How to Update Apps on Hisense TV
Hisense is an increasingly popular brand when it comes to smart TV technology. They manufacture budget ULED, and ultra LED units that enhance contrast and definition for a better viewing experience.
To get the most of your Hisense TV, knowing how to install and update apps is immensely important.
How to Install Apps on a Hisense TV
Hisense TVs, like any other smart TVs, comes with several factory-installed apps. Some of these are crucial for any form of viewing experience on Hisense, while others you may never use. Either way, factory-installed apps cannot be removed and are default on your Hisense TV.
However, there may be other interesting Hisense apps available in your TV’s App Store. Follow the procedures below if you want to download certain apps from your Hisense Smart TV.
- Navigate to the “Home” screen and select the “App Store” icon.
- Go to the “Search” tab and press “OK” on your remote to activate the on-screen keyboard.
- Type the name of the desired app and use the D-pad (on the remote) to select it.
- Now, press the green button on your remote to add the app to your Hisense TV.
Updating Your Apps on a Hisense TV
Updating apps from Hisense’s native store isn’t a manual process. If such an app gets an update, it automatically installs on your device. If there is a problem with your app, try removing it and reinstalling it.
Option 1: Reinstalling an App on Your Hisense TV
- To remove a Hisense native app, navigate to the “Home” screen and select the app in question using your remote’s navigation buttons.
- Once you’ve selected the app that you want to delete, press the red button on your remote.
- Confirm that you want to delete the app in question by pressing “OK,” and it will get uninstalled.
- Now, reinstall the app again using the instructions outlined above. The most up-to-date version of the app will get installed on your Hisense TV.
Option 2: Updating Firmware on Your Hisense TV
Bear in mind that factory-installed apps cannot get deleted. However, it may occur that your factory-installed app cannot update to its latest version. Given that you cannot remove the apps that came preinstalled on your TV, your best bet is updating your TV’s firmware. You must keep the firmware up-to-date, as this software makes your TV work properly. Outdated apps aren’t the only problem that older firmware can cause.
- Navigate to the main settings screen. Do this by pressing the button that looks like a cog on your Hisense remote.
- Go to “All,” then navigate to “About,” and, finally, select “Software Update.”
- Use “Detect” to check if you have the most recent firmware version and to install the latest firmware if not. This procedure should fix any issues with factory-installed apps on your Hisense TV.
Option 3: Updating Google Play on Your Hisense TV
Some Hisense TVs use the Android OS. Like any other Android device, Android TVs use the Google Play Store for downloading apps. Use the Google Play Store as you would with any other device to get updates and download new apps.
If a downloaded Android app isn’t working properly, find it on the Google Play Store and you’ll see an “Update” button if it isn’t running on the current version.
Suppose you have an Android Hisense TV that doesn’t seem to have access to the Google Play Store. In that case, it’s always best to contact your retailer or manufacturer to solve the issue rather than using third-party websites to install the Google Play Store. Google Play almost always comes preinstalled on any Android device.
Option 4: Use Vewd
Vewd is an online storefront that offers apps specifically designed for smart TVs. The apps are all stored on the cloud and are accessed through Vewd directly. This scenario means that all app updates are done by Vewd, independently from your smart TV. Vewd is compatible with Android TVs only, but it can also get installed on some non-Android smart TV sets.
You may have to manually update the Vewd app, which can be inconvenient, depending on whether your Hisense TV is using Android or not.
Overall, some Hisense TVs make it extremely difficult to install, update, and deal with apps. Whenever automatic updates fail, you can update an installed app by removing it and installing it again using the instructions above. Updating to the latest firmware also helps make new app versions compatible. Other than that, unless Google Play and Vewd aren’t easy to come by on your Hisense TV, avoid using third-party services to compensate. The majority of apps that you may need are available in the native App Store.