How to Clear Cookies for One Website Only
Clearing cookies from your browser is important to prevent cyber-attacks, slow website loading, and to ensure that your personal information is safe. But sometimes you don’t need to clear cookies from the browser entirely. Instead, you need to remove them for a single website only. Doing so will help troubleshoot any issues you have with the website and stop those annoying ads from popping up everywhere.
If you’ve been wondering how to clear cookies for one website only, you’ve come to the right place. Learn whether the steps differ based on the browser you use and if clearing cache involves a similar process.
How to Clear Cookies for One Website Only
Clearing all cookies from a browser should be like a second-nature – in fact, most people already know how to do it. But they aren’t aware that it’s possible to clear cookies for one website that’s causing them trouble.
How to Clear Cookies for One Website Only in Edge
Generally speaking, browsers have a built-in option for clearing cookies for one website. However, that’s not the case with Microsoft Edge. This means users can’t go to the settings of this browser and clear cookies with a few clicks.
But don’t worry. There’s a way around this. Namely, you’ll need to go to the website you want to troubleshoot and clear cookies directly from it:
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Open the website from which you wish to remove the cookies.
- Make sure the name is correct.
- Press F12. Doing so opens the new development window.
- There will be different tabs. Click on “Network.”
- Hover over the icons in this tab and look for “Clear cookies for domain.”
- Tap on it.
- Doing so will clear cookies from the website you’re currently using.
Anytime you use Microsoft Edge and want to clear cookies from a specific site, simply follow the steps above.
How to Clear Cookies for One Website Only in Chrome
Most people use Chrome as their browser. If you’re one of them and want to clear cookies for a specific website, here’s how you’ll do it:
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Privacy and Security.”
- Click on “Site Settings.”
- Under “Content,” select “Cookies and site data.”
- Scroll to “See cookies and all site data” and tap on it.
- Type the name of the website in the search box in the top-right part of the screen.
- You’ll see all cookies for that website.
- Press on the trashcan on the right of each cookie.
Note: “Site settings” was previously known as “Content settings” and was under the “Advanced” tab. If you’re using the old version of Chrome, you’ll repeat almost the same steps:
- Launch Chrome.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Advanced.”
- Under “Privacy and security,” choose “Content settings.”
- Tap on “Cookies.”
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll see “All cookies and site data.”
- Type the name of the website in the search box next to it.
- You’ll get a list of the cookies for the website in question.
- Click on the trashcan to remove those cookies.
How to Clear Cookies for One Website Only in Safari
When you clear cookies from one site in Safari, it will perform much faster. Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the “Safari” tab in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Choose “Preference.”
- Go to the “Privacy” tab.
- Choose “Manage Website Data.”
- Select the website for which you want to remove the cookies.
- Tap “Remove.”
- Finish by clicking on “Done.”
It’s important to remember not to tap “Remove All.” Doing so will delete cookies from all websites, and you don’t want to do that.
How to Clear Cookies for One Website Only in Firefox
Finally, if you’re preferred browser is Firefox, here’s how you’ll remove cookies from a specific website:
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the hamburger icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Options.”
- Go to “Privacy and Security.”
- Under “Cookies and Site Data” select “Manage Data.”
- Type the name of the site in the search box.
- Click on the cookies for that website.
- Hit “Remove Selected.”
- Finish by tapping “Save Changes.”
Depending on the Firefox version you have, here’s how you can also remove cookies for one website:
- Open Firefox and click on the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Options.”
- Choose “Privacy.”
- There will be “Remove individual cookies” under the “History” tab.
- Search for the website in the search box.
- Select all cookies by pressing Ctrl and key down.
- Click on “Remove Selected.”
- Press “Close.”
How to Clear Cookies for One Website Only in Internet Explorer
If you’re still faithful to Internet Explorer and want to delete cookies for one website, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cog icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll to “Internet Options.”
- Make sure you’re in the “General” tab.
- Go to “Browsing history” and click on “Settings.”
- Choose “View files.”
- Doing so will open the folder on your computer.
- Type the name of the website in the search box in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Right-click on the cookies to delete them.
How to Clear Cookies for One Website Only in Opera
To remove cookies for one website in Opera, you need to do the following:
- Launch Opera.
- Click on the lock icon in the search bar.
- Choose “Cookies.”
- Find the website for which you want to delete the cookies.
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow next to the website name.
- Look for the “Cookies” folder.
- Choose the cookies to delete.
- Tap on “Delete.”
- Finish by clicking “Done.”
Is there anything else you’d like to know about clearing cookies or cache? If so, read the following section.
1. How Do I Clear the Cache for a Specific Website?
Occasionally, people need to clear cache for a specific website to ensure the latest version of the page shows. Doing so is possible, but only if you use Chrome.
For other browsers, you’ll need to delete the cache entirely.
Clearing Cache for One Website in Chrome
To clear cache from one website in Chrome, do the following:
• Open Chrome.
• Find the website for which you want to clear the cache.
• Press Ctrl, Shift, and I simultaneously.
• Right-click on the refresh button in the top-left corner of the screen.
• Choose “Empty Cache and Hard Refresh.”
Clearing Cache in Mozilla
To delete cache in Mozilla, here’s what you’ll do:
• Open Mozilla.
• Click on the hamburger menu and choose “Options.”
• Tap on the “Privacy and Settings” tab.
• Under “Cookies and Site Data,” select “Clear Data.”
• Tap on “Cookies and Site Data” to remove the checkmark.
• Tick the box next to “Cached Web Content.”
• Finish by hitting “Clear.”
Clearing Cache in Microsoft Edge
To delete cache in Microsoft Edge:
• Launch Microsoft Edge.
• Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
• Select “Settings.”
• Go to “Clear browsing data” and tap on “Choose what to clear.”
• Tick the box next to “Cached data and files.”
• Hit “Clear.”
2. How Do I Clear Cookies for a Specific Site in Safari?
If you need to clear cookies for a single site in Safari, you’ll do this:
• Open Safari.
• Tap on the “Safari” panel in the top-left part of the screen.
• Select “Preference”
• Click on “Privacy.”
• Choose “Manage Website Data.”
• Click on the website to remove its cache.
• Finish by hitting “Remove.”
3. Can I Clear Cookies From Just One Site?
Yes, you can clear Cookies from just one site. The steps may be different depending on the browser you use. Check out the sections above to find the solution to your problem.
4. What Are Cookies For?
When you visit a website for the first time, cookies are downloaded onto your device. The next time you visit the same site, these cookies will help the page load much faster. Their goal is to provide a better browsing experience by memorizing all the clicks you make. Based on that information, cookies will show you things you’re most interested in.
Moreover, with cookies, you don’t need to log in to the same page twice.
However, cookies are also a security threat precisely because they store such valuable information. Too many cookies can also slow down your browser, interfering with the browsing experience.
Clear Cookies Regularly
While there are many benefits of cookies, they can also be annoying, especially if they start interfering with a particular website. Fortunately, it’s possible to delete cookies for a single website and keep data for other sites. The steps vary across browsers, but you don’t need any special skills to complete them.
How often do you clear cookies and cache? Let us know in the comments section below.