How To Sell on OfferUp (Formerly LetGo)
Letgo was a hugely popular app for buying and selling things in your local community. In the U.S, March 2020, LetGo became a part of another community buying/selling app called OfferUp. More than 75 million people have downloaded the app, and more than 200 million items have been listed.
OfferUp is still a small upstart compared to giants like Ebay and Craigslist but the platform is gaining momentum and you might want to give it a try if you’re cleaning out that hall closet or trying to think out your garage. Whether you’re trying to unload that prom dress that you know you’ll never where again or the art nouveau tea-cups with the pink lacing on the saucers that your well-meaning grandmother bought you last Christmas, chances are there’s something in your life that you could do without and you can even turn it into cash. Selling on Offerup is as easy as snapping a picture and sharing it with your friends only, in this case, your friends include everyone.
Selling on OfferUp
- Launch the Letgo app on your phone. Tap Seling in the bottom menu bar.
- Tap Post an Item
- Select either Take Photo or Select Photo. The first will open your camera app, and the second will open your photo library.
- Tap on Title and choose an appropriate one. When you’re finished, tap Next.
- Next, input the details for the item you are selling. This includes the Category and Condition of the item, as well a Description. When you’re finished, tap Next.
- Choose your Price and whether or not you would allow any haggling. When you’re finished, tap Next.
- Set a Location and choose whether or not you are willing to ship the item. When you’re finished, tap Done.
That’s it! Your item is posted and you should be receiving messages from interested parties shortly.
Now you wait! If several days go by without a nibble, you might want to reword your description or lower your price. Alternatively, if it seems like people just aren’t seeing your listing(s), you might consider promoting the item. Promoting costs $2.99-7.99 each time you do it, but it sends your listing to the top of the app.
Did you decide that you no longer want to sell the item? Did you want to make some changes the the item details? Both of these are easyily done by locating the item posted and choosing edit unerneath the photo.
When a buyer does message you, play it safe. OfferUp and similar services are popular with scam artists. Always meet the buyer in a safe, public place during the day time. Do you have any tips, tricks or questions related to selling items on OfferUp? Let us know in the comment section below.