How to Play Amazon Music on Any Device
If you’re already using one of Amazon’s popular services (Alexa, Kindle, etc.), you may want to complement the experience by including Amazon Music. The app gives access to millions of songs to enjoy for days on end. But how do you play Amazon Music on your particular device?
This article will serve as a guide to how to play Amazon Music on a multitude of devices and platforms.
How to Play Amazon Music
There are plenty of options when it comes to activating an Amazon Music app. Whether you’re an Android or iOS user, or want to listen to music from a smart TV, Amazon Music has got you covered. Read on, and find out how to enable Amazon Music on nearly all platforms imaginable.
How to Play Amazon Music Offline
You can listen to Amazon music offline on an Android, iPhone, or iPad. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the app and press “My Music.”
- Hit the three dots beside any song, album, or artist.
- Choose “Download” to download your music and listen to it offline. This way, you’ll add it to the download queue.
- There will be a checkmark next to all the downloaded songs. Tap a song offline and start listening to it.
How to Play Amazon Music Playlists on Alexa
This is what you need to do to play Amazon Music on Alexa:
- Open the Amazon Music app and tap on the Settings cog in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap ‘Connect to a Device’
- Select the Alexa device you’d like to play music on.
- Tap the playlist you’d like to play, or ask Alexa to play it for you.
How to Play Amazon Music on Google Home
Google Home also lets you play Amazon Music:
- Open the Amazon Music app.
- Press the cast icon, represented by a TV with Wi-Fi inside it.
- Select your Google Home speaker from the devices list. Make sure your phone and Google Home are using the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select a song, and it should start playing from the Google Home speaker.
How to Play Amazon Music on Sonos
You can play Amazon Music on Sonos in two ways: using Android or iOS, or using a PC or Mac:
Playing Amazon Music on Sonos with an Android or iOS:
- Launch Sonos and go to the “Settings.”
- Select “Services and Voice.”
- Choose which service you want to add. In this case, select “Amazon Music.”
- Press “Add to Sonos” and follow the rest of the instructions on the screen to add Amazon Music.
Playing Amazon Music on PC or Mac
- Launch Sonos.
- Choose “Add Music Services” under the “Select a Music Source” tab.
- Select “Amazon Music” and follow the instructions to add the service to your Sonos.
How to Play Amazon Music on Multiple Devices
Activating Amazon Music on multiple devices takes just a few seconds:
- Open Alexa.
- Go to “Devices.”
- Press the “+” symbol, followed by “Combine Speakers.”
- Choose “Multi-room Music.”
- Follow the rest of the instructions to finalize the setup.
How to Play Amazon Music on iPhone
As previously mentioned, Amazon Music works on various platforms, including iOS. This is how to play music on your iPhone:
- Open the app and go to the Menu located in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select “Your Library.”
- Choose your content by genre, song, album, artist, or playlist.
- If you want to create additional playlists, hit the “Create New Playlist” button from the “Playlists” tab. Choose your playlist’s name, press the “+” symbol next to an album or song to add music. Hit “Done” when finished.
- Press “Play” to start listening to your music.
How to Play Amazon Music on iPad
Since your iPad has the same interface as your iPhone, you can play Amazon Music by following the method we just described. Refer to the previous section for all the details.
How to Play Amazon Music on Android
Listening to Amazon Music on Android works slightly different:
- Open the app and sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- By default, you’ll see all available playlists, albums, and songs in the Prime Music view. To play any of them, you’ll need to add them to your library. To do so, download the desired song, album, or artist by tapping and holding it and choosing “Download.”
- Go to “Your Library” and start playing the downloaded song(s).
How to Play Amazon Music on TV
To listen to Amazon Music on your TV, you’ll need to add it from the list of TV apps. Here’s how to do it on a Samsung Smart TV:
- Start the TV and press your “Hub” button on the remote to access the apps.
- Choose “Samsung App” and press “Enter” on your remote.
- Go to the “Most Popular” category and locate “Amazon Music.”
- Hit the “Download” symbol, and you’re good to go.
How to Play Amazon Music on Samsung Watch
Accessing Amazon Music on a Samsung Watch will require the installation of a third-party program that converts Amazon Music to AAC or MP3. In this case, it requires the use of the software called TunesKit Audio Capture. This is how to do it:
- Open TunesKit on your PC and add Amazon Music from your desktop app by dragging and dropping it to the interface.
- Tap the Format icon and choose AAC or MP3 as the output format.
- Return to TunesKit and open the Amazon Music app. Log into your Amazon Music account and play an album or playlist. TunesKit will capture the songs playing and convert them to the selected format.
- Press the stop button when you’re done and save the music to the computer.
Then, you can start syncing Amazon Music to your Galaxy Watch:
- Transfer the converted music from your computer to your phone.
- Launch the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Go to the Home section and choose “Add content to your watch,” followed by “Add tracks.”
- Select the converted Amazon music and hit “Done” when finished.
- Start the Music app on the watch and listen to your music.
How to Play Amazon Music on Roku
Roku is another platform that lets you use Amazon Music. You’ll just need to install it to the device:
- Choose “Streaming Channels” on your Roku, followed by “Search Channels,” and look for “Amazon Music.”
- Use a phone or computer to access amazon.com/code and log into your account.
- Type in the code displayed in your Amazon Music Roku application.
- The app will automatically refresh your library and recommendations after your code has been approved.
How to Play Amazon Music on Apple TV
If you’re Apple TV is running system tvOS 12.0 or higher, this is how to get Amazon Music:
- Say “Amazon Music” into your Siri Remote or find the app in your Apps menu from the Apple TV store.
- The app will show a six-letter code.
- Go to amazon.com/code on your computer or cell phone and sign in to your account.
- Enter the six-letter code you get, and that’s it.
How to Play Amazon Music on Fire Stick
Playing Amazon Music on your Fire Stick doesn’t come with any additional setup. This is because the app comes built-in with a Fire Stick. All you’ll need to do is launch it from your “Apps & Channels,” and any music previously purchased on Amazon will be there.
How Can I Play My Amazon Music on iTunes?
Running Amazon Music on iTunes is fairly simple:
• Start iTunes on your PC, and choose “Music” from the interface.
• Press “File,” followed by “Add File to Library.”
• Search for the location where you’ve downloaded Amazon Music and select the songs you want on your iTunes.
• Select “Open,” and start playing music.
Why Is My Amazon Music Not Playing?
You can try several solutions if your Amazon Music isn’t playing:
• Make sure that your device is using a mobile network or Wi-Fi.
• If the device isn’t connected to a mobile network, make sure your Amazon Music settings authorize cellular network use.
• Force stop Amazon Music and reopen it.
How Do You Download Music on Amazon Prime?
Downloading music from Amazon Prime takes just a few seconds:
• Find the playlist, album, or song to download.
• Press “More Options.”
• Choose “Download.”
Can You Play Amazon Music in Your Car?
You can set up Amazon Music in your car by applying several methods. The easiest one may be using Bluetooth:
• Switch on Bluetooth on the car stereo and phone.
• Find the list of available Bluetooth devices on your phone.
• Open Amazon Music on the phone and start listening to it on the car system.
Can You Play Amazon Music for Free?
Amazon Music can be free, but only if you choose the Amazon Music Free subscription. All the other packages (Amazon Music Prime, Amazon Music Unlimited, and Amazon Music HD) come with a fee.
Don’t Miss Out on Your Favorite Tunes
Now that we’ve covered how you can play Amazon Music, all you have to do is make a choice. Decide which device you want to activate the app on, and enjoy countless hours of wonderful music.