How to Get Approved for Options in Robinhood
Robinhood provides a rich trading experience, with a wide array of assets to buy and sell. In addition to exchange-traded funds, cryptocurrency, and other great items, you can also qualify for various levels of options trading. Best of all, the app doesn’t charge any investment fees, making it accessible to a large customer base. However, getting approved for options is governed by a specific set of rules, and you’re about to find out all about them.
This entry will give you all the details on how to qualify for options on Robinhood.
How to Get Approved for Options on Robinhood?
You’ll need to disclose several details if you want to trade options on Robinhood. Here’s what the app generally requires:
- Your investment objectives
- Investment knowledge and experience
- Financial data (e.g., income)
Once you’ve submitted the necessary information, Robinhood assesses it and decides whether or not to approve you for options trading. The platform evaluates if you’re eligible for certain levels of trading, depending on your information. If you obtain a level two designation, you’ll be able to execute three types of trades:
- Cash-covered puts
- Covered calls
- Long puts and long calls
Customers who want to engage in level-three options trading also undergo a thorough evaluation. Robinhood determines if you’re eligible according to the previously mentioned criteria (investment objectives, experience, income, etc.). Once the assessment is complete and you get approved for level-three trading, you can perform all level-two operations, plus the following trades:
- Credit spreads
- Iron butterflies
- Iron condors
How to Enable Options in Robinhood?
Enabling options in Robinhood is relatively straightforward:
- Press the “Account” button in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Hit “Settings.”
- Head to the “Options Trading” section.
- Click the “Enable” button.
- Answer the questions about your investment experience, knowledge, and other relevant details.
You can then start placing your options trades:
- Navigate to the upper-right part of your screen and press the magnifying glass.
- Find the stock you’ll include in your options trading.
- Click or tap the stock’s name.
- Press the “Trade” button in the lower-right part of your stock’s “Detail” section.
- Choose “Trade Options.”
How to Get Quickly Approved for Options?
The quickest way to get approved for options on Robinhood is to provide positive answers to the questions asked when you first enable options trading. In ideal circumstances, you’ll already have plenty of experience trading stocks and options. You should also have a high risk-tolerance factor to improve your eligibility.
Otherwise, engaging in options training without any knowledge will very likely lead to failed investments. That’s why accumulating experience should be your top priority before starting to trade options.
Now let’s take a look at some more useful info about Robinhood options trading.
Can You Get Robinhood on PC?
Another great thing about Robinhood is that you can use it on your PC, and not just on your mobile phone. The computer version is a wise choice for many reasons. You don’t have to worry about overcharging your phone when using the app or being disturbed by phone calls.
Plus, you’ll reap all the benefits of a full-screen experience with a mouse and keyboard. Moreover, the app is easy to install, set up, and the controls are intuitive.
Is Robinhood Good for Options Trading?
Robinhood can be an excellent choice for options trading. On the one hand, Robinhood is one of the few brokers that don’t charge you per-contract fees. This makes the platform very accessible, even if you don’t have a lot of startup capital.
On the other hand, the platform can get increasingly laggy when you hold multiple options. At a certain point, you can experience so many issues that your app gets reconnected once every few minutes.
Furthermore, Robinhood liquidates all positions at 3:00 PM ET on the market. Sudden volatility at that time can lead to significant value loss when liquidated. Most traders are affected by this since they usually don’t have enough margin for the execution.
Does Robinhood Charge Any Fees?
Robinhood’s mission is to cut as many fees as possible. As a result, the app doesn’t charge the following cash management fees:
• Maintenance – Opening, closing, or maintaining your brokerage account isn’t subject to fees.
• In-network ATM usage – Provided you go to an ATM in the MoneyPass or Allpoint network, you won’t be charged any fees. However, using a different ATM provider can result in fees that you won’t be reimbursed for.
• Inactive account – You won’t face fees for the lack of activity in your account.
• Foreign transaction – There are no fees for making debit card purchases abroad. Your Mastercard automatically converts currencies at a selected rate. While Robinhood doesn’t charge any foreign transaction fees, you may be charged a conversion fee by a foreign ATM operator or merchant if you complete a foreign transaction in US dollars or withdraw money.
• Transfer – You can transfer money between your account and bank without any fees on Robinhood.
• Card replacement – In case your card gets stolen, damaged, or lost, Robinhood will send you a new one for free.
How Do You Get Level 3 Options on Robinhood Trading?
You need to have adequate experience in trading options to qualify for level-three options trading. If the app notifies you that you need more experience, you’ll be able to re-apply once you’ve made a bit more trades.
Bear in mind that you also need a certain level of risk tolerance if you wish to engage in level-three options trading on Robinhood.
Why Can’t I Trade Options on Robinhood?
If you can’t start trading options on Robinhood, you need to make sure that you’ve actually enabled the feature:
1. Navigate to the top-right part of your display and hit the “Account” button.
2. Choose “Settings” and go to your “Options Trading” section.
3. Press “Enable.”
4. Provide information about your investment knowledge and other factors.
The final step brings us to another reason why you may not be able to trade options: the app may decide that you don’t possess enough knowledge to trade options. You’ll be notified about this, and you can start working on your skills right away.
Should You Day Trade Cryptocurrency on Robinhood?
Robinhood is a decent choice for day-trading cryptocurrency. The app doesn’t require you to have a hefty portfolio to make over five intraday trades every week. Since the crypto market is always open, you can trade whenever you want. This freedom makes crypto trading on Robinhood very enticing, especially if you’re a beginner.
However, Robinhood only lets its customers bet on crypto’s price. Some other websites, such as Coinbase, let you buy Bitcoin and other currencies for later use.
Therefore, if you’re only planning on trading crypto as a form of investment, there’s no going wrong with Robinhood. Nevertheless, you might also need the ability to send your purchased crypto to your friends, buy goods, or use it in blockchain projects.
What Is Robinhood Investing App?
Robinhood is a free trading platform that lets you trade stocks, exchange-traded funds, options, and cryptocurrency for free. Initially, Robinhood was one of the few brokers that offered free trading. The app provides both mobile and web investing opportunities. Some of its most significant advantages include:
• The ability to invest any amount – You can choose how many funds you wish to invest, whether in dollars or shares.
• Building balanced portfolios – Customers can customize their portfolios with different funds and companies to cut risk.
• Real-time trading – You gain access to share prices since trades submitted throughout market hours are executed at the same time.
Get Your Options Journey Underway
If you want to make the most of your investment efforts, you may want to consider broadening your portfolio and trading in more than stocks. Buying and selling options on Robinhood allow you to profit on a variety of stock market outcomes, which can yield lucrative rewards.
Of course, you’ll first need to gain enough experience to get approved for options trading on this terrific platform. Afterward, it all comes down to seizing your opportunities and making smart investments.
Have you started trading options on Robinhood? Were you able to make a profit? Is the process simpler or more complicated than on other platforms? Tell us in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
Comments are closed.