How To Find Your Wallet Addresses in Coinbase
Coinbase is a relatively easy-to-use cryptocurrency exchange platform with many handy features. However, some users may struggle to get their wallet addresses. They’re a combination of letters and numbers that the platform issues to users so that they can complete transactions successfully. Fortunately, regardless of your device, there’s a way to resolve this issue.
Keep reading to learn more about Coinbase wallet addresses.
How to Find Your Coinbase Wallet Addresses on a PC
You need a wallet address to receive crypto or NFTs on a Coinbase account. It acts similarly to an email address and is sometimes called a Public Key. When accessing the platform through your PC, follow the steps below to create a Public Key:
- Launch coinbase through your web browser and type your login information if prompted.
- Navigate to “Crypto addresses.”
- Click on the “Create new address” option.
All addresses you make will remain permanently tied to your user account. There’s no limit on how many addresses you’re allowed to generate.
In case you forget your wallet address, don’t panic. Coinbase stores that information, and you can access it whenever you want to initiate a new transaction. Here’s what you need to do to find your wallet address:
- Open Coinbase and sign in to your profile account.
- Head to “Crypto addresses.”
- Find the “Assets” section and click any cryto to generate a QR code for different types of cryptocurrency.
- Press “All Assets” in the top part of the desktop window when you want to select a new cryptocurrency.
Don’t be surprised if Coinbase displays multiple wallet addresses connected to your account. You can use all of them to receive bitcoin. Sometimes a specific address is associated with one type of crypto, so make sure you’ve found the appropriate information before initiating an exchange.
How to Find Your Coinbase Wallet Addresses on an iPhone
Coinbase has developed fairly responsive mobile apps that take the hassle out of buying and selling crypto. When another user wants to exchange NFTs or crypto, you must send them your wallet address. Here’s how you can do so on your iPhone:
- Launch Coinbase from your home screen.
- Go to “Crypto addresses.”
- Tap the “Create new address” option.
The platform will record every address you create.
Since users can create unlimited wallet addresses, it may be challenging to remember them. The good news is that you can find them quickly through the app. Here’s how to do so:
- Launch Coinbase from the home screen and click on the Home tab.
- Select the asset in the lower end of the screen to open a list of available assets.
- Press the currency you want to receive.
- After selecting the asset, you should see a QR code and corresponding wallet address.
- The sender needs to scan the code to initiate a transaction. Or, press the “Copy” or “Send address” button to send them the information.
You might sometimes see wallet addresses you don’t remember generating. Each Coinbase transaction is done through a new address. The more you use the app, the more Public Keys will be connected to your account. It’s best to attach a label to each address so that you don’t forget which crypto they’re tied to.
How to Find Your Coinbase Wallet Addresses on an Android Device
It’s also possible to get a wallet address on your Android device. The below instructions will guide you through the process:
- Open Coinbase from the home screen.
- Navigate to “Crypto addresses.”
- Press the “Create new address” option.
Since you can have multiple Public Keys linked to your account, it’s essential to know where to find them. Here’s how to locate a wallet address quickly:
- Open the app and go to the Home tab.
- Scroll to the lower end of the screen and tap the asset to open a list of options.
- Choose the currency you wish to receive.
- A QR code and corresponding wallet address will appear.
- To start an exchange, the sender should scan the QR code. If that’s not possible, click on “Copy” or “Send address” to share the information with them.
You’ll probably see multiple addresses because Coinbase usually makes a new Key for every new transaction.
How to Find Your Coinbase Wallet Addresses on an iPad
While some crypto exchange apps are compatible with only iPhones and Android smartphones, you can get a wallet address on Coinbase using your iPad. Here’s how it works:
- Launch the app and go to “Crypto addresses.”
- Click on “Create new address.”
You’ll likely complete numerous transactions if you plan on making a name for yourself in the crypto world. You might think it’s impossible to remember your wallet address since the platform issues a new one for each exchange. But you can find that information through your iPad app.
- Open Coinbase and head to the Home tab.
- Go to the bottom of the interface and click on the asset to view the list of options.
- Tap the asset you want to receive.
- The app will generate a QR code and wallet address.
- Let the sender scan the code to begin the transaction. Or, tap “Send address” or “Copy” to share the address with them.
Keep Track of Your Address
Cryptocurrency is a relatively new phenomenon, and some users may find it challenging to send or receive assets on apps like Coinbase. Fortunately, receiving cryptocurrency only takes a few seconds when you generate a wallet address. Also, when you can’t remember your address, you can find it through your PC, iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
Have you made a wallet address before? If so, on which device? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.