How to Enable Dark Mode on a MIUI Device
If you’re looking for some new dark themes for your phone, you might be interested in enabling dark mode. Fortunately, this is a relatively straightforward process across many devices. Never again will you have to suffer with the unsightly of a bright screen.
This article will show you how to enable dark mode and review some of the best dark mode themes.
Enabling Dark Mode
The following instructions will explain how to enable dark mode on different devices.
Xiaomi and Redmi Smart Phones
Full dark mode can’t be enabled from settings on an IPS screen. It can only be activated on smart phones with OLED displays. If you have IPS, you’ll have to download third-party themes. Below you’ll find a couple of sites that have darker themes for IPS.
Invision Community has an abundance of dark themes for your phone, including a dark rainbow theme.
Dribbble has some darker themes that include A Call Of Duty theme, which would be a great one for any gamers out there.
It’s quick and easy to turn dark mode on in the “Settings” on any phone. Users who want to use dark mode regularly should update to MIUI 13:
- Go to “Settings” and “My Device.”
- Click on “MIUI Version.”
- Select the “3 dots” in the top right corner.
- Click “Choose Update Package.”
- Select the package you downloadeda and confirm the install and then click “update.”
MIUI 11 with AMLOLED, dark mode is complete, and all systems elements and apps are covered.
MIUI 12 and 13
For MIUI 12 and 13, you can use the settings to enable dark mode.
How to Enable MIUI 13 Dark Mode
If you’re having trouble enabling dark mode after the MIUI 13 update, follow these steps:.
- Go you ”Settings.”
- Click on “Display.”
- Click on “Dark Mode.”
How to Customize MIUI 13 Dark Mode
With the new customize feature, you’re now able to activate dark mode at different times of the day.
- First apply the dark mode and choose “Dark Mode Settings” and click on “Schedule Dark Mode.”
- Choose the option you want to customize it.
Option one is sunset to sunrise.
Option two is custom. You can choose when dark mode turns off and on.
The Redmi 9A with IPS doesn’t feature a complete version of dark mode. Some elements still have a white background.
Enable Dark Mode on Xiaomi
These are the steps to enable dark mode on Xiaomi:
- Go to the “Settings” icon on the home screen and select “Enter.”
- Scroll down to “Display.”
- Select “Dark Mode.”
- Change the slider to “On.” You can also turn night mode on Xiaomi by selecting “Schedule.”
Enable Dark Mode on Android One
Some Xiaomi devices offer a couple of options.
The first option is to download a dark mode launcher from Google Play. Poco Launcher 2.0 is a great one. Another is the Dark Mode Launcher l from Google Play . The second option is to install black wallpaper from the internet and do it that way instead.
Enable Dark Mode on Redmi
There is no dark theme on Redmi after you update to the new MIUI version.
Activating Dark Mode for Individual Apps
Previously, you could only activate dark mode for the whole system, but now you can enable dark mode for individual apps.
Note that you can’t make dark mode the default setting in the app itself. You can only get the black design when dark mode is turned on in settings.
- Click the “3 line” icon on the top of the right corner.
- Find “Settings” and click “Enter.”
- Locate “Screen” and choose “Dark Mode.”
- Move the slider to “On” mode.
- From YouTube, click on the account icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” and then choose “General.”
- Change slider to “Night Mode.”
- Click on the three bars in the top left corner.
- Click “Settings” and then “Chat Settings.”
- Click “Color theme” and then choose “Dark.” You can also choose a subtone of different colors.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Themes.”
- Select “Dark” and then check the box.
WhatsApp and Facebook
WhatsApp and Facebook are still in the testing phase for dark mode. You can install a beta version if you’d like to try it out.
How to Turn Off Dark Mode
Turning off dark mode is relatively easy.
If you installed dark mode on MIUI 11 through “Settings,” all you have to do is move the slider to “Off.”
If you used a third-party theme, simply uninstall it and install a stock theme.
Best Dark Themes
Below are ten of the best dark mode themes and their strongest attributes.
Stock (Black mode)
- Simple and minimalistic
- Made with only black elements
- Changes only the lock screen and desktop
Android Pie Dark
- Black theme and has redrawn icons
- Monochrome screensaver in deep black
- Has interesting icons and unusual clock arrangement
Android 10 Dark
- Unconventional design with a blue hue
- Applies only to home screens
- Has spurts of color with a black background
- Changes the appearance of the icons
- Perfect if you love the moon and stars
- Celestial theme
- Minimalists change to the icons
Lion King DWM20
- Burning lion against a black background
- Icons change only slightly
- Dark wallpaper and icons
- Subtle and elegant
Space Star V12
- Planets, shooting stars, and small moon design
- Clock widget gets distinctive color
- Calendar font changes to a more cursive style
- Minimalist look
- Supports all icons
- Black background
- New status bar
- Cool lock screen
What is MIUI?
It’s the Mobile Internet IU version of the Android operating system. It comes from the China-based manufacturer, Xiaomi Inc. and is based on the code from Android 2.2 and CyanogenMod.
What is dark mode?
Dark mode is a special design comprised of black tones. Instead of a white background with black letters, you get a black background with white letters. Dark mode is user friendly and has lots of useful benefits.
Does dark mode work on all phones?
No. You can’t enable dark mode on some phones within the settings. Instead, you’ll have to download themes from a third-party.
Are there any benefits to using dark mode?
Longer potential battery life, better sleep at night by limiting the brightness of the screen, and you can potentially reduce the risk of certain health.
Are there reasons that someone shouldn’t use dark mode?
Dark mode could make text harder to read for people with astigmatism or other eye conditions. Also, a brighter environment could make it harder to read for some people in dark mode. Some people have even said that having a darker theme makes it harder to concentrate.
Put Your Phone in Dark Mode
Putting your phone in dark mode has some benefits that are helpful to you and your health. Having your phone darker promotes better sleep, which is good if you use your phone before you go to bed at night. It also helps with blue light exposure and reduces eyestrain.
Have you ever used a dark theme on your phone? Did you enjoy the experience? Let us know in the comments section below.