How To Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact
Tough fights are a fact of life in Genshin Impact. Sometimes you can get to a Statue to revive a fallen party member or get a health boost, but that’s not feasible in the middle of battle. What’s a Traveler to do?
The cooking mechanic can help give Genshin Impact players an edge in the middle of a boss fight. Before you can use a recipe, though, you’re going to need to turn those wilderness resources into viable cooking ingredients.
Keep reading to find out more about gathering and processing resources into cooking ingredients in Genshin Impact. Discover why unleashing your culinary genius at a campfire is vital to unleashing your combat prowess in battle.
How to Get Ingredients in Genshin Impact
You can buy some ingredients like milk from Monstadt’s General Goods Shop or Liyue Harbor’s Second Life, but you’ll need to forage in the wild for most of them. Teyvat is full of resources ready to process into cooking ingredients like:
- Flowers and mushrooms – found in the wilderness
- Fish – found in most bodies of water like rivers, oceans, and sometimes at the bottom of waterfalls
- Birds – found all over Teyvat and may be shot with a bow or hit with a sword
Breaking crates in enemy camps and dungeons may also yield a bounty of both common and rare cooking resources.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact
Gathering resources in the wilds of Teyvat is the first step towards making a dish in the game. Many of those resources, though, need additional refinement before you can use them in a recipe. Fortunately, the cooking mechanics in the game make it simple to both process ingredients and cook recipes in one place.
All you’ll need is a cookfire to get started. You can find them out in the wild, at camps, or even use restaurant cookfires in town. Check out the steps below to start the process:
- Approach a (lit) cookfire and interact with it to open the cooking menu. If you happen across an unlit fire, equip a party member with Pyro skills (usually Amber) and light the fire underneath. Once the fire is lit, you’ll be able to interact with it to open the menu.
- The menu automatically opens the “Recipes” tab. Select the “Processing” tab or the tab with the chili pepper icon to open the processing menu.
- Select the item you’d like to process. Make sure you have enough of the required ingredients before selecting them by checking out the information window for the item.
- Press the “Cook” button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
You can wait until the item finishes processing, but some ingredients take a while in real-world time. While waiting a minute for flour to process may be feasible, the three minutes for sausage may not. In that case, you can exit out of the menu and continue with your adventuring. You’ll receive a notification when your ingredients are finished processing and you can pick them up at any cookfire in Teyvat.
List of Processed Items
Processed ingredients are typically used in complex recipes. Ingredients you can process in the cooking menu include:
- Cheese (3 Milk)
- Butter (2 Milk)
- Cream (1 Milk)
- Sugar (2 Sweet Flowers)
- Flour (1 Wheat)
- Ham (2 Raw Meat + 1 Salt)
- Jam (3 Sunsettia + 2 Berries + 1 Sugar)
- Sausage (3 Raw Meat)
- Bacon (2 Raw Meat + 2 Salt)
- Crab Roe (4 Crab)
- Smoked Fowl (3 Fowl + 1 Salt)
How to Process Ingredients?
Processing ingredients are relatively simple in Genshin Impact. The folks at miHoyYo have standardized the way that you process ingredients in-game, regardless of the platform.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact on PC?
To process ingredients, you simply need to interact with a lit cooking fire or follow these steps:
- Press “F” to interact with the fire and open the cooking menu.
- Select the “Processing” tab or the tab with the chili pepper icon.
- Choose the item(s) you wish to process.
- Press the “Cook” button located in the lower corner of the screen.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact on the iPhone
The same steps are used to process ingredients across the different platforms. Here is how to get started on iOS:
- Walk up to a lit cooking fire and interact with it to open the cooking menu.
- Choose the “Processing” tab or the tab with the chili pepper icon.
- Select items to process.
- Select the “Cook” button located near the bottom of the screen.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact on an Android Device
Processing ingredients follow the same steps, regardless of the platform. You’ll need a lit cook fire, though. Once you find one, this is how you process ingredients:
- Interact with the cook fire.
- In the cooking menu, select the “Processing” tab near the top of the screen.
- Choose the item(s) you want to process.
- Near the bottom of the screen is the “Cook” button. Press it when you’re ready to begin processing ingredients.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact on a PS4
Processing ingredients in Genshin Impact is as easy as “1-2-3!” Simply walk up to your nearest lit cook fire and interact with it to start processing ingredients.
- In the cooking menu, go to the “Processing” menu tab to the right of the current tab. It’s the one with the chili pepper icon.
- Browse through the available ingredient thumbnails and select the item(s) to process.
- When you’re ready to begin processing, select the “Cook” button near the bottom corner of the screen.
How to Process 3 Ingredients in Genshin Impact
The “Process 3 Ingredients” quest is obtained from the Adventurer’s Handbook early in the game. The game is preparing you to use available cookfires and recipes regularly as you explore Teyvat, and processing ingredients is one integral piece of the cooking puzzle.
To process three ingredients, you can:
- Go to a cooking pot with a lit fire like the one outside Monstadt.
- Interact with it to open the cooking menu.
- Select the chili pepper icon tab to open the processing menu options.
- Select an item to process, but make sure you have the resources to process it.
- Press the “Cook” button near the bottom of the screen.
- (optional) Use the slider to process multiple items.
- Wait for the processing time to complete or come back to any cook pot to pick up your processed items later.
- (optional) Repeat steps 1-5 two more times if you did not choose to process multiple items.
If you’re new to processing and cooking, you’ll want to pick the simplest items to process like sugar or flour. Sugar only requires two Sweet Flowers, and they grow in abundance in the Teyvat wilds. Flour requires only one Wheat unit, but you can only find it via looting crates or buying it from the General Goods store in town.
Where do I find herbs in Genshin Impact?
Most herbs are found in the Teyvat wilderness. The exact locations to harvest them depend on the type of herb.
For example, in the “Herbalist’s Forage” request found in Liyue, you’ll need three Violetgrass, one of eight ingredients classified as “Liyue Local Speciality” items. They’re only found in – you guessed it – Liyue. More specifically, Violetgrass grows on cliffs in the Liyue region.
Other herb specialties of the region include:
• Cor Lapis – near Mt. Hualo, under the cliffs
• Qingxin – near Guyun Stone Forest and Jueyun Karst, in high altitudes
• Silk Flower – near Liyue Harbor and Wanghsu Inn, it grows in the wild
The “Herbalist’s Forage” request also mentions needing Mint and Sweet Flowers. Both are found throughout the world space of the game. Mint grows in grassy areas while Sweet Flowers grow virtually anywhere or can be purchased from Flora in Monstadt.
What can you make with milk in Genshin Impact?
You can process milk to make butter, cheese, and cream in the cooking menu at any cook pot. All three of these ingredients are required for a variety of complex recipes in the game.
How long does it take to process sugar in Genshin Impact?
Sugar takes three minutes (real-time) to fully process. If you’re processing multiple items, the processing time does not combine; it stacks. If you’re processing three sugars at a time, it will take nine minutes total for all three to complete and be available for pick up.
How do I get more recipes in Genshin Impact?
As of update 1.6, there are a total of 68 recipes in the game. Nine of those recipes are given to you near the start of the game. However, if you want more, you’ll have to search them out. They’re typically found in chests and given as rewards for completing domain challenges, city reputation tasks, and quests. You may also buy recipes from town restaurants.
Always Have Something Processing
It’s tempting to leave off processing until you need a particular ingredient, but how often have you found yourself in a bind mid-combat? Having the right delicious dish can give you that vital edge in battle, but you can’t prepare complex dishes beforehand if you don’t have the right ingredients. If you get into the habit of dropping off items regularly at a cookfire, you’ll always have the ingredients you need for those important dishes.
Which processed ingredients do you always have on-hand? Tell us about it in the comments section below.