How to Find Genshin Impact Secret Chests: A Map & Location List
Combat may take center stage in Genshin Impact, but beyond those beautiful weapons and exciting elemental explosions is a whole world to explore. Chests litter the Teyvat landscape, from within enemy camps to forgotten ruins, rewarding players with everything from Primogems and Sigils to Weapons and Artifacts.
The most coveted chests of all, though, are the Luxurious ones. These hidden beauties are an intrepid treasure hunter’s dream, filled with loads of Adventure EXP, Sigils, Primogems, and of course, Mora.
Unfortunately, when they spawn, they’re very well hidden, so if you’re on a personal quest to collect them all, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to discover the hidden locations of secret Luxurious Chests in Genshin Impact.
The Secret Luxurious Chest Locations in Genshin Impact
You can usually find a Luxurious Chest as a reward for solving its respective puzzle or completing a world quest in the game. However, some Luxurious Chest locations are so well hidden that you need to explore every inch of the map methodically, rely on luck, or use a guide to find them – and sometimes, you need to do all three.
The developers at miHoYo are constantly adding new Luxurious Chest locations with each new region and event, so this is a constantly evolving list. As of update 1.4, though, there were 70 Luxurious Chests in Genshin Impact. Given that version 2.4 recently came out, there are even more Luxurious Chests to discover.
Finding Luxurious Chests may not be the first thing on your mind when you start the game, but the town of Monstadt has its fair share if you’re willing to look. The next time you’re in town, try these places:
- Monstadt Cathedral Tower at the top
- Stormterror’s Lair Tower at the top
- Knights of Favonius Tower at the top
- Cecilia Garden; walk northwest of it and look for the Eye of the Storm guarding it
- Somewhere on the Hidden Island, east of Starsnatch Cliff
- Stormbearer Mountains Waterfall, underneath
Monstadt Quest/Puzzle-Related Luxurious Chests
Upon occasion, you’ll receive a Luxurious Chest as a reward for completing a quest or puzzle. Here are the puzzles and quests that give Luxurious Chests:
- Completion of Archon Quest “For a Tomorrow Without Tears – Hidden Tears”
- Jog around the Barbatos Statue
- Complete Ascension Quest at AR 25, AR 35, AR 45, and AR 50 (one chest per completed quest)
- Next to the Teleport Waypoint, northwest of Dawn Winery, follow the 3 Seelies home
- Finish the “Break the Sword Cemetery Seal” quest
- Bennett’s Hangout Event (with Ending #6)
Monstadt Shrines of Depths Locations
There are approximately 10 of these shrines littered across each region; however, you’ll need ten keys to access them. Completing specific quests like world quests and Archon quests can help yield these necessary keys.
Reaching specific Adventure Ranks and completing Domains can also yield the required keys.
- Starsnatch Cliff, go a little northeast from the Midsummer Courtyard
- Anemo Hypostasis, southwest
- Dadaupa Gorge, west
- Southeast of the Temple of the Lion and North of Dadaupa Gorge
- The Temple of the Lion
- Dawn Winery Statue of the Seven, northeast
- Springvale Teleport Waypoint, east
- Brightcrown Canyon Teleport Waypoint, southeast
- Cecilia Garden, south
- Wrymrest Valley Teleport Waypoint, northwest
(Monstadt Region) Locations
Dragonspine is technically a part of the Monstadt region, but it was released separately, and many players regard it as a separate area altogether.
- Go to Wrymrest Valley, south of the location on the broken tower
- Entombed City – Ancient Palace Teleport Point, east of location; melt the ice to access
- Starglow Cavern Teleport Waypoint; offer flowers to access
- Snow-Covered Path Teleport Point, east
- Entombed City – Ancient Palace Statue of the Seven, in a cave south of location (receive three chests)
- Starglow Cavern Teleport Waypoint, southwest
- Entombed City – Outskirts Teleport Waypoint, north
- In front of the Peak of Vindagnyr, complete the “Thaw All the Shards Out Again” quest
- Entombed City – Ancient Palace Statue of Seven, southeast of location; defeat The Great Snowboar King
- Completion of the “Ragged Record Scrolls” puzzle
- Wyrmrest Valley Teleport Waypoint, southwest of location; defeat the Frostarm Lawachurl
Liyue is a relatively new location in Genshin Impact, but there aren’t many Luxurious Chests located inside the port city.
- Up a ladder in Liyue Port, where you first arrive
- Wuwang Hill, to the west of the Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula, beside a tree
- The Domain of Guyun, to the east, on top of a pirate ship
- Liyue Harbor Teleport Waypoint, east of location, back of a luxurious ship
Liyue Shrines of Depths Locations
As with Monstatdt, there are ten shrines and ten keys required to access the shrines.
You obtain keys the same way via completing one-time Domains, completing specific quests, and attaining certain Adventure Ranks.
- Wuwang Hill Teleport Point, north
- Mingyun Village Teleport Point, northeast
- Stone Gate Teleport Point, east
- Near Lingju Pass and south of the Domain of the Wayward Path
- Guyun Stone Forest, southwest of the Domain of Guyun
- Dunyu Ruins Teleport Point, east
- Mt. Aozang Teleport Point, northeast
- Nantianmen Teleport Point, northeast
- Mt. Aozang, Clear Pool and Mountain Cavern Domain, southeast
- Mt. Aozang, Clear Pool and Mountain Cavern Domain Teleport Point, south
Liyue Region Quests and Puzzle Locations for Luxurious Chests
One of the biggest challenges of exploring this region is the sheer number of puzzles and quests to complete. Luxurious Chests are there for the taking, though, if you dare.
- The Domain of Guyun, southwest of location; defeat Ruin Guards
- Complete the world quest “The Chi of Guyun,” then go north of Qingce Village
- Qingyun Peak Teleport Waypoint, the floating island above the location
- Yaoguang Shoal, east of location on an island
- Liyue Harbor Teleport Point, northwest of the location, on a hill
- Dunyu Ruins puzzle completion (receive three chests)
- Completion of “The Illumiscreen III” quest (receive three chests)
- “Trails in Qianqiu” quest, Tianqiu Valley puzzle completion (receive four chests)
- Qingxu Pool; complete the puzzle
- Lingju Pass, “And This Treasure Goes To…” quest completion
- “Treasure Lost, Treasure Found” quest completion
- “Luhua Landscape” quest completion
- Cuijue Slope, “Nine Pillars of Peace” quest completion
Inazuma Luxurious Chests Locations
The Inazuma region was recently introduced in update 2.0, but players only have access to three of the region’s six islands – at least so far. The developers will probably give players access to more of the area with subsequent updates, but until then, check out the known Luxurious Chest locations for the region.
Inazuma Region Locations
To unlock one of the Luxurious Chests of the region, you need to travel across the islands to various locations and defeat all Ikawara Swordsmen. There are seven in total, but completing this “quest” only yields one chest.
Besides this unnamed quest, there are 19 more known Luxurious Chest locations across Inazuma’s three unlocked islands:
- Musoujin Gorge, completion of “Touch the Sword Hilt” Seelie puzzle
- Read four “Lost Text” items and visit Fort Mumei
- Shrine of Depths, southeast of Serpent’s Head
- Shrine of Depths, west of Jakotsu Mine
- Byakko Plains, along the eastern coastline on the beach
- Byakko Plains, Konda Village; complete “A Strange Story in Konda” quest
- Araumi, south, inside the broken tower
- Araumi Underground Teleport Waypoint, the area with Perpetual Mechanical Array
- Mt. Yougou; solve relay stone puzzle
- Mt. Yougou, below Sakura Shrine at the base; use Memento Lens on Earth Kitsune statuette
- Shrine of Depths, on an island northeast of Narukami Island
- Shrine of Depths, southeast of Chinju Forest
- Violet Court; destroy all pots on the island
- Kujou Encampment; complete electro Seelie puzzle
- Locate three “Keys to Some Place” to open Arsenal Gate
- Tatarasuna Teleport Waypoint, edge of the cliff
- Northside of the island along the beach; complete three Seelie puzzles
- Shrine of Depths, below cliff’s edge, south end
- Shrine of Depths, below cliff’s edge, north end
Do Chests Respawn in Genshin Impact?
Certain types of chests – like those tied to quests and Events – do not respawn. Precious Chests don’t respawn, either. However, other chests like Common, Exquisite, and Luxurious ones do. Respawn time depends on the chest’s rarity.
Calling All Treasure Hunters
It’s easy to get caught up in that never-ending list of quests to complete, but every once and a while, you need to get out there and explore Teyvat. You never know the wonders (and dangers) you’ll encounter. Remember that Genshin Impact rewards the brave – and the patient – generously with a wealth of money and resources. It’s up to you, though, to take up the challenge.
Have you found all the known Luxurious Chests? Which ones were the hardest to locate? Tell us about it in the comments section below.