Are Instagram Stories Viewers Anonymous
Instagram doesn’t allow its users to view stories anonymously. But we all have those moments where we want to view someone’s Story without them knowing. Fortunately, there are ways to overcome this barrier.
This article will explain how to view other people’s Instagram Stories without raising alarms.
Are Instagram Stories Viewers Anonymous?
Instagram’s policies offer safety and accountability for its users. As such, any registered account you use to view someone else’s Instagram Stories shows up on the list of viewed by or seen by.
These measures discourage people from engaging in inappropriate behavior such as harassment or stalking. Also, they make people accountable for their actions. When you act irresponsibly and someone reports you, Instagram can track you down.
So, there’s no hope that Instagram will launch an official anonymous story viewer anytime.
But that’s not the end of the story. With technology and a little ingenuity, people have figured out ways of getting around this problem.
Ways of Viewing Instagram Stories Anonymously
Now it’s time to equip you with all the tips and tricks you need to navigate Instagram Stories without revealing your identity. But remember, doing this is against Instagram’s policies. Ensure you don’t use these methods to harm anyone or to engage in malicious activities.
Here are six methods you can use to view Instagram stories anonymously.
1. Sneaky Pull Around the Cube
This method is risky. If you don’t hold and press in the right places, your little face will appear in their seen-by list. For that reason, be careful when using it.
Here’s how it works:
- Launch Instagram Stories and scroll to the story you want to view.
- Click to view the story ahead of it.
- Press and hold and gently tip across such that you can see the frame of the next story.
- Tilt the frame till it appears like a big cube.
- Once you finish, swipe to the right to return to the story you clicked on first.
Beware that an advertisement appears before you see the frame of the story you want to view anonymously. View the ad while holding and pressing, and avoid clicking.
2. Block Instagram Stories’ Owner for 24 Hours
The above method might be restrictive if Stories are longer or if there’s more than one slide. And that’s where blocking comes in. But for this method to work, you have to act at lightning speed.
- Head over to the Instagram Story and view the whole story.
- After watching, open the owner’s profile and click the three dots.
- Select “Block.” They won’t be able to see that your account exists.
If you still want to follow up anonymously, block them until the stories you have viewed expire. For example, if their story lasted less than two minutes, block them for 24 hours.
3. Download the Instagram Story
Apart from hiding your identity, this method gives you unlimited access to the story you want to view. You can save, analyze, and keep the stories for future reference. To download Instagram Stories, you use a website called StorySaver.net. It is available for phone and desktop downloads.
You download the Instagram Stories as follows:
- Launch the web page StorySaver.net on your browser.
- Enter the username of the account from which you want to view the video.
- Click “Download.”
- You get the recent stories and highlights on the account. Click “Save” and select where you want the download to go.
With this method, you can view even videos.
4. Create a Fake Instagram Account
Creating a fake Instagram account can offer a solution if you want to follow Instagram Stories anonymously over a long period. The setup is similar to your official account. However, you use false credentials to ensure no one can uncover your identity. Even when your fake account appears on the list of Instagram Stories viewers, no one will know it’s you.
Setting up a fake Instagram account is easier on a desktop to help you access multiple tabs at a go. Here’s how you go about it:
- Open your official Instagram account and log out.
- Go to tempmail.org and duplicate the tab. On one page, generate a temporary email, and on the other, a phone number.
- Head back to Instagram and click “Sign-up.”
- Use the temporary email and the temporary phone number you generated. Remember, the credentials expire after 10 minutes. You need to act fast.
- Choose a unique name and set up your profile. You can use nature images. Using a celebrity’s image or another person’s image who’s on Instagram makes your account look suspicious.
Once finished, you can view Instagram Stories without anyone knowing it’s you.
5. Go Airplane Mode
This is another risky method if you don’t have time for lengthy processes. You bank on the fact that Instagram preloads at least two stories when you log in. When you turn on Airplane mode, you turn off the internet, and you can view the preloaded stories anonymously.
6. Use Third-Party Software
Nowadays, technology is at the heart of everything – even viewing Instagram stories. You can find hundreds of free and paid-for tools that suit your anonymity. And though they work off Instagram, they give you an undiluted Instagram Stories experience.
This section covers the best third-party software to view Instagram Stories anonymously.
Glassagram comes in free and paid versions. Both versions work the same. However, the free version has limited features. It can only view and download the stories. On the other hand, the paid version allows you to keep track of the Instagram stories.
The beauty of this software is that you don’t need to download any app. You just head to Glassagram’s website and proceed as follows:
- State whether you want to monitor a public or private account.
- Enter the profile URL or username and watch.
For the paid version, you’ll need to sign up.
Instalkr is a free anonymous Instagram Stories viewer that doesn’t require you to register. You can view and download your desired Instagram stories just by visiting their website. Plus, you don’t need to be a registered Instagram user. You only need to paste a URL link or the account username you want to view.
The only downside with this software is you can only view public profiles.
Stories IG is another free anonymous Instagram Stories tool. It works the same way Instalkr works. With the URL or username you want to spy on, you’re home and dry. It also allows you to download and save the stories. The downside is you can’t track Instagram stories from a centralized place.
Spy Like Never Before
With your official Instagram account, viewing Instagram Stories anonymously is impossible. However, with technology and a few tricks, you can leap over any obstacle in your way. But most methods that require a URL or username can only spy on public accounts.
Have you ever viewed an Instagram Story anonymously? If so, did you use any of the tips and tricks featured in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.