How to Change the Language in Fortnite
Fortnite took the world by storm. After becoming one of the most popular multiplayer battle arena games ever, it quickly became a worldwide phenomenon. Thanks to the game’s popularity, Fortnite’s developer, Epic Games, introduced over time many languages that you can play this game in.
If you want to change the language in Fortnite, it will take just a couple of clicks or taps and that’s it. Unfortunately, the problem arises when you accidentally switch to a language you are unfamiliar with. Just imagine if a native English speaker were to be reading Chinese or Arabic. Luckily, it is rather easy to get out of the mess.
How to Change the Language in Fortnite on an Android Device
Changing the game language in Fortnite is a pretty simple thing to do on Android devices. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Start Fortnite on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- When it loads, you will see the game’s home screen.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen. The three horizontal bars are commonly known as the hamburger icon.
- Now tap Settings in the menu to the right. If you are currently looking at a foreign language, it is the first option from the top.
- When the Settings menu opens, tap the Game tab. It is the one that looks like a cog.
- The Game menu allows you to change the game parameters, as well as the language. The language selection box is the first from the top.
- Tap the left and right arrows on either side of the Language selection box to choose the language. If you want to switch to the default English, look for the language that has a pair of parentheses.
- Tap Apply in the bottom menu to the right.
- Now the Language Change Limited pop-up window will appear, informing you that you will have to restart the game.
- Tap Confirm in the lower right corner of the pop-up window.
- The entire interface of Fortnite should now be in the new language you chose.
- Restart Fortnite and that is it.
How to Change the Language in Fortnite on an iPhone
Since August 2020, players worldwide can no longer install Fortnite on an Apple device. Epic, the game’s developer and publisher, is in dispute with Apple and Google over the payment options. Although Android users can still install the game, that’s not the case for iPhone or iPad users.
Of course, if you have installed the game before that, you will still be able to update and play the game. This includes the ability to change the game’s language.
- Start the Fortnite game on your iPhone.
- From the game’s home screen, tap the Menu button. The three horizontal lines icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap Settings or the first option at the top.
- Now tap the Game menu icon that looks like a cog.
- In the Game menu, you will see the Language selection box, also the first option.
- Tap the left and right arrows to navigate the available languages.
- Once you select a language, tap Apply.
- The Language Change Limited pop-up window should now appear. It will say that you will have to restart the game to apply all the changes.
- Tap Confirm in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window.
- Now restart the game and enjoy Fortnite in the new language of your choice.
How to Change the Language in Fortnite on an Xbox One
That is easy even if you do not understand the language you are looking at. Just follow the instructions below.
- Load Fortnite on your Xbox One.
- The first thing you will see is the game’s home screen. Now press the ‘Options’ button on your controller.
- This opens the game menu. Highlight the ‘Settings’ option in the menu to the right.
- Now press the “A” button on your controller to open the Settings menu.
- This opens the Game tab of this menu or the cog icon. If this tab does not open by default, you can use LB and RB buttons on your controller to navigate to this tab.
- Once in the Game tab, press the directional button Down once.
- This will highlight the Language selection option.
- Use the Left and Right directional buttons to choose the language you would like to use for Fortnite.
- To apply this change, press the Y button on your controller.
- Now the Language Change Limited pop-up window will appear, informing you that you have to restart Fortnite to be able to see all the language changes. Press the A button to confirm.
- Now simply close all the menus and return to the game’s home screen.
- It is time to restart Fortnite.
How to Change the Language in Fortnite on a PS4
Changing the language on a PS4 is just like with the Xbox One.
- Load Fortnite on your PS4.
- While in the game’s Home menu, press the Options button on your DUALSHOCK controller to open the main game menu.
- Highlight the Settings option by pressing the directional button Down once. It is the first option from the top of the menu to the right.
- Now press the X button to open the Settings menu.
- Press the R1 button once to highlight the Game tab. It is the icon that looks like a cog.
- Again, press the Down directional button once to highlight the Language option.
- Using the Left and Right directional buttons on your controller, find the language you would like to use.
- Once you have selected the desired language, press the Triangle button to apply the change.
- The Language Change Limited pop-up window will appear now, informing you that you will not be able to see all the language changes until you restart the game.
- To proceed further, press the X button to confirm.
- Now you will see that the entire Settings menu is in the language just chosen.
- Press the Circle button on your controller twice to return to the game’s home screen.
- Finally, to apply all the changes, restart Fortnite, and enjoy your battle arena.
How to Change the Language in Fortnite on a Nintendo Switch
Not too different from the other two consoles, changing Fortnite’s in-game language is super simple for anyone using the Nintendo Switch.
- Load the Fortnite game on your Nintendo Switch.
- While on the game’s Home screen, press the + button on the right controller to open the game menu.
- Highlight the Settings option in the right menu and press the A button on the right controller.
- The Settings menu will appear. By default, it should already be in the Game tab (the cog icon). If not, simply move left or right until you get to it.
- Click the Down cursor button on the left stick to highlight the Language menu.
- Now move left or right to select the language you would like to use.
- Once you do that, press the X button on the right controller to apply the new language.
- As soon as you do that, the Language Change Limited pop-window appears. It notifies you that you will have to restart the game to apply the language change in full.
- Press the A button on your right controller to confirm.
- Now close the menu and restart the game.
How to Change the Language in Fortnite on a PC
Finally, on a desktop or laptop computer, changing language in Fortnite is just a few clicks away.
- Launch Fortnite on your computer.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Game tab, which is second from the left. Its icon looks like a cog.
- Now you should see the menu for Language.
- To choose your preferred language, simply click the left or right arrow until you find it.
- Once you have chosen the language, click the Apply button in the menu at the bottom. You can also apply this setting by pressing the letter “A” on your keyboard.
- Now the Language Change Limited pop-up window should appear. It instructs you to restart Fortnite so that the language changes can apply to the entire game.
- To confirm you understood this, click the Confirm button in the lower-left corner of the pop-up window.
- Once you are done, close the Settings menu.
- To get everything in the new language, restart the game and that is it.
Please note: When the confirmation pop-up window appears (step 7), both the text and the Confirm button will actually be in the newly chosen language.
Hopefully, now you know how to change the game language in Fortnite. With this knowledge, you can easily play Fortnite in another language. You can even help some of your friends if they have to change the language for any reason.
Have you managed to change the game language in Fortnite? Which platform do you use the most to play Fortnite? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.