Instagram Stories Downloader: Chrome
Instagram stories can be such a fun way to share a memorable moment or experience. Unfortunately, they disappear after 24 hours. However, all is not lost. There’s a way to download them using Chrome.
This article will tell you everything you need to know.
How to Download Instagram Stories on Chrome
Stories are great for capturing and sharing silly or happy moments. But they only have a short shelf-life. Maybe you want to view them again once they expire, whether they’re yours or someone else’s. Thankfully, you can do so with Chrome’s IG extension on your desktop.
Here’s what to do:
- Download the Chrome IG Extension.
- Search for the profile from which you wish to save a story.
- Right-click on the user’s profile.
- Click “Download.”
Bear in mind that the user, whose story you downloaded, won’t know you did this. This might sound appealing, but remember, you won’t know if another user did the same to your stories either.
How to Post an Instagram Story
Maybe you decided to post your first Instagram story today. You just took a cute shot of your dog. But you have no idea how to post it as a story.
Just follow these steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Click on “Your Story” in the top left corner.
- Instagram will let you choose something from your gallery or take a real-time shot.
- In case you wish to add a gif, some text, etc., you can do that in the top right corner.
- Once you’re ready, click on “Your Story” in the bottom left corner.
And your first Instagram story just happened. Congrats!
How to Download Instagram Stories on Your Desktop Using StoriesIG
Maybe you’ve just seen on Instagram stories an adorable engagement you wish to recreate. Don’t panic. You won’t have to remember all the details by heart.
Here’s how to download that story to your computer instead:
- Go to the website
- Search for the profile where you saw the specific story.
- Click on their profile picture.
- Click “Download” on the story you wish to save.
Now that story will be on your computer for you to get back to it whenever you like.
How to Download Your Stories in the Instagram App
You just created a memorable story in your Instagram app. You want to save it in your gallery and look at it any time again in the future. This is a simple task.
- Post your story on Instagram.
- View your story.
- Click on the “three dots.”
- Choose the option “Save…”
Now your story will be saved in your camera roll, for you to look at it again whenever you like.
How to Download Someone Else’s Instagram Story on Your Android Device
There are many reasons why you might wish to view someone’s Instagram story after those 24 hours. It might be because of a crush, or finding it useful, etc. The reason isn’t important.
This is how you can do it on your Android device:
- Go to the “Play Store.”
- Download “Story Saver.”
- Log into your Instagram account using this app.
- On the main page, you’ll see all Stories people you follow posted. You can also search for a specific one.
- Click on the story you wish to save.
- Click “Save.”
- Your phone will create a separate folder in the gallery containing anything you save through this app.
And that’s how you can look at that story again anytime. Note that this person won’t know you downloaded their story. So you can download anything you like, without the hassle of explaining yourself later.
How to Highlight a Story on Your Instagram Profile
Maybe you wish to extend the lifetime of your IG story and make it last longer than those 24 hours. This is possible, as you can add it to a highlight. But what does this exactly mean? Your stories will appear at the top of your profile grid, just above regular posts. There you will see your highlights, collections of stories you decided to keep on your profile.
Here’s how to add a story to a highlight:
- Post a story.
- View your story.
- On the bottom right corner, you’ll see the option to “Highlight.”
- You can add it to an existing highlight or create a new highlight.
Now your story will continue to exist on your profile even after those 24 hours expire.
The Power of Doing Things Incognito
Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours. They don’t have likes and comments, but views and reactions which are only visible to the creator. However, there’re ways to save these to your profile if you wish to keep them after all. You can highlight them. Also, you might wish to save someone else’s story on your phone or computer. Doing so will require additional apps. But the creator won’t have a clue you saved their story.
Have you ever saved an Instagram Stories? Did you use the Chrome Downloader? Let us know in the comments section below.