Yahoo! Mail as a middleman for finding your Facebook friends on Twitter.
Don’t Entirely Rely on This Method
What you need to be aware of is the fact that this method probably won’t find all of your Facebook friends on Twitter. There are a few “constraints” that you should keep in mind.
- You will only be able to find friends that already have a Twitter account. This one is pretty logical, but people sometimes get confused, so it’s worth mentioning.
- Whether or not you’ll find your Facebook friends on Twitter entirely depends on the privacy settings that they have set on Facebook. If their profile is completely locked, you probably won’t find them on Twitter this way.
- This method allows you to only find your personal Facebook friends. You won’t be able to find your friend’s friends using this method.
- If one of your Facebook friends has used a different email address to register on Twitter, you also won’t be able to find them using this method.
In case there is someone that you couldn’t find using this method, try searching for them using Twitter’s search bar. Of course, it’s better to first ask your friend if they have a Twitter account just to be sure.
Find Out Who Unfollowed You on Twitter
Now that you have started following a bunch of your Facebook friends and they have hopefully followed you back, it could be hard to if some of them have unfollowed you for whatever reason. Well, there is a way to easily find out who has unfollowed you and when.
All you need to do is use the Who.Unfollowed.Me website. Click on Start Tracking Unfollowers and log into your Twitter account. From there, you will be able to see who still follows you and who doesn’t anymore. You will also be able to see when they stopped following you, so you might also be able to determine their reasons. For example, you may have made a remark they find offensive or shared a political view they strongly disagree with.
Over to You
Do you know of some other way to find your Facebook friends on Twitter? What advice would you give to people who are new to Twitter? Share your tips in the comments below.