Forgot your Voicemail Password? Here’s How To Reset the Password
Most smartphones come with voicemail support, allowing you to always keep in touch with friends, family, and business associates. However, when we have to remember several codes for unlocking different devices, it’s easy to forget the voicemail passcode.
Luckily, there are methods to bypass this issue and regain access to your voicemail inbox. Continue reading to learn what to do when you forget your voicemail password.
Forgot Voicemail Password on an iPhone
The iPhone has a built-in feature that allows users to adjust their voicemail settings. That means that you can reset your password without reaching out to your phone carrier or installing third-party software. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch your iPhone’s “Settings” app and scroll to the bottom to find the “Phone” option.
- Select “Change Voicemail Password.”
- The action will generate a keypad. Enter your new password and ensure it contains between 4-10 digits.
- Press “Done” to record the passcode change when you’ve completed the task.
- Enter the new passcode to activate it and ensure it’s correct.
- Click the “Done” button.
Now, you can use the new password to check your iPhone voicemail.
Forgot Voicemail Password for AT&T
AT&T allows both Android and iPhone users to reset their voicemail passwords through the carrier’s website or their mobile devices.
AT&T’s Android users don’t have to contact support or go to the website to reset a Voicemail password. If you use AT&T’s visual voicemail, follow these steps to reset the code:
- Open AT&T’s visual voicemail app and tap on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Change Voicemail Password.
An effective way to upgrade the passcode is by visiting AT&T’s website. Here’s how to do it:
- Head to the MyAT&T Login page and log into your account. Then, scroll down to the device needing a new Voicemail password. Click Manage Device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap
- Tap Yes.
Now, AT&T will send you a new voicemail code via text. Note: Be sure to select the correct phone in step one, otherwise you may reset the wrong password.
Once you have this temporary passcode, you can change it to something more personal and secure.
Forgot Voicemail Password for Verizon
After several incorrect passcode attempts, Verizon users will get locked out of their voicemail inbox. However, the carrier has several ways to help you unlock your inbox and reach your voicemail.
First, you can resort to the Verizon mobile app. Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the app, as this method will be ineffective without the necessary updates. To reset your password through the Verizon app:
- Launch the app on your device.
- Pick “More” in the bottom-right of the interface and select “Settings.”
- The app might ask you to verify your identity by entering your device password, using fingerprint unlock, or Face ID.
- Tap “Manage voicemail password” under the “Security” tab.
- Type the required details in the appropriate fields and hit the “Update” button.
- Enter your new code. It should be 4-7 digits long. Do not use repeating or consecutive numbers.
- Confirm the passcode to activate it.
The Verizon app is compatible with Android 5.0 or newer tablets and iOS 11.0 or later devices.
If your mobile device is running on an earlier edition of these operating systems, you can reach Verizon by phone. Making this call is free of charge. To reset your password via call:
- Call 611 from your phone’s dialer. You can also call (800) 922-0204.
- You may be asked to provide identifying information. In that case, enter the requested details.
- When asked why you are calling, respond with “Reset voicemail password.”
- You will receive instructions on how to change your passcode.
Follow the provided steps to finish the action.
Forgot Voicemail Password for T-Mobile
If you’re a T-Mobile customer you can use star codes to reset your Voicemail password. Fortunately, this is a quick and painless method and you don’t have to talk to any customer service representatives to reset your password.
To use the star code, do this:
- Open your phone’s dialer app and type #793#.
- Hit the Call button.
- Wait for the prompts.
This will reset your voicemail password to the last four digits of your phone number.
Third-Party Voicemail Apps
If you’ve forgotten the voicemail password for your Android device, you’ll need to contact your phone carrier to reset it and regain access to your voice messages. Fortunately, most carriers offer several ways to resolve the issue. You can reset your passcode even if you’ve forgotten the current password via their mobile app, website, or reaching out to customer support.
However, if you’re in a hurry to get to your voice messages, you can use your PC or laptop to go through them. This option is available to Android users who have installed a voicemail app to access the messages through the web. The YouMail app is built on software that organizes your voicemail on your Android tablet and PC. If you’ve installed the app, forgetting the passcode won’t cut off your access to the voice messages. To view the voicemail inbox on your PC:
- Open your browser and go to the YouMail website.
- Tap the “Sign In” option and enter your account information to log in.
- Navigate to the “Recent Messages” tab to see new voicemails. You can forward, delete, and replay these messages directly from your web browser.
Until you upgrade your voicemail password, the web version of YouMail is an effective way to manage your voice messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve included this section to answer more questions about your Voicemail password.
What do I do if I never set a Voicemail password?
If you never set a password don’t worry. The default Voicemail password is the last seven digits or the last four digits of your phone number depending on your carrier. Input the phone number without the area code and you should gain access to your voicemails.
Of course, if that doesn’t work, follow the corresponding tutorial above.
Can I turn off my Voicemail password?
If you take advantage of your carriers Visual Voicemail you should need to input your password every time you check your messages. However, it can be quite tedious typing the numerical codes each time your call your Voicemail.
Unfortunately, Verizon customers can’t disable the password. But, you can call Verizon’s support team for help saving the code so you no longer need to input it when checking your messages.
T-Mobile customers will have a password, but you don’t have to input it when calling from your T-Mobile phone unless you block outgoing calls.
AT&T customers can disable their Voicemail passcode by calling Voicemail (hold down 1 in the dialer). Tap the * key if you have messages to go to the main menu. Then, tap 4. Press 2 for Administrative Options followed by 1 for Password Options. Finally, press 2 to turn off your voicemail password.
How do I access my Voicemail from another phone?
You can call your phone number (including the area code) from another phone and check your voicemail. But, you will need to know your Voicemail password to retrieve your messages.
If you’re using T-Mobile or AT&T, call your phone. When the “Leave a Voicemail” messages plays, tap the * key. Input your Voicemail passcode.
If you use VerIzon, call your phone and wait for the voicemail message to play. Then, tap the # key. Now you can input your Voicemail passcode and listen to your messages.
Keep Your Voicemail Box Always Unlocked
Your mobile device’s voicemail feature is an essential tool in strengthening your communication with other people. That’s why you must have access to it at all times. Even when you forget your password, you can use your Samsung device or iPhone to get a temporary code. Alternatively, the carrier’s app or website will guide you through resetting your passcode.
Have you ever been locked out of your voicemail box? Which method did you use to resolve the problem? Let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
30 thoughts on “Forgot your Voicemail Password? Here’s How To Reset the Password”