How To Fix No Music Available in Instagram Reels
Since its introduction in 2020, Reels has become one of Instagram’s most attractive features. This short-form content is easily digestible, engaging, and can reach countless users in no time. It’s no wonder the platform has recently started encouraging creators to invest more time and effort into producing bite-sized videos.
However, the sound options for Reels aren’t available to all users. Most notably, business accounts have difficulty accessing the app’s full audio selection. Even if you can use the feature, it may not always work due to temporary glitches.
We’ll cover the primary reasons creators have trouble using music with the Reels feature and look at the most effective solutions.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
There are a few reasons why Instagram creators may be unable to access music for their Reels.
Business accounts can’t access tracks from recording artists due to copyright laws. If the purpose of your account is to advertise and sell products and services, using popular music counts as copyright infringement. This restriction negatively impacts many small businesses that use the platform as their primary marketing channel.
Instagram is one of the most widely used platforms on the market, and temporary glitches occur from time to time. Usually, they’re resolved quickly and won’t spoil your user experience.
Instagram updates are rarely available to all app users. Depending on your region, you may be limited to using only certain app features.
The simplest ways to access Instagram’s sound effects include switching your account type, saving other users’ audio, and using the InShot app.
If you have a business account, you may think accessing the platform’s music catalog and sound effects is impossible. But that’s not the case. All you have to do is switch your account type, and you can use sounds to take your Reels to the next level.
If you’ve installed the app on an Android smartphone, here’s what you should do:
- Head to “Settings” and choose the “Account” option.
- Select “Switch Account Type” and press “Switch to a Creator Account.”
You’ll gain access to the platform’s extensive sound options by changing your business account to a creator profile. Don’t worry; you’ll still be able to view your metrics.
iPhone users can also adjust their account type with a few simple clicks.
- Tap “Settings” and select “Account” from the list of options.
- Press “Switch Account Type” and choose “Switch to a Creator Account.”
Always double-check which account type you’ve selected. With a creator profile, you can access your business metrics without difficulty. But if you accidentally pick a personal account, the app will restart your metrics.
Note that some users have reported problems when trying to add music to their Reels on their creator accounts. In such cases, you can try deleting the app. After reinstalling the latest version, it should work without a hitch.
Alternatively, log into the app from a different mobile device.
However, if none of the above solutions work, you can move on to a different method.
When you switch to a creator account, you can save audio uploaded from other users and add it to your Reels.
If you have an Android device, follow the below instructions:
- Head to the Explore page and start going through Reels.
- When you hear a sound you like, press the track’s name below the creator’s handle.
- Select the “Save Audio” option.
After saving the track, it’s time to add it to your creation.
- Tap the plus-shaped “Add” icon and choose “Reel.”
- Press “Music Note” and hit “Saved.”
- Find the audio you wish to use and tap to add it to your Reel.
- If you’re satisfied with your choice, click the “Done” button.
If you want to share a saved track with friends and fellow creators, the following steps will help you do so:
- Select the “Share” icon and tap “Send” next to the recipient’s name.
- Choose the three-dot icon and press “Copy Link” to share the audio through another app.
Those using Instagram on an iOS device can also save sounds uploaded by other creators.
- Open the Explore page and start watching Reels.
- When you find a track or sound effect you like, tap its name beneath the creator’s handle.
- Press “Save Audio” to store the sound in your app.
Here’s how you can include the saved track in your Reel.
- Tap “Add” and select the “Reel” option.
- Choose “Music Note” and press “Saved.”
- When you spot the track you want to use, tap to select it.
- Hit “Done” to confirm your decision and save the changes.
iOS users can share saved tracks with other creators.
- Tap the “Share” icon and navigate to the recipient’s name.
- Press “Send” beside their handle.
- Select the three-dot icon and hit “Copy Link” to share the track in a different app.
Another way to resolve sound issues for the Reels feature is using the InShot app. It allows users to extract audio from screen recording and add it to their reels.
Here’s how to use the app on an Android device.
- Screen record a reel featuring a track your like.
- Upload your photos and videos to the app and arrange them to create a Reel.
- Press the “Add Music” option.
- Hit “Tracks” and select “Extract From Video.”
- Select the appropriate file and customize the audio to fit your Reel.
- Download your creation and post it on your Instagram account.
The InShot app is compatible with iOS smartphones too.
- Screen record a video that contains audio you want to use.
- Import photos and clips to the app and reorganize the files to make a Reel.
- Select “Add Music” and press “Music.”
- Choose “Extract From Video” and tap the appropriate file.
- After customizing your Reel, download it to your phone and upload it on Instagram.
If a temporary glitch disrupts the app’s features, you may not need to add audio through a different app. Sometimes, clearing Instagram data and cache is enough to resolve the problem.
Here’s what Android users should do:
- Press “Settings” and select “Apps” from the list of options.
- Tap “Other Apps” and choose “Instagram.”
- Select “Clear Cache.”
Wait until the option turns grey before exiting “Settings.”
Unfortunately, there’s no direct way to clear the Instagram cache on an iPhone. You’ll either have to delete and reinstall the app or use a third-party program.
To reinstall the app, follow the below instructions:
- Open “Setting” and press “General.”
- Select “iPhone Storage” and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the “Instagram” option and choose “Delete App.”
- Confirm your decision.
- Head to the App Store and reinstall the app.
- Log in with your account credentials.
If you don’t want to delete the app but want to wipe its cache, you may have considered using a third-party app. Programs like iMyFone UMate Pro are easy to use and may help you access the platform’s audio selection without reinstalling the app. However, many users are wary of third-party services and stick to the methods above to protect their privacy and data.
Whether you’re shooting videos with friends or creating content for your business, audio can help refine the quality of your Reels. Unfortunately, business accounts can’t access trendy copyrighted tracks, limiting their audio choices.
But this shouldn’t stop you from adding audio to your bite-sized videos. You can resolve the issue by switching to a creator account, saving tracks from other users, or extracting audio from screen recordings.
Before adjusting your profile type, try clearing the app cache. The simplest solution is often the right one.
Have you been having trouble including audio in your Reels? Which of the above methods helped you resolve it? Let us know in the comments section below.