How To View Instagram Stories Without an Account
Nowadays, it’s surprising to hear when someone doesn’t have an Instagram account. But even those that were able to resist this social network know what Instagram stories are. If you’ve heard about a story you just can’t miss, you’re probably wondering if there are ways to see it without having to create an account.
In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about viewing Instagram stories and suggest which tools can help you do it.
Can I View Instagram Stories Without an Account?
You found out someone important to you posted a story, and you want to check it out ASAP. But you don’t have an account. Since the person who posted the story can see who opened it, you don’t want to ask your friends for help. If you try to go to the Instagram website, you’ll only see the option to create an account, and there’s no workaround to access the feed.
Fortunately, there is a way to view Instagram stories without an account, but you need to use the right third-party software to do it. We’ve prepared this list of the best ones out there, along with instructions on how to use them:
Insta-Stories Online is a free and easy-to-use tool that enables you to see stories without an account. It’s a website, so it doesn’t require you to download any apps or programs. Plus, you don’t have to create an account for it.
Here’s how to use it:
- Open your browser and go to the Insta-Stories Online website.
Enter the person’s username whose story you want to see in the search bar and press “Enter” or hit the magnifying glass icon on the right. Pay attention to dashes, underscores, dots, and any other punctuation marks found in their username.
- You’ll see the profile appear at the top left. Press the purple circle on the left to access their stories. You can also scroll down to see all current stories by that user and select the one you want to see.
- If you want to view other stories published by the user, press the left or right arrow.
Insta-Stories Online lets you download stories to your device by hitting the “Download” button in the top-right corner. Additionally, you can save your favorite profiles by pressing the heart icon to the right of the username. This software allows you to view and download posts, as well.
In addition to viewing and downloading Instagram stories, Instadp allows you to view and download Instagram profile pictures, Reels, Posts, Highlights, and Videos.
Here’s how to view Instagram stories using this tool:
- Open your browser and visit the Instadp website.
- Type the username of the person whose story you want to view in the “Username” search bar and press “Enter” or select the magnifying glass icon.
- Press “Continue.”
- Scroll down to see all stories the user has posted in the last 24 hours. If you want to save any of them, press the “Download” button.
Every profile you search will appear in “History,” so you can always access them later without a problem.
Instadp works on all platforms, and it’s completely free.
StoriesIG is yet another simple and free website for viewing and downloading Instagram stories. You can use it on both your computer and mobile device, regardless of the operating system you have. Follow the instructions below to use it:
- From your browser, visit the StoriesIG website.
- Enter the profile’s username in the search bar and press “Enter” or the two arrows on the right. Pay attention to any punctuation marks in the username.
- You’ll see the number of current stories displayed below the username. Scroll down to view them. To save them to your device, select “Download.”
This tool enables you to view and download Instagram Highlights as well. Just select “Highlights” after searching for a username.
The other websites we’ve mentioned above are excellent, but there’s a slight chance you’ll get the wrong results, especially if there’s a lot of accounts with a similar username. They let you enter the username, but the website chooses one at random if there are multiple similar profiles.
Mystalk allows you to enter the username and then choose the correct profile you want to view. Because of this, you don’t have to know the exact username. What’s more, you can find the profile just by using the person’s real name (if they added it to Instagram).
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your browser and go to the Mystalk website.
- Enter the username or the person’s first and last name in the search bar at the top and press “Enter” or the magnifying glass on the right.
- Choose the profile you want to view.
- You’ll see the profile’s stories below the username. Scan through them to find the one you’re interested in, or view all of them. To save them to your device, press “Download” at the bottom-right corner of the story.
Dumpor enables you to search and download stories, posts, and videos. Another interesting feature is that it allows you to conduct the search based on hashtags or locations.
Follow the steps below to view Instagram stories:
- Open your browser and visit the Dumpor website.
- Type the username in the search bar.
- You’ll see several profiles appear in the results. Choose the one you’re interested in.
- Scroll down and press “Show Stories.”
- Select the one you want to view. If you wish to save it to your device, press the green icon in the top-right corner.
Are There Any Downsides to Using Websites for Viewing Stories Without an Account?
The websites we’ve mentioned are free and serve their purpose, but there are several potential downsides you should keep in mind:
In most cases, using Instagram story viewers is safe. However, these websites can still track your activity and information. Those worried about their online safety should probably not use these tools or research them further before deciding on one.
Some websites claim they enable you to view stories posted by private profiles and then redirect you to other pages that often aren’t legitimate. These websites can even contain viruses that can damage your device.
Other websites may ask you to enter your email address, phone number, or other private information. Although this is entirely up to you, we advise against it. Numerous Instagram story viewers don’t require you to provide any personal information.
Most Instagram story viewers contain ads that can be annoying and lead to websites that aren’t trustworthy. It’s best to ignore them.
Is It Possible to View Everyone’s Story Without an Account?
It’s not possible to access everyone’s stories. First of all, you can only see stories from public accounts. Instagram users have two options for their accounts: public and private. When an account is set to “public,” everyone can view their posts and stories. But, when a private account publishes a post or a story, only its followers can see it. So, if you’re trying to view a story posted by a private profile, you’re out of luck.
Additionally, Instagram features a “Close Friends” option. By enabling it, users share their story only with the people they’ve selected. These stories are impossible to access unless you have an account and get added to their Close Friends.
Lastly, keep in mind each story lasts only 24 hours. You can’t access an expired story unless the user saved it to the “Highlights” section.
You Don’t Need an Account to View Insta Stories
Instagram doesn’t enable you to access people’s stories if you don’t have an account. But, with the help of numerous Instagram story viewers, this isn’t a problem. Various tools are available online and can be used on any platform, regardless of the operating system. Plus, they are user-friendly and completely free.
We hope you’ve found this article helpful and that you now know how to view Instagram stories without an account.
Have you tried viewing Instagram stories without an account? What tool did you use? Tell us in the comments section below.