How to Play With Friends in Parsec
Every gamer knows that unequal conditions in multiplayer is a common issue between team members – but not with Parsec. Parsec is a revolutionary platform that allows you to stream games from a stronger device to screens of weaker devices without using their operating systems. Even your mobile gaming friends can now show their best performance without the struggle of motion delays and lags.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to get started with Parsec – how to register, add friends, and start playing with them. Additionally, we’ll answer the most common questions related to using the platform. Read on to find out how to connect with your team on Parsec.
How to Play With Friends in Parsec?
You can play nearly any game online that supports multiplayer in Parsec. To connect with a friend in the app, follow the instructions below:
- Download Parsec and sign up. Although Parsec has a web version available, you need to install it to host games.
- Launch the game you wish to host.
- Launch the Parsec app and click the gear icon located in the left sidebar to open Settings.
- In Settings, navigate to the “Host” tab.
- Select “Enabled” next to “Hosting Enabled.”
- From the left sidebar, select the controller icon to open your Friends list. Make sure that the person you wish to play with has added you to their Friends.
- Navigate to the “Computers” tab and find the device of your friend, then click “Connect.” You can also wait for your friend to send a joining request themselves.
- Optionally, click “Share” to get a link. Then, send the link to your friends – they have to enter it to the search bar in the “Friends” tab to find you.
- Wait for your friend to approve the invite or approve their request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read this section to find out more about Parsec.
How Do I Add a Friend to Parsec?
To add someone to the Friend’s list on Parsec, you need to know their User ID. It can be found in the Parsec app, in the upper-right corner of the screen, next to the profile picture. Then, follow the steps below:
1. Sign in to Parsec.
2. From the main menu, navigate to the “Friends” tab – click the controller icon from the left sidebar.
3. Enter your friend’s User ID to the search box and send the invite.
4. Wait for your friend to accept the invite. They will then appear on your Friends’ list.
How Do You Play a Way Out With Parsec?
Playing a way out with Parsec isn’t different from playing other co-op games on the platform – here’s what you have to do to start the game:
1. Sign in to the Parsec app.
2. The host should launch the game on their computer.
3. Head on to the “Friends” tab on Parsec.
4. Click “Computers,” then find the host device and click “Connect.”
If you’d like to be a host, follow the steps below:
1. Sign in to Parsec.
2. Enable hosting through Settings.
3. Launch a Way Out on your computer.
4. Navigate to the “Friends” tab, then to “Computers.”
5. Send an invite to your friends or accept their joining requests.
How Do I Join the Parsec Community?
Getting started with Parsec is simple – to join the platform, follow the steps below:
1. Head on to the Parsec website and sign up – enter your desired username, password, and your email address. Agree to the terms and conditions of use.
2. Once you’ve registered, download the Parsec app and sign in with your newly created account.
3. You’re all set up – now, add your friends using their User IDs and start playing.
You may also want to join the Parsec community on Steam – to do that, you only have to register on the Steam website. There, you can find people to play with, answers to any questions, and more.
Can You Play Co-Op With Friends?
Yes – you can play any game co-op with friends on Parsec, as long as it supports multiplayer mode. To do that, all of your friends have to install Parsec on their mobile device or computer, register, and add each other to the Friends’ list. Then, one of you needs to launch a game on a device and either send others an invite or accept joining requests.
How Do I Play Parsec Online?
You can’t use the web version of Parsec to play with your friends – you’ll need to download the app. If you’re the host of the game, follow the steps below to start playing with others:
1. Launch the Parsec app and sign up.
2. Launch the game you wish to host.
3. Launch the Parsec app and click the gear icon located in the left sidebar to open Settings.
4. In Settings, navigate to the “Host” tab.
5. Select “Enabled” next to “Hosting Enabled.”
6. From the left sidebar, select the controller icon to open your Friends list. Make sure that the person you wish to play with has added you to their Friends.
7. Navigate to the “Computers” tab and find the device of your friend, then click “Connect.” You can also wait for your friend to send a joining request themselves.
8. Wait for your friend to approve the invite or approve their request.
How Do You Play Online With Friends?
Connecting with friends in the Parsec app is simple – one of you has to be the host, and others can join. If one of your friends is a host, follow the instructions below to connect with them:
1. Download the Parsec app and sign in.
2. From the main menu, select the controller icon to open the Friends tab.
3. Type in the User ID of your friend to find them on Parsec, then send them an invite and wait for them to accept it.
4. Once your friend has appeared on your Friends list, navigate to the “Computers” tab and find their device.
5. Under the name of your friend’s device, click “Connect.”
6. Wait for your friend to approve your request.
Can You Play Any Game on Parsec?
Parsec supports any multiplayer game. You can’t play together with friends or share your screen in single-player games. The purpose of Parsec is to allow everyone from your friends’ group to get equal device performance. In other words, if some of your friends have weaker devices, the one with the strongest PC and fastest Internet connection may host a game. This way, others will be able to stream the game from a stronger device to their screens, without using their own system.
Play Without Limitations
Getting started on Parsec isn’t complicated – the entire process is quite straightforward, and the app’s interface is very user-friendly. Hopefully, with the help of our guide, every member of your team can now show their best skills without limitations. Of course, Parsec isn’t the only game streaming platform out there – a number of alternatives have been appearing on the market recently, such as Stadia or GeForce Now, but the main advantage of Parsec is that it doesn’t use as much data and is completely free.
Why do you choose Parsec instead of other game streaming platforms? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.